• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rudy Gay to Hawks in 4 team trade rumor????

ThomasCredle

If another thread about this has been started please move it didn't see any when I looked.

http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nba-rumors-four-way-trade-suggest-rudy-gay-hawks-celtics-get-jahlil-okafor/39197/

http://en.yibada.com/articles/148398/20160804/nba-trade-rumors-hawks-acquire-rudy-gay-celtics-jahlil-okafor.htm

Does anyone think there is any validity to this monster 4 team trade with us giving up Tiago, Minny draft pick, and THjr.  to get Rudy Gay in this monster 4 team trade.   Seemed far fetched to me with too many moving parts and I know nothing about either of those sites at all.

if this deal is actually (doubt it) being considered what do people think about Rudy Gay at the 3 and is that too much to give up to get him?

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Making a trade involving Splitter is saying Big Walter is ready and I don't know if he is ...

I thought the same thing we would be really light at the 5 and would have to have a lot of faith in Dwight playing huge minutes if we make that deal.   

Gay would give us some scoring from the three and move Baze to start at the 2 with Kyle off the bench.   

I have to admit I've not watched Gay play much would he be a good fit in our system and can be pass the ball well?

moving two players for 1 would also clear up some of the roster overload we have

• Admin
4 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

I thought the same thing we would be really light at the 5 and would have to have a lot of faith in Dwight playing huge minutes if we make that deal.   

Gay would give us some scoring from the three and move Baze to start at the 2 with Kyle off the bench.   

I have to admit I've not watched Gay play much would he be a good fit in our system and can be pass the ball well?

moving two players for 1 would also clear up some of the roster overload we have

Rudy Gay is an enigma ... He seems to be a good player and a good teammate but he just hasn't seen success ... Actually teams have a history of being better after he leaves .... That being said there is no denying his talent .., you are right about him taking then3 and allowing Baz to play 2 ... I think he would be a great fit here and make us a better team ... His game could really fit Bud's system ... It also gives our draft picks some more time to develop down in the dleague while we stay competitive ... Rudy also brings a lot,more size to the SFs where he can also play some 4 ... Much better for defending the big small forwards in the East ... It's intriguing 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Making a trade involving Splitter is saying Big Walter is ready and I don't know if he is ...

I liked the last write up about the trade, I think he could be a good fit too. I do see a trend of players coming to the Hawks and becoming more complete basketball players in our system.

I don't know if Edy is ready either but can we assume Splitter is ready to play a full season? Biggest question is what other bigs are out there that could step in and share minutes with Edy if we did trade Splitter?

I like the healthy Splitter a lot but I was worried about his health when we traded for him and I'm probably more worried about it today.

Edited by cam1218

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Not necessarily. We didn't have Splitter or Humphries for a time last season and Edy barely got to play. Humphries and Muscala could continue taking the backup center minutes if Edy isn't ready. Not that I would be thrilled with that arrangement. I like our bench how it is now and, like you mentioned, Gay has had a black cloud over him for a while. That said, he brings a lot to the table that we need. And I would trust our team to turn him into a more valuable player than he has been for the last few years. I would have a hard time saying no if there is any validity to this rumor. edit: which there apparently isn't

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

This was just a fan blog idea not something really being discussed. Gay doesn't even remotely fit what Bud wants in a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOLF's BACK YEAAAAA

3 hours ago, ThomasCredle said:

If another thread about this has been started please move it didn't see any when I looked.

http://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/nba-rumors-four-way-trade-suggest-rudy-gay-hawks-celtics-get-jahlil-okafor/39197/

http://en.yibada.com/articles/148398/20160804/nba-trade-rumors-hawks-acquire-rudy-gay-celtics-jahlil-okafor.htm

Does anyone think there is any validity to this monster 4 team trade with us giving up Tiago, Minny draft pick, and THjr.  to get Rudy Gay in this monster 4 team trade.   Seemed far fetched to me with too many moving parts and I know nothing about either of those sites at all.

if this deal is actually (doubt it) being considered what do people think about Rudy Gay at the 3 and is that too much to give up to get him?

I can't see the Kings giving up Gay for that. They sell high on their talent. I'm sure they'd want Baze or Crowder in return.

Hawks better off moving Thabo at SG so Prince can get minutes at SF.

Edited by BigDog90

"Rudy Gay has been vocal in saying that he does not want to be traded but rumors are swirling that the Sacramento Kings is still placing him on the trading block."

They lost me at "Kings is..."

"While adding Gay and McLemore would create a logjam at the wing, the two provides the needed depth to keep the Hawks competitive."

They lost me at "the two provides..."

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I'd be very surprised if we give up that Minny pick.   I think this is the year they break through and make the playoffs which gives us another shot a great quality young player.     Despite my optimism for this season we have a rebuild in our back pocket.   Korver, Thabo, Sap are all near the end of their deals and look what is left.   A very, very young team.   

Didn't realize his percentages were as good as they are. I do know there is no conscious about shooting with him and if you have that mindset it needs to help the team be better for it. The last few years show no evidence of that happening.   

I wonder if we could do two separate trades with Sacramento.  

First, Splitter, Scott, and Brembry for Gay and second  round draft choice.

Second, lottery protected first round draft choice and our $8 million trade exception for Kosta Koufos.

We mitigate the loss of Splitter, Scott may or may not even play this year due to legal problems, and THjr can do what Bremby might eventually do.  

The lottery protected first that we give up won't be that much better (in all likelihood) than a Sacramento second round pick (maybe ten places difference?).

Anyway ... I'd do this trade and gamble that we could improve Gay's game within our system.