• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nope. Not at all. The fact is that Thabo was able to single handedly disrupt Lebron for the entire first half, Kyle starting would have kept him on the bench most of the night.

We were able to stay with Kyrie and JR a lot better than in the past too. Defense set the tone for us for sure. Having Kent guard Lebron instead of Thabo changes the entire dynamic of our defense. You saw the few times Kent was switched on to him Lebron immediately tried to body him up because he simply isn't afraid of Kent. At least he respects Thabos presence

I hope bud is smart enough to stay with that group come playoff time..instead of playing others...that's what makes a good coach..not sure he learns though

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheTruth said:

Unfortunately, I did not watch the game. But quick question: Do you think we win this game had Kyle started?

Yes. 

But that's an interesting question.  Not because of Thabo.  However, when you watched the game, you wonder if Baze puts up some of the threes he put up with Kyle in the game??  It looked like Baze said, If Curry can hit 13, I can hit 5.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wanna see that last 3 by DMike.  Until I do, we're not on speaking terms, Bird.  I enjoyed it and watched it twice, but I shouldn'tve had to go through all his highlights to see it. 

I would also  like to officially request a D8 reboarding hightlight reel.  I also want to change my name to IGotBoardsInAtlanta.  Panda, panda, panda, ....

That is all. :happy:

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm glad Baze hit that shot but the longest possible step back 2 with 7 seconds on the shot clock wasn't the smartest decision.   I was screaming at the tv....till it went in.     

No, no, no .....

jlys

Or as @Spud2Nique would say ...

yaaaas honey

Here is what I gathered from the game.... 

Dennis is such an upgrade over Teague. He seems to never be scared in the moment and even when he's off his game he doesn't tune out like Teague used to. 

Thabo legitimately deserves to be in the 6th man or the year discussion and DPOY. He is balling. Made LBJ's life a living hell. 

Dwight really is the antidote for Thompson bullying us. He locked him down and also kept him off the glass. That paycheck he got is looking like a steal right about now. 

Prince was Soooooooo up and down. He'd have possessions where he'd be flawless in about every aspect in terms of running/flowing through our offense and playing sound defense on the other end to having a terrible play and being wrong spots. 

Bazemore is actually the leader of this team. While he played well and shot like Ray Allen last night I couldn't help but notice after every foul call that was BS or small run Cleveland would go on Baze was the guy to group us together and be the steady hand. Was generally surprised considering he used to be just an "energy guy" 

Delaney is such a blessing off the bench. Y'all don't even know how much of a steal he is for us. 

Humphries played bad. Like really bad. 

Musky for the dunk contest

and lastly 

Bud coached a damn near perfect game

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I know it's only 1 game...but I like Thabo as our starter. That lineup could really be the best defensive team in the league. 

Thabo is great defensively but they've got to keep him from dribbling the ball too much.   I'm not believing the 1 turnover in the box score.   He has a tendency to dribble all over the place and through some wild passes.   

30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Thabo is great defensively but they've got to keep him from dribbling the ball too much.   I'm not believing the 1 turnover in the box score.   He has a tendency to dribble all over the place and through some wild passes.   

To his defense, #1 he's pretty good handling the ball, and #2 he usually has more of a point forward role when he's in with the 2nd unit. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm glad Baze hit that shot but the longest possible step back 2 with 7 seconds on the shot clock wasn't the smartest decision.   I was screaming at the tv....till it went in.     

Completely agree very very very bad idea ... until it went in!

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Dennis is such an upgrade over Teague. He seems to never be scared in the moment and even when he's off his game he doesn't tune out like Teague used to.

Bazemore is actually the leader of this team.

I think I agree with both of those statements. Regarding Dennis, there are going to be some rough patches as he continues to grow, but as you say at least he's always aggressive and fearless.

Regarding Baze, I think you're right much in the same way that Draymond is considered the "leader" of the Warriors. Obviously he's not their best player; but he's their energy guy, their heartbeat, the engine that powers the hot rod car. I think Baze is emerging into something exactly like that for us.

Obviously Millsap is our best player, and Dwight is still a beast with what he brings. Schröder is the lightning rod with a lot of still untapped ability. But Baze is turning into the engine that powers our car. It's a good thing we kept him around. I'm thinking no on the Amnesty Baze proposition :good:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Moose is leading the NBA in FG%!

This time last year I was ready to see him traded but right now with the way he brings a very different and very positive element to the floor when Dwight goes off of it he is not to be touched by any other interested team. He really is proving his worth to us and is fitting in seamlessly. One million a year deal to boot.