• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Just an extra tidbit about scoring in the post for us. Please don't just assume I am a fan of a pompous jerk but thought the comment by Willis is quite revealing.

0.72 points per possession on post ups. That ranks 95th out of 110 players with at least 20 possessions per http://NBA.com/stats 

Hack-a-Dwight weighs into it, despite his vastly improved shooting. He gets free throw attempts on 26.4% of those post-up plays (3rd most in NBA, when using K-Will's criteria). Anything other than 2-for-2 from the line (0 points, 1 point) diminishes the PPP stat.

Among D8's peers in this regard is Andre Drummond (0.73 PPP, to D8's 0.72; 28.5% of possessions are post-ups compared to Howard's 25.8%). Yet despite Drummond's notoriously poor FT%, few play Bang the Drummond Slowly with Andre, who draws free throw attempts on those plays just 9.9% of the time (again, compared to Dwight's 26.4%). Might it be a matter of Dwight holding the ball too long on those post-ups?

That ranking isn't so bad when one whittles it down to the 24 bigs w/ 100 or more post-up plays. Dwight still ranks 23rd out of those 24 on PPP, but his 26.4% FT frequency really stands out among that cluster more than the 0.72 does. Also above-average is his 17.0 TO% on post-ups (5th out of 24), again a hint that Dwight may be playing less instinctively than the team needs on those plays.

Last-place in PPP among that subset is Hassan Whiteside (0.68 PPP) who, as timing would have it, Alex Kennedy just tweet-praised as having "lived up to that big contract." Despite the lower scoring efficiency, Hassan posts-up with greater frequency (29.9%) than Dwight but, heck, what else is Miami gonna do...

Also notable: among those 24 bigs, Paul Millsap ranks 2nd with a 1.02 PPP (behind Enes Kanter's 1.03). Sap is right behind Dwight in free throws earned when posting up (25.0% FT frequency, 2nd out of 24), but his TO% is about half Dwight's.

http://stats.nba.com/players/post-up/#!?sort=PPP&dir=1&CF=Poss*GE*100&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals

~lw3

• Like 4

Yes @Sothron preeeeeaaaaccchhh!!! We are famiiiiiilllyyyy, @kg01 Got all her sisters and me....:-|

Serious note though I know it's hard to bottle up ur emotions and not try and make someone feel like shit but I think we can all do it with some effort.

Try this trick: Pretend you are Kevin Arnold from the Wonder Years and ask yourself: What would Kevbo say to Paul Pfeiffer when he got mad at him? I mean he would tell him off I guess cuz Kevin was kind of a d*ck, but then he would think about it and quickly apologize to the four eyed goofy bastard Pfeiff, remembering that they were best friends and that if he lost Paul, he'd prolly have to go kick it with Doug Porter, the fat kid who was a pushover and made trading cards with Kevin no fun due to being a pushover and would just bore Kevin and not challenge him like Paul did. So in the end here folks, we are all Hawks fans and friends...some like Kev, Paul and Winnie close while others like Doug Porter, Randy Mitchell and Chuck Coleman close. 

Ps I'll zing myself here...:-(

IMG_8098.GIF

Hawks only made 6 of 25 from downtown last night.

Each team scored 27 points in the second quarter.

Detroit won the third quarter - 25 \ 23.

Hawks won the 4th quarter - 27 \ 24.

For the last three quarters, Atlanta won by 1 point.

What happened?  Detroit hit 7 of 10 from deep.  Detroit grabbed rebounds

and hit put back shots.  They drove inside and had those - and one - calls.

Pistons scored 42 in the 1st quarter.  Hawks had 18.

Sleepwalking through the entire 1st quarter, only to awaken and find out

that the game is over.  How sad.

Over and over last night, Hawks played hot potato with the ball.  No one

could make a basket and seemed to be afraid to shoot.

When, if ever, will we learn to defend the three point line?  This is getting

old.  Are all our players getting too old and slow to get there?  Or, do they

stay out late, miss their rest and sleep and consume too many adult beverages?

They are supposed to be adults yet sometimes they act like children.  Grow up.

You can party in the summer, after the season is over.  Stop this, "I want mine

and I want it now" like a spoiled brat.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yes @Sothron preeeeeaaaaccchhh!!! We are famiiiiiilllyyyy, @kg01 Got all her sisters and me....:-|

Serious note though I know it's hard to bottle up ur emotions and not try and make someone feel like shit but I think we can all do it with some effort.

Try this trick: Pretend you are Kevin Arnold from the Wonder Years and ask yourself: What would Kevbo say to Paul Pfeiffer when he got mad at him? I mean he would tell him off I guess cuz Kevin was kind of a d*ck, but then he would think about it and quickly apologize to the four eyed goofy bastard Pfeiff, remembering that they were best friends and that if he lost Paul, he'd prolly have to go kick it with Doug Porter, the fat kid who was a pushover and made trading cards with Kevin no fun due to being a pushover and would just bore Kevin and not challenge him like Paul did. So in the end here folks, we are all Hawks fans and friends...some like Kev, Paul and Winnie close while others like Doug Porter, Randy Mitchell and Chuck Coleman close. 

Ps I'll zing myself here...:-(

IMG_8098.GIF

What an idiot!

0.gif

Some advice for you, sir ...

Dwight Schrute's personal philosophy

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No, you really don't. This place is the best sports site in the internet because of the community. A community that respects each other even when we disagree. The few times that is not the case is what the mods are here for.

If this place became another cesspool of fans cursing and threatening to kill each other then it would no longer be the Squawk.

A lot of the current posters weren't here when it was total anarchy. I mostly just 'lurked' back then but it was pretty bad. Soth isn't exaggerating. If it ever gets back to that, I'm out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

A lot of the current posters weren't here when it was total anarchy. I mostly just 'lurked' back then but it was pretty bad. Soth isn't exaggerating. If it ever gets back to that, I'm out.

Same here. I think most ppl here know what I went through but I was just one person among many posters that were routinely insulted and/or threatened with bodily harm. It was a wild zoo in here with egos run amok and people caring more about being "right" than about the actual team.

It was toxic. @Dolfan23 did the right thing in draining the swamp of all that negative junk and putting in actual rules that are enforced by mods.

If it ever went back to the old days I would quit just as I quit before after getting repeatedly threatened. If it wasn't for @Dolfan23 telling me privately how much the place had changed and to at least try to come back and give it another shot then you guys and gals would never have seen Ol' Just Now Got a Cellphone Soth around these parts again.

• Like 2

I was a visitor to this site as well in 2003-2006ish but it kinda was like a zoo. I remember posting something about recruiting Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry around that time when they were free agents and one person replied.."let's make sure it's not Chandler from friends" or something then a few others said some weird stuff too and I didn't stay cuz it wasn't the best experience. Then I came back a few years later and it was like a whole new site and I was in for the long haul. Bird and I came in the infamous  squawker draft of 2009...lol... IMO one of the finest drafts. ;-)

vor 3 Stunden, benhillboy sagte:

Ahhh boo.  I was wondering what the beef was about.  Put the posts back up, please.  After last night we need a little entertainment.  We're all big boys and girls here lol.

Just half-kidding though.  The mods do an excellent job. 

If I remember correctly that dude Quasar cussed me out succinctly about Joe and never returned.  It was awesome.

Seconded. Dont feed the troll. Sothron is not really afraid.

Im so sorry. It wasnt the really me posting. Some ISIS guys kidnapped me and made me do horrible things, one of which whas making me flame my ATL penpals. I wish I could say it will never happen again, but it is really up to Donald Trump. So dont blame me, blame Donald Trump.

I got here in '08, never really seen any outlandish foolishness and would totally ignore it if I had.  What type of shafthead would seriously threaten someone over basketball tho?  Russell Westbrook was on this bih?

The rapport here is better than most fan boards for sure.  They all have at least 3 or 4 troll factions.  We deserve a classier brand of ball.  Someone cue me Jim from The Office in a tux gif.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Seconded. Dont feed the troll. Sothron is not really afraid.

15 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Of the violence, pestilence and agony of internet-warfare.

14 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Im so sorry. It wasnt the really me posting. Some ISIS guys kidnapped me and made me do horrible things, one of which whas making me flame my ATL penpals. I wish I could say it will never happen again, but it is really up to Donald Trump. So dont blame me, blame Donald Trump.

Let's be honest, there's really only 1 response to this series of posts ...

sidy

Get 'em, Chloe.

Would've also accepted @Sothron's favorite cat-related gif.  You know what to do, @JayBirdHawk

Oh no, I ain't even mad you didn't pick none of my gifs as your favorite, Soth.  Nah, I ain't mad ...

Kobe Death Stare