• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They could go on a 10 game winning streak and they'll still stink. They've gotten squashed too many times in embarrassing fashion and can't be taken as a serious threat to anything.

They should have had the fire sale a few weeks ago. Instead, they'll go another year as a faux contender.

Another 2nd round exit if they can avoid CLE, TOR and BOS in the 1st.

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

This would be 4th in the East. When should teams start to tank? And who should give us picks for our assets if 24 teams are supposed to tank?

Edited by rd79
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

No shame in losing to Crawford in the 4th.  He can sink any non-elite team on any given night.  I swear that boy aging in reverse.

IMG_8152.GIF

We lost a game?  No way, we can't lose we're supposed to be perfect!

[insert post on how bad we are and how we need to blow it up]

Doesn't this same narrative get a little old posting about because I think plenty of us are tired of seeing it. 

We're more than happy to spare you the keyboard typing and can post something on your behalf if you like after a loss. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

The Hawks lose and look at who shows up to post. Why, who woulda guessed it?

Hots be like ...

me

ETA: "Yesh you, princess."

I'mma earn your gif-respeck, Soth.

On the game, gotta give Crawford mad respeck.  Was the best player on the court down the stretch.  Made our "defense" look like child's play.

ETA: Also, Doc, Jr. or DelaneySucks?

Edited by kg01

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no reason we should not curb stomp this version of the Clippers , but........ we are the Hawks. 

Hopefully they come to play ike the Falcons did yesterday.

:blush:

vor 9 Stunden, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

Rivers; 10-21 for 27 points

Reddick 17 points

Crawford 19 points

Those are the facts.

In fact, the Hawks every player had a productive night for the Clips. Crazy stuff.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900088

The idea that this is a good defensive team is laughable.

But whatabout Felton? U know, the guy Dennis actually whas assigned to last night?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

There is absolutely nothing special about Toronto or Boston. Toronto (who currently has won 2 more games than us)  just got smashed by 35 points 4 says ago and we have the same number of wins as Boston who every 'expert' has touted as contendeers. 

It's Cleveland and everybody else .

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is absolutely nothing special about Toronto or Boston. Toronto (who currently has won 2 more games than us)  just got smashed by 35 points 4 says ago and we have the same number of wins as Boston who every 'expert' has touted as contendeers. 

It's Cleveland and everybody else .

Anyone who doesn't see this probably has their tv fixed on BSPN 99% of the time.  Boo-yah! {insert annoying catch phrase!!}

TOR will be lucky to get out of the 1st round themselves.  They were 2 game 7 meltdowns away from getting put out early last year.  In both their series IND and MIA were up and set to win then inexplicably farted the games away.  Both series.

And wake me up when the Sees win a playoff round, much less advance to the ECF.  Eggsperts talk about them going on a run.  Funny when it comes to everyone else the narrative is, "Oh well see teams don't go from 1st round exit to ECF in one season.  It's a progression, blah, blah, blah ..."  Don't get me started on the Sees agin, Bird.  Don't get me started! {shakes fist in the air} :argh:

• Moderators
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

No shame in losing to Crawford in the 4th.  He can sink any non-elite team on any given night.  I swear that boy aging in reverse.

I've taken to calling him St. Augustine. Just doing backstrokes in that fountain of youth.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's really not just one game though because we have a huge flaw in this team.   Scoring.   Sure you can say we gave up 30 1st quarter points and the Clippers rained 3s and that looks like a defensive let down but the truth is that those things don't happen if we can actually make bucket more than 10% of the time.   

Baze, Thabo, Tim, Dunleavey, Dulaney - these guys will not get it done against better competition.   And sure we got torched by Jamal.  You know how you don't get torched by Jamal?   You expose him on defense so they have to take him out of the game!!!!!   The guy can't guard a middle schooler yet we barely went at him.   

But we are lacking in offensive talent.   We are winning because of defense, scheme, effort, Sap/Howard/Dennis.   But in the playoffs talent usually wins out.   

And if Jimmy Butler gets moved this year he better be coming here.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's really not just one game though because we have a huge flaw in this team.   Scoring.   Sure you can say we gave up 30 1st quarter points and the Clippers rained 3s and that looks like a defensive let down but the truth is that those things don't happen if we can actually make bucket more than 10% of the time.   

Baze, Thabo, Tim, Dunleavey, Dulaney - these guys will not get it done against better competition.   And sure we got torched by Jamal.  You know how you don't get torched by Jamal?   You expose him on defense so they have to take him out of the game!!!!!   The guy can't guard a middle schooler yet we barely went at him.   

But we are lacking in offensive talent.   We are winning because of defense, scheme, effort, Sap/Howard/Dennis.   But in the playoffs talent usually wins out.   

And if Jimmy Butler gets moved this year he better be coming here.  

You raise some good points, General.

It's why I wouldn't be too averse to seeing us go after Tucker/Knight from PHX.  Their GM is awful so we should be able to fleece them.  Knight gives us a scoring punch off the bench.  Tucker gives us a plus defender.  Makes Thabo expendable.

Also, if Butler goes, it'll be for much more than we can offer.  That comment falls under your usual General Nonsense.

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

You raise some good points, General.

It's why I wouldn't be too averse to seeing us go after Tucker/Knight from PHX.  Their GM is awful so we should be able to fleece them.  Knight gives us a scoring punch off the bench.  Tucker gives us a plus defender.  Makes Thabo expendable.

Also, if Butler goes, it'll be for much more than we can offer.  That comment falls under your usual General Nonsense.

I don't think Butler is going anywhere but i'm sure we can put together an attractive package.  But this isn't a trade thread.  Tucker/Knight would help.   Let's grab Barbosa while we're at it.  

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think Butler is going anywhere but i'm sure we can put together an attractive package.  But this isn't a trade thread.  Tucker/Knight would help.   Let's grab Barbosa while we're at it.  

Aaaaand, just like that, you lost me right at the end.  #GeneralNonsenseStrikes

Just now, macdaddy said:

Why?

Well, I'm not a fan of his for one.  Is he really worth those 2-3 minute stretches where he scores like 6-8 points in a row, gets the crowd in a frenzy but ends up giving up 10-12 points on the other end?

Two, I don't see how we could get he and Knight.  I'd rather have Knight.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, I'm not a fan of his for one.  Is he really worth those 2-3 minute stretches where he scores like 6-8 points in a row, gets the crowd in a frenzy but ends up giving up 10-12 points on the other end?

Two, I don't see how we could get he and Knight.  I'd rather have Knight.

Maybe he's lost a step but he's always been a tough defender and he's shooting the 3 better than anyone on our team.    He hasn't played enough to qualify but he'd be about 3rd in the league in 3point%.   Anyway.   How much are they really wanting for him.   They don't need him and he's certinaly better than Neal...and really a lot of other guys on our roster.