• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Only the Hawks can lose to the nets twice in a week playing like the worst team in the league, and then beat the best 2 teams in the conference on back 2 back games, playing really well on both occasions. We could either go all the way or get swept in the first round. Definitely the right time to get hot!

Only the Hawks!! Lol. I just couldnt stop laffing at this win.

Pretty interesting that what has plagued us all year killed the Cavs tonight. They struggled stopping the three with our ball movement and didn't come close to hitting one either. Satisfaction when one would never expect it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

also, tough d ... Bembry did a nice job on Bron ... sorta like how he played Harden

I noticed he held up in the post a couple times, usually a death trap for smaller wings on Lebron.  His numbers would look very efficient per 36 with the coinciding increase in usage.  He's a very heady player, he should have gotten more minutes thus far for sure seeing as he can play 3 spots.  But because Bud.

Anyway, this win was a landmark in my Hawk fandom.  Y'all do know we may not get anything else from Dunleavy this season tho. 

I'm happy for Tim Hardaway Sr.  I know he's having a ball watching his son act a damn fool.  The way he's mixing in the midrange he's looking like a pure shooter/scorer.  The boy just look hungry every night.  Draw that contract up Wilcox.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Honestly, I'd shoot for winning one more game and otherwise let the chips fall where they will. If it means attempting to pull this again, sure.

Honestly if this team beats Charlotte, I'd consider sitting people against Indiana again and attempting to pull this.

4 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Still convinced Bembry is Andre Roberson with an Afro

He does a lot more than Roberson but I am not convinced he's the defender Roberson is yet but he's a much better talent.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Per NBA TV, Kyrie Irving player hurt against us.

So are they going to say the same stuff when they get taken out in the playoffs? Not such a giant reach anymore. Surely last night with LeBron on the floor in the second half they could have flipped that invisible switch on some articles keep referring to. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bembry really has the potential to grow into an elite two way player if you can fix his terrible shot. He does everything. Pass, rebound,  defender, team defense, steals, blocks, vision, handles, playing in pockets, off ball movement and BBIQ. But his shooting is so bad. In today's NBA, he must improve that shot.

Basically a poor-man's Iggy.  I can dig it.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the Cavs locker room or get a sense of what the hell was going through Kyle's head.  I wonder if he's acclimated to the team enough for Lebron to tear into him.  He's never been used to a coach ripping him, let alone a player/coach/GM/president/owner.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So are they going to say the same stuff when they get taken out in the playoffs? Not such a giant reach anymore. Surely last night with LeBron on the floor in the second half they could have flipped that invisible switch on some articles keep referring to. 

People call Lebron a "great" teammate because he's a prolific facilitator and of course he wins.  Fact seems to be unless you're one of his favorite flunkies like James Jones his personality wears on his teammates.  Tristan don't be hearing that sh$t.  It's no coincidence they got washed by our C team without the guy who they look to for toughness often.  Lebron's body language is awful at times, something that wouldn't dare be allowed in Miami.  

Chemistry can't be understated and I don't think it's a stretch to say last night's sample is an indictment of the elements Dennis and Dwight offer.  Nothing against them, more of a slight towards #Budcox team-building while praising the second unit for buying into ball movement and best shot available (ie get Tim the damn ball).

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3