• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

40 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I kinda don't want any more wins after this one in the regular season. Use the next two as tune up games.

If not, Washington it is and I really don't want that. :angry:

Why is everyone so afraid of Washington? They only had 1 good game against the Hawks.  The others were tightly contested.  I don't see Washington as some unstoppable Juggernaut like the Warriors  or Spurs.   The Hawks match up well with all the top teams in the East if they play their game.  That's always a big if though.

• Like 4

Amazing game! Millsap was so clutch even with his free throws late in the game. Also, I loved seeing Hawks owner, Tony Ressler, dabbing up our players after the game! Maybe he will dish out the $.

We might be able to get Boston in the semi-finals if they get the #1 seed over the Cavs and we stay at the #5 seed. Cavs have a back-to-back against the Heat, who are looking to get into the playoffs. The Cavs starters have played a lot of minutes over the past three days. Then the Cavs finish the season at home against the Raptors. Meanwhile, Boston is home against the Nets tomorrow and home against the Bucks on Wednesday. Cavs do own the tiebreaker though.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Thomas said:

On the even more positive side what does Lue say in the locker room after this and in the post game presser. More BS from an ex ball hogging pg and very average coach.

Lue's sideline demeanor reminds me of what I used to see with Woodson, seeming clueless.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just when I railed against Moose and his broken shot he hits the shot if his life, hahahahahaha.

Quick!  Rail against Dennis, Dwight, Sap, Ersan ......

@turnermx I was thinking the exact same about "Coach" Lue.  Dude is awful.  Losses like these are on the coach imo.  Players are too 'close' and have to rely on the coach to steady the ship when the opponent is on an emotional run like we were.  The fact that he could do nothing to upset our rhythm is very telling.

I get it, he's a "championship winning" "coach" and all that but IMHO he's showing his true colors this season.  James playing 55 minutes a game, inexplicable losses, etc.  Ridiculous

Lastly, my favorite NBA guy Frank Isola read a fantastic stat w.r.t. our game.  There have been 841 games where teams had 26+ 4th quarter leads.  With the Cavs loss Sunday, those teams' records are now 840-1.  Boom.

Oh, btw, here's eggsclusive footage of the Cavs' postgame press conferences which were basically anti-ref bish sessions ....

Lebron

Sad Baby

Even Kyle got in on it ...

Cry Baby

Tyron? ...

sad

1 hour ago, turnermx said:

Lue's sideline demeanor reminds me of what I used to see with Woodson, seeming clueless.

Yeah, the series against the Raptors last year opened a lot of eyes as to how weak he really is as a coach. Everyone knew he was going to be green earlier but by that time you would think he surely would have been ready. Think he is in the same place now as well.

• Like 1

I was watching the 4th on mobile so the mythical comeback is pure kg-mojo.  Anyways, apparently the wife was having a great conversation with the side o' my head while I was watching.

Apparently I inadvertantly must've agreed to some horrid BIL-related decisions when I was yelling "Yes!" at the Musc and Sap 3's.

I'll likely be retaining the services of our Hawksquawk defense attorney at some point 'cause I'mma murder somebody soon.  I mean "allegedly" murder somebody.  Heh, that makes it inadmissable right?  @MaceCase any help?  @gonzo y'all got a spare room abroad for someone looking to get away for a while?

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_9471.GIF

IMG_9472.GIF

What?  My man gonz can get me smuggled out of the country if the need arises.  Hence 'abroad'.  What's funny?  Is english your 3rd language or something?  Actually, I take that back since I may need a westcoast hiding spot.

Yeah, you so funny, Spud.  Ha. ha. ha.

Gotta love how James says the explanation he was given for why the ref didn't grant his timeout was something he'd never heard before "in his career".

The ref apparently said he didn't grant the timeout because possession of the ball hadn't been determined or IOW that he couldn't determine who had the ball at the time.  Sounds reasonable, right?

Wrong per Mr. James.

James said STTE: "Of course we had possession since I'd just thrown the ball in."

No, Mr. James, just because you started with possession, doesn't mean you had possession at the time you were calling timeout.  Or am I missing the point.  James had never been told that by a ref because no ref dared to openly dispute what James asked for.  Hmmm..

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What?  My man gonz can get me smuggled out of the country if the need arises.  Hence 'abroad'.  What's funny?  Is english your 3rd language or something?  Actually, I take that back since I may need a westcoast hiding spot.

Yeah, you so funny, Spud.  Ha. ha. ha.

Lol sure I got a spot for you...

ala Theon Grayjoy....GOT...u may now be called...Reek..:-|

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Gotta love how James says the explanation he was given for why the ref didn't grant his timeout was something he'd never heard before "in his career".

The ref apparently said he didn't grant the timeout because possession of the ball hadn't been determined or IOW that he couldn't determine who had the ball at the time.  Sounds reasonable, right?

Wrong per Mr. James.

James said STTE: "Of course we had possession since I'd just thrown the ball in."

No, Mr. James, just because you started with possession, doesn't mean you had possession at the time you were calling timeout.  Or am I missing the point.  James had never been told that by a ref because no ref dared to openly dispute what James asked for.  Hmmm..

College is pretty important...:-|

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Lebron is a walking talkin moron.