• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency Thread.

Diesel

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hayward signing reportedly was holding up some of our plans. Let's see what happens now. 

Can't see what one has to do with the other.  

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just that 2 of his 3 pursuers are going to be back ou there ready to do business. I could imagine another team with cap space could prove to be more attractive to LAC than us.

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Now that the max deals are done, lower level players will decide where they are going. The Heat and Jazz, if he actually goes to the Celtics, can now refocus their attention. Agents of players like Willie Reed, the only guy we have reported interest in so far, are smart to wait on as many suitors as possible.

• Premium Member

Wow... shades of the false excitement around these parts last year... do the C's fans get the what-goes-around-comes-around treatment, or does Hayward land there after all?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wow... shades of the false excitement around these parts last year... do the C's fans get the what-goes-around-comes-around treatment, or does Hayward land there after all?

Wouldn't be Free Agency without the drama I suppose.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Anyone see a trend with our interest in Bog and CJ Miles? Both are capable of shooting a lot of 3's at over 38%.

It's the new NBA trend.  Shoot 3's at 40% and win games.  The numbers back it up.  

I agree with the strategy.  We need shooters anyway.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Not sure Hayward does that much for Boston.  They weren't as good as their record last year and Hayward is a Horford type signing (i.e. very nice player but not close to a superstar).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AHF said:

Not sure Hayward does that much for Boston.  They weren't as good as their record last year and Hayward is a Horford type signing (i.e. very nice player but not close to a superstar).

Boston got better and should be at least tue 2 seed in the East.  Hayward already knows the system and will play well in it.

It sucks, but thats what it is.

I feel pretty bad for Jazz fans.  They would have been something special in a year or two had Hayward stayed.

• Like 1