• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks... The Home-Opener!

lethalweapon3

Well...we did play a better game overall. Dennis, Dedmon, Prince, Marco and then some stuff from Collins was encouraging. But ended up short so same as it ever was to this point. 1-5 record now.

Bright spot! - If Bellaneli

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I hope y'all are enjoying the losing culture that Travis Schlenk is establishing in Atlanta.

I'm actually enjoying. I have zero expectations and I'm enjoying watching Dennis, Collins, Tauren, and DeAndre improve.   I don't see the players giving up.  They are young and they are keeping these games close.  Once they learn how to convert down the stretch they will get more wins.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Jabstepistan.  LMAO

I got stuck LOLing at Fat Shawn Kemp hahahaha

not a bad showing really for a young tanking team like this. Had a lot of chances to take this one it couldn't convert.

delaney is so bad, he's officially the tank commander.

marco has been great most nights and I might even pick up his jersey if he keeps this up. The dude has some range. Hope he sticks around during the tank, I need a bright spot like that.

schro was great too, thought we really had a chance after that steal and score late In the game. Too bad (maybe? #embracethetank) we couldn't finish well enough down the stretch. Oh well, 1-81 here we come!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KB21 said:

I hope y'all are enjoying the losing culture that Travis Schlenk is establishing in Atlanta.

What I’m enjoying is watching Menace continue his ascent to 20+/7+, Printz developing into DMC+, The Baptist looking like the lottery pick that he really is and the  steal he was at 19th, and the bright Hawks future of pairing those 3 good foundational pieces with the now very real possibility of snagging Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Ayton, or Bamba in the next draft. You know why? Because that’s a lot more exciting and promising than the treadmill of 1st and 2nd round exits for the last decade. You know why else?  Because I KNEW it was coming and I was prepared for it and know what to expect and how to enjoy it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hazer said:

What I’m enjoying is watching Menace continue his ascent to 20+/7+, Printz developing into DMC+, The Baptist looking like the lottery pick that he really is and the  steal he was at 19th, and the bright Hawks future of pairing those 3 good foundational pieces with the now very real possibility of snagging Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Ayton, or Bamba in the next draft. You know why? Because that’s a lot more exciting and promising than the treadmill of 1st and 2nd round exits for the last decade. You know why else?  Because I KNEW it was coming and I was prepared for it and know what to expect and how to enjoy it. 

Dennis's ascent to 20+/7+ has come with decreased efficiency with his scoring.  Scoring 20 points on 18 shooting possessions is not making a great impact.  He has to do more things that contribute to winning games.  Scoring efficiency is one of the aspects that contributes to winning games.

Taurean Prince has a long way to go to get to DMC's level, much less a plus version of him.  Will he get there?  My hope is the losing this team is going to be suffering over the next 5+ years will not hurt his development.  He has been thrown into a role he's not ready for, and you can see the results with all the turnovers and the diminished returns on defense at this point.  

John Collins would have been much better off learning the game behind Paul Millsap.  It would have been great to have Millsap show Collins the ropes of the NBA, how to defend both on the perimeter and in the post, and also how to be effective in the mid post area.  Right now, Collins is a rebounding maven who can be an efficient scorer, but as he showed last night, he can also have games where his scoring is inefficient (2 for 11 in 14 minutes).  He has to expand his offensive game and improve his defensive awareness.  Again, this is a player who is playing a bigger role than he should be at his stage of development because of the decisions made on how to build the roster this off season.

The losing is going to do far more harm than good to the development of these players.  It's like when you get stuck in quick sand.  You start doing things you shouldn't be doing in an attempt to get out.  The Hawks are about to experience the effects of the quicksand that the NBA Lottery is.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

...the losing this team is going to be suffering over the next 5+ years...

That is simply NOT going to happen...