• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

lethalweapon3

You can all blame who you want for the piss poor defense but there is only one person that falls on. That would be the head coach. To have two bad performances back to back with the likes of THJR and Temple clowning you,  that my friends is all on the head coach. I realize its game two but it is what it is

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He’s nowhere near Butler.  Prince is a 4th or 5th option on a good team.  The Hawks will be lucky if he becomes the 2014 version of Carroll.  

You’re very smart, he’s not anywhere near butler who’s an all star player. 

Very good @KB21......lol sheesh! You take things so literal, all we are saying is we see a little bit of Butler like offense in his game. We know he’s not jimmy Butler or even on butlers level genius 

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He’s nowhere near Butler.  Prince is a 4th or 5th option on a good team.  The Hawks will be lucky if he becomes the 2014 version of Carroll.  

I dont think is new to anyone. Yet you seem to wanna cry it out every post you make. Everyone realizes this is a young, incomplete, and bad team..

Just now, DBac said:

Looking at these scores around the league and let me tell you the Hawks aren't the only team failing to play defense. I think these freedom of movement rules are putting teams in the bonus and the result is higher scores.

I think that is what the league wants as well

22 hours ago, JTB said:

You’re very smart, he’s not anywhere near butler who’s an all star player. 

Very good @KB21......lol sheesh! You take things so literal, all we are saying is we see a little bit of Butler like offense in his game. We know he’s not jimmy Butler or even on butlers level genius 

He is putting up better numbers and percentage than Butler in year 3 and he's on the same plane on Butler's year 4. Defense is clearly WIP with Prince but saying Carroll is why KB is [an interesting poster with different ideas from me]

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

He is putting up better numbers and percentage than Butler in year 3 and he's on the same plane on Butler's year 4. Defense is clearly WIP with Prince but saying Carroll is why KB is such a shitty poster. 

Yeah I don’t read too much into his post when he’s being extremely negative about everything.

every one else including myself has pretty much moved on from the should we or should we not tank and he’s still there complaining about what has already taken place. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Nah Collins and Dedmon won’t bring wins but they will help with the flow of the game on both ends of the floor for sure .

we can’t focus on the W and L columns as it’s irrelevant to bring up knowing we weren’t going to be a good team anyways. So for you and others I suggest when you watch the hawks look for actual development from this group of young players as the games go by.

these young guys don’t know how to win right now but they can learn from this experience and get better.

....means no Plumlee and Poythress for 20+ minutes, no 41 year old Vince starting at PF, no TP forced to play PF unless is small ball. More rebounds and blocks from Collins and Dedmon.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Another 4 rebound performance by Len...Maybe this is this guy's ceiling.

And still more rebounds then what Whoreford gave us.. Pretty sad really

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

....means no Plumlee and Poythress for 20+ minutes, no 41 year old Vince starting at PF, no TP forced to play PF unless is small ball. More rebounds and blocks from Collins and Dedmon.

2 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

And still more rebounds then what Whoreford gave us.. Pretty sad really

Bing. Go.

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Exactly which is all good lol

Well, dang.  Look at our list of players out.  That team is better than our starting five right now.  And, those foul calls which hurts the game, slowing it down so much.  Then, given the opportunity of free throws, the Hawks miss so many.

Vince Carter, expected to get only a few minutes off the bench, is forced to start due to all our injuries.  You can see his flustration with all this new foul calling.

Don't be too hard on Alex Len.  He was expected, like VC, to be second string and play a few minutes off the bench.  Another forced starter.

Baze is what he is and what he has been for a long time.  And, we're surprised?  Why?  Did we expect him to change over the summer?  Nope.  No one thought this, I'm sure.

Poythress is one of our players on a 2 way contract,  That means, G League first and NBA player second.  Yet, like others, here he is, playing in the big league.

Trae Young has looked like he belongs here.  Our other two draft picks have played briefly and have seemed to fit right in.  We need to see more of them in future games.  and we will.

Jeremy Lin has not played well at all.  We should have expected this.  We all know how much time he has missed in the last two years.  Then, he is forced to play With the Hawks, who don't really know what they are doing yet.  He will get better as will this Hawk team.

Spellman out.  Dedmon out.  Collins out.  And we wonder why we're so bad?  Right now, that bad smell is us!  We stink!  Defense?  Nope.  Hitting all our free throws?  Nope.  Learning to play together?  With so many out with injuries?  Oh. No!

And, with all that has gone wrong, we may not yet have watched the worst.  Gasp!  Can we turn things around?  Can we get our injured list cleared?  Stay tuned.

GO ATL HAWKS !!