• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

15 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How about this . . . Will Cain says Trae ranks #5 among NBA players 21 and under.  Here is his list

1) Luka

2) Jayson Tatum

3) Zion

4) Ja Morant

5) Trae

His reason for Trae being #5?   

"He's good. But his numbers don't translate into winning."

This is a player averaging 30 ppg - 9 asst - 4 rebs - 44% FG and 37% 3FG  . . ranked FIFTH.

I'd put him higher as a Hawks fan but from the outside I get it.  Winning is the only difference with what Luka has so it's easy to say it's because of him just like it's easy to say we're losing because of Trae's lack of defense or whatever you want to use.  We are in the bottom tier with our record and respect is earned with wins and once Trae gets that with the Hawks it will come from people that don't watch him on a night in night out basis.

Suns fans could argue the same with Booker not being up there but they haven't proven they can win consistently yet either.  Morant spoke about Westbrook being disrespected and I see that too and I think it comes back to him never winning a chip.

I get Trae being slighted but some of you guys get so butthurt about the criticisms and act like this situation is only for us "lowly Hawks fans."

Winning changes everything.  We got plenty of positive publicity and news when we won 60 games.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, warcore said:

No but I need one badly. I live in New Mexico and I'm not allowed to watch any time the Hawks play the Nuggets or Suns no matter what city the game is in. It is the biggest pile of bull$h!t.

Do you have a VPN that would get around that?

Some browsers have them built in now so i'd go with that.  I know opera does so all you have to do is turn it on and then you are browsing from somewhere else.  I think Brave has it too but not sure.  Brave is a great browser and i highly recommend it.   

This is assuming that league pass works in the browser though and not an app.  

Regarding the Fox sports Go app, i don't think you can watch games in that without a authorized TV subscription.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm just leaving this here, I don't know where to put it.. :lmao:

Shot 80.4% from the FT line for his career.  Capela looks cooler shooting but hits 52.6% for his career.  Which of those free throw shooters is the joke?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Some browsers have them built in now so i'd go with that.  I know opera does so all you have to do is turn it on and then you are browsing from somewhere else.  I think Brave has it too but not sure.  Brave is a great browser and i highly recommend it.   

This is assuming that league pass works in the browser though and not an app.  

Regarding the Fox sports Go app, i don't think you can watch games in that without a authorized TV subscription.

I just use league pass through my PS4.... doesn't seem like I have a way around it 😕

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, warcore said:

I just use league pass through my PS4.... doesn't seem like I have a way around it 😕

You could set your router to use a vpn but that's a little complicated.  If you purchase a vpn service i think they walk you through it.  Then all your internet traffic is routed through another location.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We are back tonight baby! If Huerter is the poster boy tonight he needs to step up! 😃 

I hope whoever picks these images is actually doing it with a sense of humor because some of them are hilarious. It looks like Joe Harris just saw a ghost or something. 

• Haha 3

On 2/27/2020 at 8:14 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How about this . . . Will Cain says Trae ranks #5 among NBA players 21 and under.  Here is his list

1) Luka

2) Jayson Tatum

3) Zion

4) Ja Morant

5) Trae

His reason for Trae being #5?   

"He's good. But his numbers don't translate into winning."

This is a player averaging 30 ppg - 9 asst - 4 rebs - 44% FG and 37% 3FG  . . ranked FIFTH.

People are dumb. Trae played with a G league roster most of the year. LBJ in his prime would not win with the team that Trae played with early on. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 10:40 AM, AUhawksfan said:

I'd put him higher as a Hawks fan but from the outside I get it.  Winning is the only difference with what Luka has so it's easy to say it's because of him just like it's easy to say we're losing because of Trae's lack of defense or whatever you want to use.  We are in the bottom tier with our record and respect is earned with wins and once Trae gets that with the Hawks it will come from people that don't watch him on a night in night out basis.

Suns fans could argue the same with Booker not being up there but they haven't proven they can win consistently yet either.  Morant spoke about Westbrook being disrespected and I see that too and I think it comes back to him never winning a chip.

I get Trae being slighted but some of you guys get so butthurt about the criticisms and act like this situation is only for us "lowly Hawks fans."

Winning changes everything.  We got plenty of positive publicity and news when we won 60 games.

A few disconnected thoughts/observations:

1) The Westbrook issue is inefficiency more than winning. His true shooting percentages and points per shot have always been well-below many other prolific scorers. I’d Trae was posting numbers that inefficient I’d scream at him to pass and pass again. 

2) The irony of the “winning” Stats=real stats and losing stats=empty stats is really shown when we get to Draft time. Many lists have Lamelo Ball at the top, yet his Australian record is worse than Trae’s Hawks. Not many commentators are even discussing this as they were posting his stat lines game by game. 

3) I have no idea where to post this tweet regarding lineups in ATL. So here you go. I was surprised at the net rating but love what I’m seeing here. 

Edited by enrique
  • Like 1