• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

If you're a big fan of offensive basketball, AND Simeon HS alums, this was your night!

Also, way to go, ATLUTD! Conference Finals in our house!

~lw3

Yeeeeah!!

ATLUD and the Hawks -  last remaining hopes for Atlanta sports this year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What I like most about Hunter is his switching and ability to take and MAKE efficient shots. He reminds me so much of rookie Al Horford. He's a vet but he is a rookie. It's insane. 

And he only played 2 years of college ball. as opposed to Al's 4...I bet he played the same way in highschool. lol. JUst a smart player.

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

And he only played 2 years of college ball. as opposed to Al's 4...I bet he played the same way in highschool. lol. JUst a smart player.

He played three years at UVA like Al at Florida. Hunter just redshirted year 1. Both was on campus for three years. Don't slight the Bause. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What I like most about Hunter is his switching and ability to take and MAKE efficient shots. He reminds me so much of rookie Al Horford. He's a vet but he is a rookie. It's insane. 

He is the wing version of Al Horford. Fundamentally sound in all facets of his game.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

I watched the Pistons post game and when they interviewed poor Bruce Brown, he looked as if he was concussed after getting hit in the face with a tire iron.

And now I see why from watching the replay so far. Good Lord, Trae cooked him like a brisket on BBQ Pitmasters...

Myron Mixon is my wife’s best friend’s BIL 🐷  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He is the wing version of Al Horford. Fundamentally sound in all facets of his game.

Maybe Al has changed as he has gotten older; but there was a time he hated playing Center and facing bigger stronger players.

I think mentally Hunter is more mature than Al; and I don't think you will ever hear him bitching like Al, if asked to play bigger players than him. Hunter will probably relish the challenge instead of shrink from it. That is all I am going to say about Big Al.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe Al has changed as he has gotten older; but there was a time he hated playing Center and facing bigger stronger players.

I think mentally Hunter is more mature than Al; and I don't think you will ever hear him bitching like Al, if asked to play bigger players than him. Hunter will probably relish the challenge instead of shrink from it. That is all I am going to say about Big Al.

Al played center in an era where he was giving up 20-25 pounds on a nightly basis where the low post was still being used. Hunter, on the other hand, is bigger than most SFs. 

Al had an elite rookie year and I felt he was better as a rookie than Durant was regardless of the numbers. I fell Hunter will have an elite rookie year as well and is my favorite for ROY. 

Edited by NBASupes