• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 2/21/2020 at 2:23 PM, enrique said:

These guys are out of touch with reality and deeply embracing their identity as Traeters

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

That is what bothers me most about (I am going to coin this term) the “Traetors” is that they will continually harp on things he 

You're late on the 'Traeters'

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Yep, I think Dame and Harden are the closest comparables to Trae.  Lebron and Luka are more like each other.  

People are unhappy with this?  Don't get it at all.  

I'd say the Maverick is more like Harden than Trae is.

Trae is 1 of 1, sun.  Lilllllard can't touch Trae as a playmakuh.  Jmho

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd say the Maverick is more like Harden than Trae is.

Trae is 1 of 1, sun.  Lilllllard can't touch Trae as a playmakuh.  Jmho

Yeah Luka plays just like prime Harden to me.   All the way down to picking up rebounds off the floor that his teammates let bounce around.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

10 NBA Players Who Need to Step Up Right Now

Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks

All season, we've gotten reports that Trae Young might not be the best teammate or the easiest guy to coach. Maybe it's not too late to unring the bell on those accounts. And you have to wonder if having Young simply play like himself might turn the volume down on one of the noisiest teams in the league.

Young's counting stats glisten. He's putting up 27.0 points and 9.9 assists per game. The two-time All-Star's shooting percentages dull the shine considerably, as Young is posting his worst shooting percentages since he was a rookie in 2018-19. A 31.4 percent clip from beyond the arc is particularly troubling after last year's climb to 38.2 percent.

Along with Young's shooting accuracy, the Atlanta Hawks are nosediving in offensive efficiency, falling from last year's No. 2 ranking to a dispiriting 21st. Maybe it's not fair to pin that decline on Young. His presence on the floor coincides with a boost in Atlanta's offensive rating that ranks in the 98th percentile, right in line with his impact of a year ago. But as Charles Barkley notes so often on Inside the NBA, responsibility comes with being a great player. Young is a fully maxed-out, face-of-the-franchise figure in Atlanta. If the Hawks are going to get their house in order, he has to be the one to organize the cleanup.

That means acting in a way that changes what can only be described as an increasingly negative perception of his leadership. The shooting numbers also need to improve, and Young must put forth a modicum of effort on D. Those aren't big asks.

Young is "the guy" here, and the survival of this version of the Hawks depends on him to deliver on the floor and in the locker room.

10 NBA Players Who Need to Step Up Right Now | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

• Like 1
    • Thanks 2