• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

marco102

13 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

He probably has been feeling pressure to beef up but lanky dudes having problems with that... no excuses for going against league policy and hurting the team, but I get it.

And it's just steroids guys... you guys are acting like he's shooting H during halftime. Hawksquawk with a tad bit of overreaction here.

There is that right from wrong thing that just won't go away though. Best be that one lesson he has to learn and has now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 so the message here is:

Steroids>Heroin

Ya, go do that kids, it’s ok.

🤦‍♀️ sometimes I really wonder...

Far cry from when Babe Ruth drank booze and smoked cigars right before games or maybe not all that different since we have so much with technology, medicine and all that stuff now. His wasn't for performance enhancement anyway don't think.

• Like 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

PEDs have a limit on their ability to increase muscle mass and endurance. Taking more than the doctor is prescribing would be pointless. And they only test for known existing drugs. Really those labs just work with existing drugs in various concoctions. Making new drugs is extremely difficult, that's mostly a myth. Still allowing the use of PEDs in a regulated system is the way to go. Of course nothing is perfect, but it would be better than not allowing drugs that could safely benefit athletes.

A little history on PED regulation. There were made controlled drugs during the anti-drug craze hysteria of the 1980s at the behest of senator Joe Biden.

You are super naive if you think there won't be many athletes who take everything their trainer gives them regardless of what their doctor prescribes under this type of regime.  I don't think you really believe that all athletes under your regime would do what their doctor authorizes and nothing more. 

You are coming from the perspective of someone educated and logical.  Athletes do all sorts of illogical things to get themselves an edge.  You don't eat animal testicles or use magnets, etc. to give yourself an edge if you really understand the science but guys do this (and much more drug related) and there is always someone eager to sell illegal / off-market drugs with a promise and jacked up price tag.  Moving to a system where athletes can take any FDA approved drug in the amount prescribed by their doctor will not stop people from violating the rules.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Have you every wondered why Halle Berry and Jennifer Aniston look like they're 35 years old when they're actually in their 50's? Yeah, it's HGH.  Also, HGH isn't illegal like narcotics are. It's just against league policy.

When the league makes it legal, then have at it within the rules.  If you want to do something that violates league rules, go talk to your union rep.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Thomas said:

One of if not the biggest mistake here is he didn't run it by our staff. That is a huge part of what they are for and as he now knows, there is a reason for the protocol.

Exactly. There's no excuse. The only benefit to this is guys are going to have to step up now or this team will get buried in the standings. 

• Like 1

I'm more disappointed that he got caught. It sucks that he broke the rules and ultimately hurt the team, but I bet over half of the league would pop if the testing was more effective (or maybe more honest in some cases). Still, it's a bad look for him. He was searching for that Siakam money and now he's going in the opposite direction. This could be one of our "GS was lucky Curry had bad ankles" moments. Maybe. 

In the meantime, I'm at least interested in what Parker can do as a starter. Also interested in Bruno getting a bump in minutes. Going to miss the defensive effort Collins has been putting up the most. 

The scariest part is thinking he may not have been alone on our team. If Trae pops I'm outta here. 

Edited by High5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Have you every wondered why Halle Berry and Jennifer Aniston look like they're 35 years old when they're actually in their 50's? Yeah, it's HGH.  Also, HGH isn't illegal like narcotics are. It's just against league policy.

Nooo, they're all natural.  Plus all these instagram "models" are droppin' baby weight, after like a week, just by working out and eatin' right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AHF said:

When the league makes it legal, then have at it within the rules.  If you want to do something that violates league rules, go talk to your union rep.

I'm not excusing him for going against league policy and hurting his team.  He knew what the consequences were and he should be suspended.  My issue is the posters on this board wanting to throw his ass to the curb and trade him after getting caught.  The guy is the second best player on this team and deserves better from the fans than this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

HGH isn't illegal like narcotics

Lies.

When did HGH become illegal?
In 1990, the US Congress passed an omnibus crime bill, the Crime Control Act of 1990, that amended the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, that classified anabolic steroids as controlled substances and added a new section which reads: Prohibited distribution of human growth hormone.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Don't want to waste any precious time on comparing Hollywood ethics with a hopefully legitimate Roundball League (easily the best in the world) that needs now more than ever to be straight up. It's right or wrong, no gray area, so learn from it JC and don't make that mistake again and have a long career with us.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I'm not excusing him for going against league policy and hurting his team.  He knew what the consequences were and he should be suspended.  My issue is the posters on this board wanting to throw his ass to the curb and trade him after getting caught.  The guy is the second best player on this team and deserves better from the fans than this.

I'm definitely not in that category.  Don't want to move him unless we are getting legit value where we would have moved him pre-positive test.  His value is reduced only a little for me.  

12 minutes ago, High5 said:

Still, it's a bad look for him. He was searching for that Siakam money and now he's going in the opposite direction. This could be one of our "GS was lucky Curry had bad ankles" moments. Maybe. 

In the meantime, I'm at least interested in what Parker can do as a starter. Also interested in Bruno getting a bump in minutes. Going to miss the defensive effort Collins has been putting up the most. 

Definitely hoping it works out like this -- including the continued blossoming after he signs the new deal.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The issue with that lineup wasn't VC it was his backup was Omari and Poythress 

Starting 42 year old Vince Carter who has a negative win shares and a PER in the single digits so far is probably not the answer. I get wanting to keep our strong bench unit intact but it won't be much good if our starting unit is garbage. We will be starting three players with negative win shares under that scenario. No thank you. 

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lies.

When did HGH become illegal?
In 1990, the US Congress passed an omnibus crime bill, the Crime Control Act of 1990, that amended the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, that classified anabolic steroids as controlled substances and added a new section which reads: Prohibited distribution of human growth hormone.

Australia locked Sly Stallone down in an airport locker over that stuff. Not like it is BC Powder folks. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

If the Hawks start playing well without him, the trade Collins for ........... crowd will get bigger and bigger. lol