• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

marco102

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That infamous Super Bowl taught me a valuable life lesson. Absolutely DO NOT get too invested in ATL sports.

It's entertainment, just have to calibrate expectations. If you are a Boston fan it's cool to expect Breaking Bad quality entertainment, if you are Atlanta sports fan just sit back, relax and get ready to watch the three stooges cross over with Benny Hill. Still entertaining, just in a different way. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

In all honesty, this sucks, but Dec. 23 isn't that far away. I think this is the part of the season we thought we would lose a lot of games anyways, so the rookies and Jabari will have an opportunity to step up some more. 

Has anybody actually ever won an appeal for something like this?

• Like 1

blame me, for using Homecourt as one of my work passwords, but that doesn't have to be necessarily related to the hawks.. lol

I have used Atlanta sports players and teams for those, getting away from that, the latest is Cleveland.. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think players should be able to take whatever they want. I don't understand why they are not allowed to. Don't give the "what about the kids" BS. These are professional athletes. If a drug can make you a little stronger or help you recover, then so be it.

There are plenty of drugs that he is allowed to take, so why doesn't he just take those?. 

As far as the letting them take everything argument, you can't do that.  There has to be rules in place or athletes will be killing themselves taking anything they can get their hands on despite the risks. You can't just allow these "pros" to take whatever they want because before the pros become pros they are college athletes and high school athletes, and there are thousands if not millions of aspiring kids that compete against these soon to be pros that want to be pros to and will be put at incredible risk if they are allowed to just take whetever the hell they want. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He'll still get it, now we just konw for sure we won't keep him when he does.  Here... :rumple:  this will help. 

need a whole case of 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

There are plenty of drugs that he is allowed to take, so why doesn't he just take those?. 

As far as the letting them take everything argument, you can't do that.  There has to be rules in place or athletes will be killing themselves taking anything they can get their hands on despite the risks. You can't just allow these "pros" to take whatever they want because before the pros become pros they are college athletes and high school athletes, and there are thousands if not millions of aspiring kids that compete against these soon to be pros that want to be pros to and will be put at incredible risk if they are allowed to just take whetever the hell they want. 

Certain players that rarely get hurt, are muscle bound as hell (which would usually make them more prone to certain types of injury UNLESS they were taking a supplement cocktail ala Barry Bonds) will never get nailed by these tests. I agree with someone who said there has to be a sacrificial lamb.  

• Like 1

One of the biggest reasons Uncle Vince signed back here by his words was the availability of playing time. Guess he really has that now and we may indeed have a repeat of last year as in him getting a number of minutes at PF again. We are stretched way thin. Another question is when can Bruno play more minutes, plenty more available all of a sudden up front.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

One of the biggest reasons Uncle Vince signed back here by his words was the availability of playing time. Guess he really has that now and we may indeed have a repeat of last year as in him getting a number of minutes at PF again. We be stretched way thin. Another question is when can Bruno play more minutes, plenty available all of a sudden up front.

We are going to have to play Hunter some PF minutes for sure. Parker will get 30+ mins... our "improved" defense is in peril right now. Also we loose the one guy outside of Trae that was making three poitners at a decent clip. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Certain players that rarely get hurt, are muscle bound as hell (which would usually make them more prone to certain types of injury UNLESS they were taking a supplement cocktail ala Barry Bonds) will never get nailed by these tests. I agree with someone who said there has to be a sacrificial lamb.  

Certainly. I'm not defending the entire system, but to say you should just do away with all doping rules is not a realistic solution. We all know Bronny is the number one juicer in the history of the sport, but he won't ever be "cought". The League would never allow it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. You put in place a regulated system allowing players to use PEDs. But as long as it's transparent, athletes should be able to take PEDs. It will be under a doctor's supervision of course. They are not dangerous drugs. They are FDA approved drugs with a long record of safety. All PEDs do is increase HGH or testosterone in one way or another, something millions of men do right now. It's just drug stigma, and nothing more. If it were a surgery no one would question it.

• Like 1