• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WTF! John Collins Suspended 25 Games!?!

marco102

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. You put in place a regulated system allowing players to use PEDs. But as long as it's transparent, athletes should be able to take PEDs. It will be under a doctor's supervision of course. They are not dangerous drugs. They are FDA approved drugs with a long record of safety. All PEDs do is increase HGH or testosterone in one way or another, something millions of men do right now. It's just drug stigma, and nothing more. If it were a surgery no one would question it.

The above system won't change anything. Athletes will still be experimenting with drugs not approved by the FDA because what they want is an edge. If everyone is doing the sanctioned drugs there will be high demand for newer untested drugs. It's no different than what is currently happening in the league today. Plenty of drugs including cortizone and all sorts of supplements are already allowed and sanctioned. 

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not with you on this one Supes.  Like Kg01 said, this will cause his reup to go down.  

On a side note, I'm glad Travis and the team said they'd stick with him.  He has to be going through something mentally right now. You know all of social media is probably clowning him and kids today take that hard. 

I'm one to never hold a grudge, for the first mistake.

Hopefully, he learns from this and talks with the team about anything else he's putting in his body.  I'm just disappointed in John.  I always saw him as a leader of the team.  Now that torch is clearly passed to Trae.

Hope your right on this one. He hurt my trust but I believe in 2nd chances 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

This doesn't make me write John off for the long-term but it is very disappointing.  You took something and weren't smart enough to cover your tracks like LeBron, etc.  Two different mistakes that make for a bad look.  

That's some high-level snark'n, AH.  Slid that in nicely.  Kudos.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The above system won't change anything. Athletes will still be experimenting with drugs not approved by the FDA because what they want is an edge. If everyone is doing the sanctioned drugs there will be high demand for newer untested drugs. It's no different than what is currently happening in the league today. Plenty of drugs including cortizone and all sorts of supplements are already allowed and sanctioned. 

The designer drugs thing is largely a myth. Creating novel drugs is extremely difficult, meta testing on them also very arduous and difficult. The supplement John was taking was likely another bogus product claiming to have a "proprietary" formula, when really they are using trace amounts of existing pharmaceutical drugs, is this case an HGH analogue.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trade John and Brooklyn's first for Myles Turner

Draft a PF of the future 

Sign Parker for a 4 year deal.

I'm disappointed in John, but let's not knee jerk by doing crazy stuff ESPECIALLY offering Parker a 4 year deal after just 5 games......that'll become a mistake as soon as the ink is dry.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not with you on this one Supes.  Like Kg01 said, this will cause his reup to go down.  

On a side note, I'm glad Travis and the team said they'd stick with him.  He has to be going through something mentally right now. You know all of social media is probably clowning him and kids today take that hard. 

I'm one to never hold a grudge, for the first mistake.

Hopefully, he learns from this and talks with the team about anything else he's putting in his body.  I'm just disappointed in John.  I always saw him as a leader of the team.  Now that torch is clearly passed to Trae.

I have nothing against Collins' personally and I'm still rooting for him. But it's his lack of IQ on display here that really makes you question whether investing a huge amount of cap on him long term is the right move. Still, as you said, he is incredibly young, so it's harsh to write him off outright. There is still a season left to play so let's see how the team handles this stretch and then how Collins rebounds from this mess when he returns. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Clown ass sucker. That's all I can say. Really John? Really? Parker gonna get paid now. He gets to start and put up numbers. 

Trae gonna have to put up 40 a game. His assist numbers might plummet.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm disappointed in John, but let's not knee jerk by doing crazy stuff ESPECIALLY offering Parker a 4 year deal after just 5 games......that'll become a mistake as soon as the ink is dry.

Injuries are still a concern with Parker, he needs to prove his ligaments can stay intact for a significant amount of time. If he can do that, I think he can really blossom into something close to what people thought he would become when he was viewed as a potential #1 overall pick. That's a pretty huge if though, I'll grant you that. 

Just now, terrell said:

Trae gonna have to put up 40 a game. His assist numbers might plummet.

Nah, Parker is going to be the beneficiary of the Collins injury. He is going to get starter minutes and I think he may end up being just as efficient as Collins on the pick and roll with Trae. Assuming he can stay healthy that is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Injuries are still a concern with Parker, he needs to prove his ligaments can stay intact for a significant amount of time. If he can do that, I think he can really blossom into something close to what people thought he would become when he was viewed as a potential #1 overall pick. That's a pretty huge if though, I'll grant you that. 

Nah, Parker is going to be the beneficiary of the Collins injury. He is going to get starter minutes and I think he may end up being just as efficient as Collins on the pick and roll with Trae. Assuming he can stay healthy that is. 

He playing well right now. Just attacking the paint and shooting 3s

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

John's currently the butt of all jokes. "He was determined to get over the plane this year" 

He'll never get past this. When he has a monster game especially..

• Like 1