• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

30 minutes ago, JTB said:

We can’t rebound for shit! 

53 to 35! 

18 offensive rebounds for the nets!

Smh...Collins or not we would still get handled on the glass easily. This is insane ! Hard to watch .

we need some better vet wings no doubt but I think the rebounding issue is worse. Even when we have a good defensive possession it’s erased by allowing offensive boards.

We’d win some of these games if we could rebound defensively and maybe give ice trae some second chance opportunities....but nooooo rebounding centers like Drummond we choose to stay allergic to. 

great game by reddish offensively by the way. I never lost faith in him finding his offensive groove and you can see the talent he’ll become one of these days ...just got to stay at it .

Might want to look at Alex Len's statline. LP is using him improperly (i.e., not using him nearly enough)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I felt all kinds of ways in this game! I've been wanting to see Cam and Trae go off in the same game all season.  We got it and the defense went out the window. Hopefully, the offensive performance,  is a glimpse of the future.  🙂

Cam Reddish - Thank you for showing those flashes we like to see in a rookie seasons.  My goodness it was beautiful. 

Trae Young - I hate to say this, but these performances are becoming standard.  I look up, ho hum 39 pts 10 assists excellent efficiency. I'm not getting compalcent about how great you are on the offensive end.  The defense this game was lacking a bit, but considering he had to carry the team, I won't cirtize too much.

Damian Jones- Good offensive game. I have to remind myself that you have less actual NBA experience than Trae.  He flashed today, but his defense and rebounding leaves EVERYTHING to be desired.  It'll come with time, maybe? 

Alex Len - Thanks for showing up!  Good game from him.

All other Vets - GET YOURSELVES TOGETHER!

Trae's efficiency is moving into the frightening arena right now...from his floater to 3s and deep-3s it is a joy to watch! While I hear so much about someone else's amazing step-back 3 in rave reviews, rarely do I hear how efficiently Trae is shooting this year.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis better make sure we get real wings this offseason outside of the rookies

Real wings? Like Tauren Prince? Do you think the Nets would take Allen Crabbe and their 1st rounder for TP? He's looking like a "real wing".

Why did we trade him again? Because we didn't want to spend a little bit of money to have a legit relatively solid wing this season? I guess we are full on tank mode this season. We could've made the playoffs this season and made some noise. Instead we are tanking again for....reasons?

Yawn. 

1 minute ago, enrique said:

Trae's efficiency is moving into the frightening arena right now...from his floater to 3s and deep-3s it is a joy to watch! While I hear so much about someone else's amazing step-back 3 in rave reviews, rarely do I hear how efficiently Trae is shooting this year.

Trae went on tear with his step back three for few games in a row recently.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LK6969 said:

Real wings? Like Tauren Prince? Do you think the Nets would take Allen Crabbe and their 1st rounder for TP? He's looking like a "real wing".

Why did we trade him again? Because we didn't want to spend a little bit of money to have a legit relatively solid wing this season? I guess we are full on tank mode this season. We could've made the playoffs this season and made some noise. Instead we are tanking again for....reasons?

Yawn. 

We didn't have to pay Prince either. We could have got another season on his rookie deal. I guess they wanted that draft pick.

I should also add, that I wasn't able to go to the GA game to watch Ant Man live. I did catch some of his game before the Hawks game.  Let me tell you folks, that Kid is special. He won't get the Zion hype, but the Hawks need to do everything in their power to get him on this team.  He's only been playing basketball seriously for five years and he has the potential to be DOMINANT on both ends of the floor.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

And I'll say this...I am sick of how little credit Trae gets for what he is doing and how the media tries to dismiss it.  Putting up the numbers he's putting up while facing double teams consistently every night because the rest of the roster is sooo baaaadddd is astonishing.  I don't want to hear about the record...Trae Young deserves to be in the All Star game if he continues this level of play.

He is worthy of being an all star absolutely. Unfortunately our record will hurt his bid.

16 minutes ago, enrique said:

And that other guy is throwing up bricks tonight, but his supporting cast is saving him..lol. Must be nice..

18 minutes ago, LK6969 said:

Yawn. 

Um no thanks..

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having John Collins back will be a start.

But seriously, don't you think that's the plan for next season? Or even at the trade deadline depending on our record. (I'm so mad at JC).

I've always had the mindset that this season was about the continued progression of Trae, John and Kevin while incorporating our rookies supplemented by 'the rest'. 

Trae is exceeding, JC is absent, Huerter is Huert, Rookies are rookies.

Lol, if it wasn't already the plan for next season, it has got to be the plan now.  No more rosters with wings who can't shoot or defend, no backup point guard and bigs who can't defend or rebound.  And the Collins situation definitely hurt big time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He is worthy of being an all star absolutely. Unfortunately our record will hurt his bid.

I know the record will be brought up and I agree that it's a negative, but his numbers are so absurd that he should be a no brainer.  What he's doing is not ordinary.

• Like 1