• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, bleachkit said:

Hawks have second worst defensive rating in the NBA, even drafting two athletic wings. CLP, come on man.

This criticism is not unwarranted.  We should be better just based on effort alone.

Brendon Haywood said something about us that I thought was salient.  Basically said, defensively, just find what you do well and ... just do that.  Even if you can't do it all well .. just find what you do well, do that and build from there.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

We wouldn't boo you, Brother T. Matta-fact, we've never been bigger fans of you!

~lw3

yeah it's weird he even mentioned that. I love Taurean. Probably the only former Hawk that i'd still root for besides Jeff Teague. He should never be booed. He didn't ask to leave

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He does that already.  What has shown you that he doesn't do that?

The big difference in his game from last year at this time, to this year, is that he was almost solely relying on deep 3 balls just so he could get shots up.  That, in my mind, is hero ball.  This year, he's setting up his offense by making the floater, something that he does as well as anyone in the league.

He's averaging a little over 20 shots a game and is attempting 7 FTs per game.  He's top 5 in the league in drive points and shoots 55% FG on those shots ( which are layups and floaters ).  He's #2 in the league in pull up jumper points ( 11.6 ), with only James Harden having more points ( 13.0 ).

Trae creates 20.3 points off of his assists, 6th in the league.  And we all know that could be a lot higher, if people just made a few more shots.  Trae is also 3rd in the league in Adjusted Assists ( 10.6 ), which includes assists leading to FTs and secondary assists ( the hockey assist, as we like to call it ). 

NBA.com also tracks "assist potential", which are basically the assists Trae could have vs the assists that Trae actually gets.

• Assist potential:  15.7 apg
  • Actual assists:  8.4 apg 
  • Assists converted %:  53.5%

That last stat I calculated, simply off of dividing the actual assists from the potential assists.  And all of that would be HIGHER, if guys could make basic wide open shots.

Good shit NorthCyde!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Evan Turner - I'm done.  Give his minutes to Wallace please.

I can’t watch him do his thing anymore. I just can’t. He loves spinning around himself with the ball and not going anywhere. It’s time for a new trick or two. 

I think Cam actually came out of his shell 🐚 last night so Turner would stop 🛑 “mentoring” him. 😂 

What happens if Turner puts a little arc on the 20 footer? As soon as he shoots it you almost know it’s a miss. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I can’t watch him do his thing anymore. I just can’t. He loves spinning around himself with the ball and not going anywhere. It’s time for a new trick or two. 

I think Cam actually came out of his shell 🐚 last night so Turner would stop 🛑 “mentoring” him. 😂 

What happens if Turner puts a little arc on the 20 footer? As soon as he shoots it you almost know it’s a miss. 

His jump shot looks awful. He jumps and leans way forward while shooting it and just launches the ball at the rim. No form, no arc, just throws it at the rim. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I went to the game last night and got on here to basically post this.  Y'all beat me to it.  But here's the thing:

If you're going to play 35 minutes and score 2 points then you better be friggin locking down Spencer Dinwiddie.  

Trae played all but 9 minutes and was a +1.  That tells you what happened when he was on the bench.

Evan Turner - I'm done.  Give his minutes to Wallace please.  

Wallace isn't better 😨

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

No, he can't shoot at all and defenders sag worse than they do against Turner on him. On a play last night Wallace had the ball at around the top of the key and defenders were going under the screen on him lol. I mean, not saying Turner is better, but it's the same thing basically. 

Ya he had a couple wiiiide open 3’s which he was afraid to let fly. 

Wallace, Turner, Bembry might be 3 of the NBA’s worst shooter on one team. I challenge you to find a team with 3 worse long distance shooters.

• Like 3