• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae defense is ass and there are too many times he gets tunnel vision on a mission to score 50. Trae might be statistically an all star but his PG skills were better at the end of last year than this year. He is playing too much hero ball for my liking. That said, he is a beast and his amazingness is just normal and expected at this point 

He had Huerter and Collins..lol. His teamates have been  consistently BAD on offense so far this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Schlenk?

Collins at #19

Trae at #5

Huerter at #19

Hunter at #4

Cam at #10

JOnes > Spellman

Thats some nice young talent.....

Can we at least wait until the young players develop, and we spend some $ in FA??????

He lost the Dallas trade. We’ve been there and done that.

Huerter? Ok role player. The hype surrounding him has yet to ge justified.

Hunter is a decent player, but he doesn’t have the explosiveness to be much better than a 3rd option “glue” kind of player. He has done decent sometimes.

His FA moves are brutal. 

Jones looks ok, but I think part of that is due to the small expectations right now. His flaws would be more apprent if the Hawks were in competitive games.

Turner/Chandler/Carter/Crabbe are so bad. He does FA like Babcock used to draft.

Edited by Plainview1981

Tough loss at home after a win I thought we’d string a couple together. So this was the Cam break out party huh? That’s who we’ve all been waiting to see.  

Cam seriously came to play. A few of those moves he made me actually yell out WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOAAAAAAA!!! And I had to rewind a few of them. The centers showed up as well. Damian and Len looked pretty decent. Bembry and Turner need to regroup and try to contribute more. Bembry 1-9 is unacceptable.

Slowly the pieces are coming together and the big picture looks very promising. Trae has been there all year and again tonight with 39/10 but Hunter came along and now Cam. Huerter will slowly get it going. Hopefully we still have some time to make a playoff run.

Go Hawks! 

• Like 3

I thought Cam’s most impressive move actually came on a shot that was blocked by Jarrett Allen outta bounce.

It was about the 4 minute mark of the 4th. Cam took a handoff from Jabari and put a move on Prince and shook him something 🤒

Some of his moves were very Jordanesque. Very niiiice!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jody23 said:

And I'll say this...I am sick of how little credit Trae gets for what he is doing and how the media tries to dismiss it.  Putting up the numbers he's putting up while facing double teams consistently every night because the rest of the roster is sooo baaaadddd is astonishing.  I don't want to hear about the record...Trae Young deserves to be in the All Star game if he continues this level of play.

He's currently having one of the best seasons in NBA history.  When you run the numbers ...

28 ppg - 8 apg - 4 rpg - 38% 3FG

... literally no one in the HISTORY of the NBA has done that. NO ONE.

If you take the 3 point percentage out of the equation, there's only 6 players in NBA history to put up those numbers

- Oscar Robertson ( 8 times )

- James Harden ( 2 )

- Russell Westbrook ( 2 )

- Michael Jordan ( 1 )

- Luke Doncic ( so far this season )

- Trae Young ( so far this season )

And Trae is by far the smallest dude on this list.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Quite a few I'm sure. Jones wiffs on at least 2 lobs a game, and Len fumbles at least 2 passes a game. 

Dont forget about all of the missed jumpers...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ hero ball. You watch the games just like we do. This team can't even run the offense when he's out of the game. 

And when he's in the game, most of them can't even make shots when he finds them on the perimeter.  

So what is Trae supposed to do? Just let the team die? He's doing what every superstar in the NBA has always done, carry the team offensively when they're struggling.

Now if he were jacking up a bunch of long 3s, and shooting every other possession, that's hero ball to me, because he's just shooting just to be shooting.

I am not disagreeing with that. I just want to see Trae be better at choosing when to shoot, run the offense and pick his spots when to score. I simply want more balance from his game 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, kg01 said:

F*ck that bullsh*t.  Mother f*ck that bullsh*t.

How many times they've had the PeliCant's, _arriors, Knicks, Bullets, Blllazers, and other crap arse teams on?  And, all of a sudden, they discover the flex option when it's time for us to be on?

R u kidding me?!

Congrats to MIA for having a nice season and all but y'all ain't no contenders or nothin'.  Have fun once your rookies hit the wall and Jimi starts gettin on everybody's nerves (again).  Why don't y'all figure out who gave Waiters them weed gummies?

Just wait til we get back to fill strength.  The hawks finna show y'all chumps.

In the immortal words of Andre 3000, "The South got sumthin' ta say!"

This sounds like a guy who hasn't gotten enough sleep. :hehe:. Ramble on @kg01, ramble on.

How's the munchkin.

• Haha 3