• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae Iverson came back tonight, going 9-28. Missed a lot of shots he usually makes tonight. Kevin and Cam had solid games.

MIssed a ton of floaters too...OH well...Still shooting pretty good %'s this year.

Cam best defensive game of the season. While he was on Mitchell, he only allowed 7 points and guarded him the majority of the game. Really defended extremely well. 

Offensively he had an excellent 1st half. 2nd half, he just didn't get the touches. 

Bruno got great experience and brought hustle. Really needs to add polish and more awareness but glad to see him for both the good and the bad. 

Trae had a rough day on both ends. Was abused on defense and couldn't buy a basket within the perimeter. Gobert had a lot to do with that as well. 

Hunter really struggles with Utah disciplined defense and defensively he struggled defending off the ball as well. Some wasn't his fault, he was on an island too much but he had moments he looked genuinely lost. Like most of our players, we tend to die on screens.

I really felt Len played well. Just wish he had more stamina. He really is a 20 mpg player tops. It's hard for him to maintain his energy. 

Parker was two way. Great on offense, great for Utah on defense. Two way in terms of what he gets, he gives right back up. 

Kevin really struggled defensively but at the same time, really helped us with his secondary ball handling skills. Kevin has a ton of value but he really needs to start knocking down open spot ups. 

Bembry had some wild Bembry moments but defensively, he was really sound. By far our best defender outside of Cam tonight. 

Most of the vets were so so. Not too bad but not good. 

Parsons really enjoys the games from the sidelines. 

VC is really a tremendous leader. The young guys including Bembry gravitated to him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Probably should have played Bruno till he did indeed foul out. Yeah he is awkward a bit but is active and a pretty strong cat that is not afraid of the glass.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, hawkman said:

Side note: Did anybody else catch that little tidbit from Nique about Collins looking like he "slimmed down" some? That piqued my interest. 😂

That's going the wrong way. Needs to pack some strength on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well we competed and lost as a team tonight. Shoutout to Bruno for bringing the energy, Parker for the scoring punch and Cam for more D growth. Kev will a few threes.

Trae was better with the protection of the ball and only 2 turns but needs to shoot better than 32% from the field.

Crabbe, Bembry and Turner need to get back into the lab 🔬. Crabbe has that one three but not much else.

Progress not perfection! Let’s be better on Saturday.

Go Hawks!

• Like 4

Hate bringing this up, but I really feel like starting a thread on GM with the title of "Is Luka Doncic a stat padder?" Mavs have been winning games without Luka and last year the same trend happened. Again, I apologize for bringing his name up but it pisses me off when the fan base is brain washed by the media.

Anyways, Happy Holidays! Hope you all have a Happy New years! 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Hate bringing this up, but I really feel like starting a thread on GM with the title of "Is Luka Doncic a stat padder?" Mavs have been winning games without Luka and last year the same trend happened. Again, I apologize for bringing his name up but it pisses me off when the fan base is brain washed by the media.

Image result for throwing tomatoes gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

He has a great supporting cast.....Ill be glad when we can say the same for Trae. smh