• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

Just now, Bonkers said:

This team is possibly the worst NBA team of all time

They just suck ass for the modern NBA. I get that they aren't built to be even below average on defense but you only got one quality big, no shooters, no vets and no backup PGs although Godwin is showing signs is a massive problem

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Look how great defensively this team is without Trae!

The defense was better than usual but the offense was so bad it was like Chicago got offense from it. It wasn't just the turnovers. It was the shot selection, missed open looks, etc.

• Thanks 1

It’s hard to keep watching your favorite team get beat by 30 pts or so constantly!

Clearly there’s too much wrong with this team but a few things they can correct right away is starting center (perhaps he won’t be a perfect fit but our current center position is so ass a starting talented center who don’t fit would still be better than what’s out there)...we need a backup PG (a real one)...we need shooters...and honestly no one is really saying it but we need a true secondary ball handler! I know cam and huerter are giving it their all but cam is a few years away and honestly I just don’t believe secondary ball handling duties is huerters true nba calling. 

cam in my opinion has more of a chance to be really good secondary ball handler if not primary one day in his career but huerter??? Nah ...he can dribble better than the korvers out there that’s for sure but I believe huerter can excel at off ball movement and taking guys off the dribble unexpectedly at times if he really had that as a main duty but unfortunately we have to ask him to do way way more offensively rather than going with his strengths in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

So can we criticize the GM now? You  know, trading a generational superstar talent in Doncic? Not putting any quality veterans on this team except for Parker on offense?  Not having a backup point guard? 

I get we were taking bad deals with one year left to get draft picks or move up in previous draft. This draft capital translated to Hunter and Reddish who are, frankly, not looking like the best picks. Hunter has had some good games after a slow start. Reddish is a walking disaster on offense. 

What about our coach? Remember when the Hawks had Terry Stotts and we fired him? Said he was a bad coach for today's NBA back then? How has he panned out for Portland? Is this what LP is? Or is he just a reeeeeeaaaalllyyy bad coach?

I don't know. I know when you keep getting blown out like this you have to put some of the blame on the coaching staff. To do otherwise would be criminal in regards to responsibility. LP can give all the speeches he wants but this team flat out gives zero effort four of five games. When you get blown out by the KNICKS and BULLS what else is there to say?

Welcome to Atlanta our future lottery pick! Let's hope if you are a generational talent we don't trade you out of town again!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The NBA game just way too fast for Bruno. He looking like one of those 62 overall players in 2k where they be just everywhere, where they aren't suppose to be but be playing hard as shit 

That's why you play young players, so they can get up to the speed of the game.  

With this season being pretty much over, from an accumulating wins standpoint, Bruno should be playing a minimum of 15 - 20 minutes a night.  The more he plays, the more he'll learn.  Cam and Hunter should get 30 minutes a night.

Also, throw the ball to Bruno in the post at least 2 times a game.  Just a regular post up, so that he isn't just running around setting screens all day.  He can also pass out of the post as well.  I'd rather see this, than for a guard to force a pass to him off the pick and roll.

There are ways to develop guys and tailor your coaching to enhance their strengths.  Making Hunter play the 4 on the NBA level does him no favors.  He's just not physical enough to bigger, much more athletic people.  He could get away with that in college.  

Not having Cam be more of a Pick and Roll facilitator limits his development as well.  He's not a good spot up shooter.  He's much better with the ball in his hands, where he can be in position to attack the paint.  Give him more opportunities to do that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s hard to keep watching your favorite team get beat by 30 pts or so constantly!

Clearly there’s too much wrong with this team but a few things they can correct right away is starting center (perhaps he won’t be a perfect fit but our current center position is so ass a starting talented center who don’t fit would still be better than what’s out there)...we need a backup PG (a real one)...we need shooters...and honestly no one is really saying it but we need a true secondary ball handler! I know cam and huerter are giving it their all but cam is a few years away and honestly I just don’t believe secondary ball handling duties is huerters true nba calling. 

cam in my opinion has more of a chance to be really good secondary ball handler if not primary one day in his career but huerter??? Nah ...he can dribble better than the korvers out there that’s for sure but I believe huerter can excel at off ball movement and taking guys off the dribble unexpectedly at times if he really had that as a main duty but unfortunately we have to ask him to do way way more offensively rather than going with his strengths in my opinion 

That's why I say that this offense needs to be simplified.  Collins looked great tonight, getting the ball in a variety of spots on the floor.  

Forget all of that pick and roll action for every possession.  Collins definitely need as many touches within 15 feet as possible.  He was flat out doing work.

If John and Trae are taking 60% of the shots, I'm perfectly fine with that.  We can't keep complaining that the ball doesn't move, or people like Parker doesn't pass enough, when the rest of the team simply can't shoot consistently.  So from here on out, I'm all for just getting the ball to the hot man when he has it going.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JTB said:

Kevin is a PDS guy but he is struggling at the things he is best at. Kevin off the ball has no prongs. His struggle off the ball is expected to be honest. I just hope he can develop into a better Marco Bellineli in time. But my hope for him to be Mike Miller lite might be out of reach. 

Cam is starting to do everything well or good outside of shoot, finish, strength, and he needs to work on his hands. Other than that, he is showing a lot of talent and that's one of the positives compared to what we saw earlier. 

I hope this isn't a rookie wall for Hunter because he is looking like shit on both ends of late. Maybe too many minutes he has played this season. We play his ass like he's LeBron.