• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, warcore said:

@parfait - Supes said no we can't do both. The megatrade is contingent on us having cap space to absorb larger contract involved in the mega trade. If we sign Hayward, we don't have that ability. One or the other....

What Campster was saying is that that would be the results of the mega trade - we would end up 2 more vet contracts and 2 less rookie contracts (suggesting JC would be involved since he's on a rookie contract). 

Nah, man, that was a direct quote from @NBASupes saying that we can't do the Megatrade if Hayward OPTS IN, but that we CAN do it if he OPTS OUT and we sign him to a new deal with a lower AAV.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Not a smokescreen. They 100% still don't know what they're doing at 1.

If you are counting pure physical talent, there is no better prospect than Wiseman. All of his questions are motor and heart. Some of those were answered in interviews.

If I was the Hawks right now and I could pick anyone on the board....It's Wiseman 1...period. He won't be there at 1 and there is no point in debating it but any team that passes on Wiseman will more than likely have to answer for it for years.

I've said since last year that I would love to have Wiseman. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, parfait said:

Nah, man, that was a direct quote from @NBASupes saying that we can't do the Megatrade if Hayward OPTS IN, but that we CAN do it if he OPTS OUT and we sign him to a new deal with a lower AAV.

I don't remember it like this. The mega trade will prohibit the Gordon trade since we'd be taking on too much salary to even sign him as a FA based on his contract demands.

• Thanks 1

ON 11/7/2020 AT 5:25 PM, JAYBIRDHAWK SAID:

Can we still make the Hayward trade if we do the Mega deal? If he opt out?

No. It will not be salary wise possible. 

If he opts out, yes. I am pretty sure there is a number his agent and the Hawks are targeting. I just wouldn't know what that is nor could I get it. We probably won't know that information till signings start. 

THIS WAS @NBASupes TO DOING THE MEGATRADE WITH A HAYWARD OPT OUT VS OPT IN. I TOOK THIS AS MEANING WE COULD DO THE MEGATRADE IF HAYWARD OPTS OUT AND WE SIGN HIM. @NBASupes AMIRITE?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@parfait is right, we cannot do the megatrade unless Hayward opts out if we plan on adding Hayward. 

I been under the weather so bare with me when it comes to the information of updates. I do have updates but it takes time for me to put them to paper. 

Take care of you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stay tuned!

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/warriors-interested-in-lamarcus-aldridge/

2 hours ago  via ESPN

Zach Lowe: Someone within the League today texted me and said ‘hey, there is a little bit of buzz about No. 2 to San Antonio for LaMarcus Aldridge and No. 11, and obviously there has to be salary going out.’ And my response was ‘That’s crazy! The Warriors should not do that.’

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

@parfait is right, we cannot do the megatrade unless Hayward opts out if we plan on adding Hayward. 

I been under the weather so bare with me when it comes to the information of updates. I do have updates but it takes time for me to put them to paper. 

Hope you feel better soon, Supes.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Stay tuned!

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/warriors-interested-in-lamarcus-aldridge/

2 hours ago  via ESPN

Zach Lowe: Someone within the League today texted me and said ‘hey, there is a little bit of buzz about No. 2 to San Antonio for LaMarcus Aldridge and No. 11, and obviously there has to be salary going out.’ And my response was ‘That’s crazy! The Warriors should not do that.’

lol. There was interest in the pick from SA a month ago. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Oh No. Take care of yourself 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

lol. There was interest in the pick from SA a month ago. 

Well when you look at my post, I make a point to highlight a portion. That SA wants to move on from Aldridge is not news. That they want to trade up is not news.  But when a national writer takes the time to insert things like "salary will be going out", that is a tell they are gauging public opinion, preparing the public that a player is leaving that team.  Only 4 salaries are enough on that team to acquire Aldridge. 

• Like 1