• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Agreed...I could live with Torrey Craig and Etwuan moore. It beats the hell out of Bembry and Graham...lol

Believe it or not, Atlanta may still bring BOTH of them back. Believe it or not, they got some backers for the 12th and 13th man roles within the org that wants to keep them. Neither have much of a market so returning is of interest to both even if it seemed unlikely at the end of our season. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Believe it or not, Atlanta may still bring BOTH of them back. Believe it or not, they got some backers for the 12th and 13th man roles within the org that wants to keep them. Neither have much of a market so returning is of interest to both even if it seemed unlikely at the end of our season. 

Smh...Id keep Graham over Bembry tbh..lol

Edited by terrell

On 8/11/2020 at 10:31 PM, capstone21 said:

So the point of all cap space is to resign draft picks over time?  I thought we were trying to bring people in to help Trae?

Hawks arent making the Playoffs if they dont sign some shooters...Period...I just watched Trey fkn Burke dish out 9 assists for Dallas with ease. Trae would avg 15 a game if he had some shooters..smdh

• Like 2

Just now, terrell said:

Smh...

Right now the only locks I've gotten is the Core 6 and the 14th and 15th man (Skal and Bruno). I already mentioned that Bruno could be moved for the right deal as a filler. Nothing I got on Dedmon, our 2020 1st, or our 2020 2nd rounder says that those are locks at this time. 

What I know is what just about everyone here knows. Atlanta wants to improve their depth from 7th-11th badly. They want quality rotation vets. They want who we draft to earn it is what I've heard and they aren't going to be considered core like John was, they will have to earn it. I like that. I hate giving minutes because we have to. They can go to the G-League as well. 

When it comes to Goodwin, his teammates love him and he got some people in the org who does but there is a feeling that resigning Jeff Teague is something they want to do more. There was a legit comfort of having a vet PG in the locker room and some felt he helped Trae. His market is dead right now but there is a chance Atlanta could bring him back as a 11th or 12th man/ 3rd PG. We will see, I think it will come down to resigning Jeff or keeping Goodwin for the final cut honestly. 

Trae

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Collins

Cap

Cam or Kevin

Key Vet

Key Vet

Key Vet or Dedmon

Rookie 1st rounder PG

Rookie 1st rounder

Teague or Goodwin

Graham or Bembry

Skal

Bruno

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks arent making the Playoffs if they dont sign some shooters...Period...I just watched Trae fkn Burke dish out 9 assists for Dallas with ease. Trae would avg 15 a game if he had some shooters..smdh

The Hawks know this. It's not easy to get shooters. They aren't heavy in this FA class. Look at the names I mentioned that Atlanta likes, all of them can shoot open threes. 

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

Smh...Id keep Graham over Bembry tbh..lol

It's odd. The FO likes Graham and what he brought to the table and maybe he can really fill in that 12th to 13th man role that comes handy when called upon with no baggage. 

Then you got Bembry with a little baggage but LP loves him as well as the coaching staff. 

Neither got any early suitors and may eventually get some but my guess is these dudes might not be in the NBA in 2020-21.

Great info supes!

I really love the idea of drafting ball just to trade him or winning  the number one pick and trading it away for a ton of assets. Both works for me honestly and the trade should be a good one! I can think of a good number of teams that need LaMelos playmaking services.

Also i do think your note  about warriors locked in on Edwards thinking he could be the next james harden is very interesting! It’s interesting cause that’s where Schlenk came from and I’m sure he has some mentors and good friends still in GS in the scouting department and staff ...If they see that kind of potential in Edwards I wonder if that puts pressure on Schlenk if we got the number 1 pick this off season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It's odd. The FO likes Graham and what he brought to the table and maybe he can really fill in that 12th to 13th man role that comes handy when called upon with no baggage. 

Then you got Bembry with a little baggage but LP loves him as well as the coaching staff. 

Neither got any early suitors and may eventually get some but my guess is these dudes might not be in the NBA in 2020-21.

I like Graham better because he sticks to what he does best..Bembry thinks hes MJ at times..lol

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Right now the only locks I've gotten is the Core 6 and the 14th and 15th man (Skal and Bruno). I already mentioned that Bruno could be moved for the right deal as a filler. Nothing I got on Dedmon, our 2020 1st, or our 2020 2nd rounder says that those are locks at this time. 

What I know is what just about everyone here knows. Atlanta wants to improve their depth from 7th-11th badly. They want quality rotation vets. They want who we draft to earn it is what I've heard and they aren't going to be considered core like John was, they will have to earn it. I like that. I hate giving minutes because we have to. They can go to the G-League as well. 

When it comes to Goodwin, his teammates love him and he got some people in the org who does but there is a feeling that resigning Jeff Teague is something they want to do more. There was a legit comfort of having a vet PG in the locker room and some felt he helped Trae. His market is dead right now but there is a chance Atlanta could bring him back as a 11th or 12th man/ 3rd PG. We will see, I think it will come down to resigning Jeff or keeping Goodwin for the final cut honestly. 

Trae

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Collins

Cap

Cam or Kevin

Key Vet

Key Vet

Key Vet or Dedmon

Rookie 1st rounder PG

Rookie 1st rounder

Teague or Goodwin

Graham or Bembry

Skal

Bruno

The Hawks know this. It's not easy to get shooters. They aren't heavy in this FA class. Look at the names I mentioned that Atlanta likes, all of them can shoot open threes. 

Justin Holiday, Austin Rivers, Bryn Forbes,Ja Mychal Green,KCP, Meyers Leonard are a few other cheaper options that can shoot it pretty good..

25 minutes ago, terrell said:

Justin Holiday, Austin Rivers, Bryn Forbes,Ja Mychal Green,KCP, Meyers Leonard are a few other cheaper options that can shoot it pretty good..

I haven't heard Holiday's name attached to ours but he should be a target considering his improvement in Indy. 

Forbes isn't worth signing it to me. He is not a good player. I also haven't heard his name attached to us in any type of way. 

Green is not available. 

KCP is resigning with LAL as is Bradley from what I got. 

Leonard hasn't been mentioned and I am not sure if he ever will be. He's not good at all to be honest. 

Rivers seems to be a lock to resign with HOU is the last I heard before Corona hit. He fits certain systems only in my eyes as well. 

Edited by NBASupes

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard Holiday's name attached to ours but he should be a target considering his improvement in Indy. 

Forbes isn't worth signing it to me. He is not a good player. I also haven't heard his name attached to us in any type of way. 

Green is not available. 

KCP is resigning with LAL as is Bradley from what I got. 

Leonard hasn't been mentioned and I am not sure if he ever will be. He's not good at all to be honest. 

Yeah i feel ya. Burks, Galloway, Glenn Robinson, etc.. will work too..Gallaway was actually pretty good at one time. Idk what happened. I havent heard his name in a while...Same as that other guy from the Knicks..Alonzo Trier. THey thought he was the next big thing...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah i feel ya. Burks, Galloway, Glenn Robinson, etc.. will work too..Gallaway was actually pretty good at one time. Idk what happened. I havent heard his name in a while...Same as that other guy from the Knicks..Alonzo Trier. THey thought he was the next big thing...lol

He is still good, just playing in DET.

Minor updates: 

Readily available players: 

Suns: 

Saric - Possible Option in my eyes

Oubre - Possible Option in my eyes

Nets: 

Chandler

Prince

Hornets: 

Batum 

Zeller

Bulls: 

Felicio

Thad Young - Possible Option in my eyes

Mavs: 

Delon Wright - Possible Option in my eyes

Dwight Powell

Nuggets: 

Grant

Mason Plumlee

Vonleh

Pistons: 

Damn near everyone but the kids and Rose. 

Pacers: 

Justin Holiday - Possible Option in my eyes

Clippers: 

Marcus Morris

Grizzlies

Dieng

Wolves: 

James Johnson

Pels

E'Twaun Moore - Possible Option in my eyes

Darius Miller

Okafor

Knicks: 

Portis is all I got for now. Still waiting on more info. 

Magic: 

Aminu - Possible Option in my eyes

Sixers: 

Horford - Possible Option in my eyes

Mike Scott

That's all I got. These are guys on the roster that the team is trying to move via cap/LT reasons, FAs they do not plan to bring back at any cost, or guys who worn out their welcome (Portis). 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Minor updates: 

Readily available players: 

Suns: 

Saric - Possible Option in my eyes

Oubre - Possible Option in my eyes

Nets: 

Chandler

Prince

Hornets: 

Batum 

Zeller

Bulls: 

Felicio

Thad Young - Possible Option in my eyes

Mavs: 

Delon Wright - Possible Option in my eyes

Dwight Powell

Nuggets: 

Grant

Mason Plumlee

Vonleh

Pistons: 

Pacers: 

Justin Holiday - Possible Option in my eyes

Clippers: 

Marcus Morris

Grizzlies

Dieng

Wolves: 

James Johnson

Pels

E'Twaun Moore - Possible Option in my eyes

Darius Miller

Okafor

Knicks: 

Portis is all I got for now. Still waiting on more info. 

Magic: 

Aminu - Possible Option in my eyes

Sixers: 

Horford - Possible Option in my eyes

Mike Scott

That's all I got. These are guys on the roster that the team is trying to move via cap/LT reasons, FAs they do not plan to bring back at any cost, or guys who worn out their welcome (Portis). 

My opinion on likelyihood: 

Saric - 30%, I think he has a shot to be a Hawk. I haven't heard anything, just my opinion. I think he will cost around 5/6 million which is the range I know they are looking for from this position from what I was told and he's around the age range too. 

Oubre - 5%, the Hawks really didn't like him years ago and some of those people are still in the org and it's based on my his attitude and mindset. PHX/WAS confirmed, it's still the same. 

Nets: 

Chandler - 0%

Prince - 0%

Hornets: 

Batum - 0%

Zeller - 0%

Bulls: 

Felicio 0%

Thad Young - Possible Option in my eyes 20%, Hawks liked him when he was a FA but he really has regressed and doesn't help CHI at all. 

Mavs: 

Delon Wright - Possible Option in my eyes 5%, after the latest info, I strongly believe our backup will be a rookie the Hawks moved up to get in this draft. 

Dwight Powell 0%

Nuggets: 

Grant - 20% 

Mason Plumlee - 0% One of the hottest FAs this year. Has a lot of suitors from winning teams with Full MLE. 

Vonleh - 0%

Pistons: 

Pacers: 

Justin Holiday - Possible Option in my eyes 5% - Wants big mins.

Clippers: 

Marcus Morris 0%, regressed. 

Grizzlies

Dieng 0%

Wolves: 

James Johnson - 0%

Pels

E'Twaun Moore - Possible Option in my eyes 75% The most likely Hawk as a FA. Even his minutes fit. 

Darius Miller - 0%

Okafor - 10%

Knicks: 

Portis is all I got for now. Still waiting on more info.  0%

Magic: 

Aminu - Possible Option in my eyes - 20% 

Sixers: 

Horford - Possible Option in my eyes - 30%, I honestly think we will consider this, he was one of the trade options around the trade deadline before they got Capela and Dedmon. Options were Adams, Horford, Capela, Dedmon, Baynes, and Drummond. Drummond was not as high on the list as the media tried to frame. Our scouts weren't high on his impact and fit. Adams had the highest grade but we couldn't work out a deal for him. OKC refused and wanted more than what HOU wanted. The Houston deal worked out perfectly for us as well. I really don't think we were super high on getting back Dedmon. It was Dedmon + 6.5 million or Parker and we needed relief ASAP at the 5 considering Len was going through injuries. To be honest, we lost that deal and I don't think TS was hyped to do it either. If we could have gotten Baynes, we would have gotten him instead. 

Mike Scott - 30% - He's around the cost. Atlanta is looking for and I know they want someone who stretches the floor at the 4. 

• Like 2

To add more to the Horford piece: The Hawks offered Parsons to Cavs for Kevin Love and MIL 1st 2021. I was told CLE declined and wanted Parsons and for Atlanta to give their own Atlanta 2021, lottery protected. Let's just say, Atlanta and Cleveland wasn't seeing eye to eye. 

As far as Horford. I just didn't think Philly offered enough to entice Atlanta. At that time, that OKC 1st didn't look like it would transfer over and was going to be two 2nds and that wasn't appealing to the Hawks. Chandler Parsons was the centerpiece from Atlanta's end as well. I also think PHI didn't want to give away Horford without getting anything in return. I don't think they put a good offer out there. I do think a TPE is something that they are looking for. 

Only thing I agree with you on is Moore.  Could be a really good guard option for us.

I highly doubt our backup point will be a rookie, btw.  I'll fight you (and your sources) on that.

I also think you're overblowing the Horf-back-to-Atl stuff.  I think he'd be good for us, but I don't think it's a viable thing.  I'm not calling you a fanboy on it, but I do think your fanhood is showing in your projection.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My opinion on likelyihood: 

Saric - 30%, I think he has a shot to be a Hawk. I haven't heard anything, just my opinion. I think he will cost around 5/6 million which is the range I know they are looking for from this position from what I was told and he's around the age range too. 

Oubre - 5%, the Hawks really didn't like him years ago and some of those people are still in the org and it's based on my his attitude and mindset. PHX/WAS confirmed, it's still the same. 

Nets: 

Chandler - 0%

Prince - 0%

Hornets: 

Batum - 0%

Zeller - 0%

Bulls: 

Felicio 0%

Thad Young - Possible Option in my eyes 20%, Hawks liked him when he was a FA but he really has regressed and doesn't help CHI at all. 

Mavs: 

Delon Wright - Possible Option in my eyes 5%, after the latest info, I strongly believe our backup will be a rookie the Hawks moved up to get in this draft. 

Dwight Powell 0%

Nuggets: 

Grant - 20% 

Mason Plumlee - 0% One of the hottest FAs this year. Has a lot of suitors from winning teams with Full MLE. 

Vonleh - 0%

Pistons: 

Pacers: 

Justin Holiday - Possible Option in my eyes 5% - Wants big mins.

Clippers: 

Marcus Morris 0%, regressed. 

Grizzlies

Dieng 0%

Wolves: 

James Johnson - 0%

Pels

E'Twaun Moore - Possible Option in my eyes 75% The most likely Hawk as a FA. Even his minutes fit. 

Darius Miller - 0%

Okafor - 10%

Knicks: 

Portis is all I got for now. Still waiting on more info.  0%

Magic: 

Aminu - Possible Option in my eyes - 20% 

Sixers: 

Horford - Possible Option in my eyes - 30%, I honestly think we will consider this, he was one of the trade options around the trade deadline before they got Capela and Dedmon. Options were Adams, Horford, Capela, Dedmon, Baynes, and Drummond. Drummond was not as high on the list as the media tried to frame. Our scouts weren't high on his impact and fit. Adams had the highest grade but we couldn't work out a deal for him. OKC refused and wanted more than what HOU wanted. The Houston deal worked out perfectly for us as well. I really don't think we were super high on getting back Dedmon. It was Dedmon + 6.5 million or Parker and we needed relief ASAP at the 5 considering Len was going through injuries. To be honest, we lost that deal and I don't think TS was hyped to do it either. If we could have gotten Baynes, we would have gotten him instead. 

Mike Scott - 30% - He's around the cost. Atlanta is looking for and I know they want someone who stretches the floor at the 4. 

Justin Holiday isnt a "Big minutes" type of player. He trippin. lol

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Only thing I agree with you on is Moore.  Could be a really good guard option for us.

I highly doubt our backup point will be a rookie, btw.  I'll fight you (and your sources) on that.

I also think you're overblowing the Horf-back-to-Atl stuff.  I think he'd be good for us, but I don't think it's a viable thing.  I'm not calling you a fanboy on it, but I do think your fanhood is showing in your projection.

I've heard there is interest on both sides and it made a lot of sense plus he doesn't have a team who wants to keep him which means we have a legit shot. 

I've mentioned it earlier in the week, we are looking to get a late lottery-mid first to move up a draft a PG that they covet. I also mentioned that Atlanta is considering keeping both Teague and Goodwin to battle it out for the 3rd string PG spot. 

Not really. I think it can happen, it's my opinion. It's not like I am saying Atlanta is looking into it. It's just something that makes sense to me and we have a history. Past (player) and recent (he was a player we looked at when we were targeting centers). That said, I have not gotten intel saying Al is wanted by Atlanta. I am saying we should do it. Add a 5-7 WAR player in a perfect fit system as a backup. That would get us over the top for the playoffs. Why not?