• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To add more to the Horford piece: The Hawks offered Parsons to Cavs for Kevin Love and MIL 1st 2021. I was told CLE declined and wanted Parsons and for Atlanta to give their own Atlanta 2021, lottery protected. Let's just say, Atlanta and Cleveland wasn't seeing eye to eye. 

As far as Horford. I just didn't think Philly offered enough to entice Atlanta. At that time, that OKC 1st didn't look like it would transfer over and was going to be two 2nds and that wasn't appealing to the Hawks. Chandler Parsons was the centerpiece from Atlanta's end as well. I also think PHI didn't want to give away Horford without getting anything in return. I don't think they put a good offer out there. I do think a TPE is something that they are looking for. 

As for Dedmon, we did make an offer for Dedmon in late DEC, it was Turner for Dedmon/a young player not in their rotation(filler), and two 2nd rounders. Kings said they will NOT trade Dedmon attaching any assets. A number of teams called for Dedmon including Dallas. SAC called us before the trade deadline and made the offer of Dedmon for Len/Parker. They wanted Len and they knew we had Parker on the trading block as I stated at that time. Remember, we didn't have Parker on the trading block in DEC. We thought and was told he was going to opt out for a bigger payday. He struggled when John came back and his agent realized he had no market and changed ish and we put him on the block ASAP. We wanted assets to take on Dedmon but Parker changed things. 

Why is Sap not an option? I'd much rather overpay for a year of Sap than trading for whoreford. Unless we get a first rounder out of it, which I believe is what supes is saying when he says we're targeting a bu PG in late first round. 

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Why is Sap not an option? I'd much rather overpay for a year of Sap than trading for whoreford. Unless we get a first rounder out of it, which I believe is what supes is saying when he says we're targeting a bu PG in late first round. 

He is an option. He just got better options as I mentioned. Staying in DEN, Phoenix, New York Knicks,, and MIN.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've mentioned it earlier in the week, we are looking to get a late lottery-mid first to move up a draft a PG that they covet. I also mentioned that Atlanta is considering keeping both Teague and Goodwin to battle it out for the 3rd string PG spot. 

That just doesn't smell right to me.  Drafting a #2 point but having Teague/Goodwin fight for 3.  Smells like smoke to me.  I'd bet your house the Hawks target a vet for the backup point.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 11:38 PM, NBASupes said:

Right now the only locks I've gotten is the Core 6 and the 14th and 15th man (Skal and Bruno). I already mentioned that Bruno could be moved for the right deal as a filler. Nothing I got on Dedmon, our 2020 1st, or our 2020 2nd rounder says that those are locks at this time. 

What I know is what just about everyone here knows. Atlanta wants to improve their depth from 7th-11th badly. They want quality rotation vets. They want who we draft to earn it is what I've heard and they aren't going to be considered core like John was, they will have to earn it. I like that. I hate giving minutes because we have to. They can go to the G-League as well. 

When it comes to Goodwin, his teammates love him and he got some people in the org who does but there is a feeling that resigning Jeff Teague is something they want to do more. There was a legit comfort of having a vet PG in the locker room and some felt he helped Trae. His market is dead right now but there is a chance Atlanta could bring him back as a 11th or 12th man/ 3rd PG. We will see, I think it will come down to resigning Jeff or keeping Goodwin for the final cut honestly. 

Trae

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Collins

Cap

Cam or Kevin

Key Vet

Key Vet

Key Vet or Dedmon

Rookie 1st rounder PG

Rookie 1st rounder

Teague or Goodwin

Graham or Bembry

Skal

Bruno

The Hawks know this. It's not easy to get shooters. They aren't heavy in this FA class. Look at the names I mentioned that Atlanta likes, all of them can shoot open threes. 

Im Meh on resigning Teague..As long as he's not the primary backup I guess I could live with it..But we can do better..

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've heard there is interest on both sides and it made a lot of sense plus he doesn't have a team who wants to keep him which means we have a legit shot. 

I've mentioned it earlier in the week, we are looking to get a late lottery-mid first to move up a draft a PG that they covet. I also mentioned that Atlanta is considering keeping both Teague and Goodwin to battle it out for the 3rd string PG spot. 

Not really. I think it can happen, it's my opinion. It's not like I am saying Atlanta is looking into it. It's just something that makes sense to me and we have a history. Past (player) and recent (he was a player we looked at when we were targeting centers). That said, I have not gotten intel saying Al is wanted by Atlanta. I am saying we should do it. Add a 5-7 WAR player in a perfect fit system as a backup. That would get us over the top for the playoffs. Why not? 

A mid 1st pg?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

My opinion on likelyihood: 

Saric - 30%, I think he has a shot to be a Hawk. I haven't heard anything, just my opinion. I think he will cost around 5/6 million which is the range I know they are looking for from this position from what I was told and he's around the age range too. 

Oubre - 5%, the Hawks really didn't like him years ago and some of those people are still in the org and it's based on my his attitude and mindset. PHX/WAS confirmed, it's still the same. 

Nets: 

Chandler - 0%

Prince - 0%

Hornets: 

Batum - 0%

Zeller - 0%

Bulls: 

Felicio 0%

Thad Young - Possible Option in my eyes 20%, Hawks liked him when he was a FA but he really has regressed and doesn't help CHI at all. 

Mavs: 

Delon Wright - Possible Option in my eyes 5%, after the latest info, I strongly believe our backup will be a rookie the Hawks moved up to get in this draft. 

Dwight Powell 0%

Nuggets: 

Grant - 20% 

Mason Plumlee - 0% One of the hottest FAs this year. Has a lot of suitors from winning teams with Full MLE. 

Vonleh - 0%

Pistons: 

Damn near everyone but the kids and Rose. 

Pacers: 

Justin Holiday - Possible Option in my eyes 5% - Wants big mins.

Clippers: 

Marcus Morris 0%, regressed. 

Grizzlies

Dieng 0%

Wolves: 

James Johnson - 0%

Pels

E'Twaun Moore - Possible Option in my eyes 75% The most likely Hawk as a FA. Even his minutes fit. 

Darius Miller - 0%

Okafor - 10%

Knicks: 

Portis is all I got for now. Still waiting on more info.  0%

Magic: 

Aminu - Possible Option in my eyes - 20% 

Sixers: 

Horford - Possible Option in my eyes - 30%, I honestly think we will consider this, he was one of the trade options around the trade deadline before they got Capela and Dedmon. Options were Adams, Horford, Capela, Dedmon, Baynes, and Drummond. Drummond was not as high on the list as the media tried to frame. Our scouts weren't high on his impact and fit. Adams had the highest grade but we couldn't work out a deal for him. OKC refused and wanted more than what HOU wanted. The Houston deal worked out perfectly for us as well. I really don't think we were super high on getting back Dedmon. It was Dedmon + 6.5 million or Parker and we needed relief ASAP at the 5 considering Len was going through injuries. To be honest, we lost that deal and I don't think TS was hyped to do it either. If we could have gotten Baynes, we would have gotten him instead. 

Mike Scott - 30% - He's around the cost. Atlanta is looking for and I know they want someone who stretches the floor at the 4. 

I'd be down with Saric. I mentioned him as a good fairly inexpensive target some time ago.

Someone you have at 0% that I think could be a decent, if unheralded pick up is Darius Miller as 3rd string SG/SF.

I know this is my UK blue colored glasses showing. But, hear me out...on that UK national championship team, ADavis got the headlines, but DMiller held that team together to win it. He was the ballast that kept the ship upright when the young guys faced choppy water. When the game seemed to start getting out of hand, he came in, calmed things down, and hit some shots to get them back in it.

He could basically play the same roll here with a team full of young guys trying to make their way in a grown league. Decent career 3% (38.2) and FT (83) % shooter, too.

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

I'd be down with Saric. I mentioned him as a good fairly inexpensive target some time ago.

Someone you have at 0% that I think could be a decent, if unheralded pick up is Darius Miller as 3rd string SG/SF.

I know this is my UK blue colored glasses showing. But, hear me out...on that UK national championship team, ADavis got the headlines, but DMiller held that team together to win it. He was the ballast that kept the ship upright when the young guys faced choppy water. When the game seemed to start getting out of hand, he came in, calmed things down, and hit some shots to get them back in it.

He could basically play the same roll here with a team full of young guys trying to make their way in a grown league. Decent career 3% (38.2) and FT (83) % shooter, too.

Look at his contract but point well stated. Note, this was my opinion. The only thing that wasn't is who's readily available. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

As for Dedmon, we did make an offer for Dedmon in late DEC, it was Turner for Dedmon/a young player not in their rotation(filler), and two 2nd rounders. Kings said they will NOT trade Dedmon attaching any assets. A number of teams called for Dedmon including Dallas. SAC called us before the trade deadline and made the offer of Dedmon for Len/Parker. They wanted Len and they knew we had Parker on the trading block as I stated at that time. Remember, we didn't have Parker on the trading block in DEC. We thought and was told he was going to opt out for a bigger payday. He struggled when John came back and his agent realized he had no market and changed ish and we put him on the block ASAP. We wanted assets to take on Dedmon but Parker changed things. 

We received 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks from Sac (via other teams) in the deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We received 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks from Sac (via other teams) in the deal.

Damn, you are right, they did comp us. I simply forgot they did. That's where we got the HOU pick from. So they ended up doing what TS wanted. I must have forgot some of the details. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Consider this your intervention.

This post is like me trying to convince folks Thad Young isn't washed up.  Or tryna tell folks Iman Shumpert has that championship pedigree.

Give it up, bird-d.  Miller isn't trash but he's pretty close to it.  Could he help us though?  Meh, I guess.  But it better be for dirt-a** cheap.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Consider this your intervention.

This post is like me trying to convince folks Thad Young isn't washed up.  Or tryna tell folks Iman Shumpert has that championship pedigree.

Give it up, bird-d.  Miller isn't trash but he's pretty close to it.  Could he help us though?  Meh, I guess.  But it better be for dirt-a** cheap.

He's a year younger and $12mil cheaper than Teague was last year, and 20/21 is the last year of his contact (so it doesn't hurt the summer '21 FAcy). Does that help?

Did you see where I said third string SG/SF?

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 10:38 PM, NBASupes said:

Right now the only locks I've gotten is the Core 6 and the 14th and 15th man (Skal and Bruno). I already mentioned that Bruno could be moved for the right deal as a filler. Nothing I got on Dedmon, our 2020 1st, or our 2020 2nd rounder says that those are locks at this time. 

What I know is what just about everyone here knows. Atlanta wants to improve their depth from 7th-11th badly. They want quality rotation vets. They want who we draft to earn it is what I've heard and they aren't going to be considered core like John was, they will have to earn it. I like that. I hate giving minutes because we have to. They can go to the G-League as well. 

When it comes to Goodwin, his teammates love him and he got some people in the org who does but there is a feeling that resigning Jeff Teague is something they want to do more. There was a legit comfort of having a vet PG in the locker room and some felt he helped Trae. His market is dead right now but there is a chance Atlanta could bring him back as a 11th or 12th man/ 3rd PG. We will see, I think it will come down to resigning Jeff or keeping Goodwin for the final cut honestly. 

Trae

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Collins

Cap

Cam or Kevin

Key Vet

Key Vet

Key Vet or Dedmon

Rookie 1st rounder PG

Rookie 1st rounder

Teague or Goodwin

Graham or Bembry

Skal

Bruno

The Hawks know this. It's not easy to get shooters. They aren't heavy in this FA class. Look at the names I mentioned that Atlanta likes, all of them can shoot open threes. 

So who are the key vet big men the Hawks are going to bring in, if Skal and Bruno are the 14th and 15th man?

Because right now, all we have is Capela, Collins, and Dedmon ( whose value is diminishing quickly ) ahead of Skal and Bruno.  Unless the plan is to still play Hunter at the 4 even more ( in the now vacated Vince Carter role ).

Our "key vets" may have to be shooters / scorers, whether it be on the front court or the wing.

So to me, one of those key vets will have to be a big that can shoot and score, if Bruno and Skal get moved to the end of the bench.

• Millsap
  • Ibaka
  • Marcus Morris
  • Markief Morris
  • Jerami Grant
  • Dario Saric
  • Melo
  •  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To me, the Hawks may need another scorer type, regardless if he's a shooter or not.

The Hawks desperately need shooting, defense, and for the kids to grow up FAST.

I am not sure they are coveting another scorer. I do know they are coveting shooting. Moore, Galloway, etc.

I also know they want a PG who fits their system to backup Trae in the draft for the move-up. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To me, the Hawks may need another scorer type, regardless if he's a shooter or not.

The Hawks desperately need shooting, defense, and for the kids to grow up FAST.

Malik Beasley?

Hey Supes, how about Spencer Dinwiddie to Atlanta in a trade? I cant see them keeping both he and Lavert..He's on good contract..Do they need another BIG? Dedmon and possibly Bruno are available..lol. 

• Like 1