• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm hoping one of the reasons it's taking so long to get any news is we're not eagerly overpaying anyone.

😂 This is the logic they should not be overly worried about. When you’re a franchise like the hawks and you’re trying lure good talent you can’t be pinching pennies at the same time .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Are we trying become the Dallas Mavericks?

😇

Dallas has arguably the best offense in the NBA last year. They have a nice thing going. I like their draft pick from yesterday too, especially Terry

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hope you’re right

Too many Euro players for ya??? 😂 

Hayward is actually American. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

😂 This is the logic they should not be overly worried about. When you’re a franchise like the hawks and you’re trying lure good talent you can’t be pinching pennies at the same time .

I agree 100% but this year is a bit different as we have ample space and almost every other team does not.  I'm the first one to support "overpays" if it means getting all-star level players on board.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We could use a few European players, our three point shooting was abysmal last year.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/three-point-field-goal-percentage

Americans have caught up. Only 4 of the top 25 shooters were non American. And only 3 were Euro's

I get it though, wink

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/three-point-field-goal-percentage

Americans have caught up. Only 4 of the top 25 shooters were non American. And only 3 were Euro's

I get it though, wink

Bertans is no.10 on the list, Joe Harris is no.6. Only free agents among the top 10. Galinari is actually a better scorer than either though.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I find it unreal how many various experts and talking heads are talking about taking Big O means the Hawks are going to trade Collins. They aren't similar players. They don't threaten each other's place on the team.

Ive seen a lot say we're trading Capela......lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I find it unreal how many various experts and talking heads are talking about taking Big O means the Hawks are going to trade Collins. They aren't similar players. They don't threaten each other's place on the team.

He's going to be our defensive anchor. In the playoffs when it get's more physical you need a guy like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Okongwu compliments Collins if anything. If John is still a below average defender, Onekya can switch and guard either big man position depending on the matchup .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, terrell said:

This dude gets it.  Okongwu can defend every position.  Dude regularly blocked seemingly open jumpers which is a super rare trait.  We deploy a heavily switching style defense. Trae is bad at D and there isn't any getting around that, but we are building a roster that can compensate for that.

Okongwu's offensive upside is just a bonus.  If he does develop a jumper (totally possible and his free throw percentage hints at this), this team could be unstoppable offensively and competent defensively. 

• Thanks 1

Update: 

James Harden 

Boston was working on a deal for James Harden regardless of what they are putting out there publicly. The truth is, Boston did detailed research on James Harden. Even more than what was reported here and James Harden has a toxic rep. It's not just former staffers and former players. A number of current players don't like James. That doesn't mean he doesn't have allies. MDA, P.J. Tucker and a number of others that like James but his rep is really really bad and he also has a lot of other issues I was told not to talk about. 

Houston has moved from James, the relationship is done but James has to repair his image. Even Brooklyn has a number of people in their org saying to not touch Harden regardless of MDA, Nash, and KD are interested in James. 

He is not sure what will happen with James but it's unlikely anyone will trade for him as Tillman is particular where James goes and won't be forced into any move. 

There is belief that the Westbrook relationship is redeemable in Houston. 

Rondo

Baynes

Gallinari 

Joe Harris

KCP

Jerami Grant

Davis Bertans

Christian Wood

Goran Dragic 

Brandon Ingram 

and 

AD are expected to be Day 1 signings. 

FVV, Hayward, and Bogi are expected to go into the weekend. 

SAC/MIL

They are in trouble, he wouldn't go into details but he says they are in trouble.

Most wanted FAs: 

Bazemore, Wes Matthews, Mo Harkless, Jeff Green, Mason Plumlee, Nerlens Noel, Alex Len, Bismack Biyombo, Kyle Korver, and Markieff Morris. Min salary guys basically who aren't PGs. 

Free Agency isn't expected to last that long this year. Offers should come fast this year. 

There is little to no ongoing trade talks right now, that could change quickly depending on who goes where 

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

James Harden 

Boston was working on a deal for James Harden regardless of what they are putting out there publicly. The truth is, Boston did detailed research on James Harden. Even more than what was reported here and James Harden has a toxic rep. It's not just former staffers and former players. A number of current players don't like James. That doesn't mean he doesn't have allies. MDA, P.J. Tucker and a number of others that like James but his rep is really really bad and he also has a lot of other issues I was told not to talk about. 

Houston has moved from James, the relationship is done but James has to repair his image. Even Brooklyn has a number of people in their org saying to not touch Harden regardless of MDA, Nash, and KD are interested in James. 

He is not sure what will happen with James but it's unlikely anyone will trade for him as Tillman is particular where James goes and won't be forced into any move. 

There is belief that the Westbrook relationship is redeemable in Houston. 

Rondo

Baynes

Gallinari 

Joe Harris

KCP

Jerami Grant

Davis Bertans

Christian Wood

Goran Dragic 

Brandon Ingram 

and 

AD are expected to be Day 1 signings. 

FVV, Hayward, and Bogi are expected to go into the weekend. 

SAC/MIL

They are in trouble, he wouldn't go into details but he says they are in trouble.

Most wanted FAs: 

Bazemore, Wes Matthews, Mo Harkless, Jeff Green, Mason Plumlee, Nerlens Noel, Alex Len, Bismack Biyombo, Kyle Korver, and Markieff Morris. Min salary guys basically who aren't PGs. 

Free Agency isn't expected to last that long this year. Offers should come fast this year. 

There is little to no ongoing trade talks right now, that could change quickly depending on who goes where 

Bazemore? lol

Edited by terrell