• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Did we confirm he can be sign and traded despite opting out?  I recall some confusion on that over the last week.

I remember that now.  but I was still confused (don't tell campster 😆)..... I'm thinking he resigns at a lower starting salary and gets traded to Indy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

What will be most disappointing if we don't get Hayward is that I won't get to laugh every time I see "McRib" pop up in one of @Sothron's posts.  Best nickname I can remember for quite some time.  :laugh1:

I know it is declassee to say this but yes, I want him here so he can be OUR McRib. The nickname is too good to pass up.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 11/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, Peoriabird said:

Its looking more and more like business as usual.  Teams will be looking to unload their bloated contracts and Schlenk will gladly oblige.  Once again, discounted players who can still play are looking to play for contenders not Atlanta.  All this talk of a significant players coming to Atlanta is just smoke and mirrors once again.   Heck, the Hawks might be even desperate enough to consider resigning Bembry.  

I think this bares repeating again since it looks like the Hawks have struck out again.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I don't know why y'all would be in a hurry to overpay for a guy with the injury history of Hayward. I don't mind overpaying in general given our position, but not for Hayward. If New York is offering something significant better than us, they can have him.

This, man... I genuinely don't understand why this board wants to overpay a 30 year old with a rod in his leg coming off a contract year... It's like people don't learn. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I remember that now.  but I was still confused (don't tell campster 😆)..... I'm thinking he resigns at a lower starting salary and gets traded to Indy.

Looks to me like it can be done but must be a 3 year or 4 year contract

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q92

Interestingly, it looks like he couldn't have been extended and traded:

A player cannot be traded in an extend-and-trade after the season (for example, on draft day) in the last season of his contract, or in any season that might be the last season due to an option or ETO.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think this bares repeating again since it looks like the Hawks have struck out again.

FA hasnt even started yet.  All I want is some competent vets to go along with the young players...I wouldnt mind Hayward, but I wont lose any sleep if we dont get him.............................................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

There are plenty of options, I am not mad if we don’t get Hayward, probably he will never play to the contract he is signing.

I prefer to sign someone on the 26-28 range with upside and there are some players worth signing out there for good money. And if we sign a 30 year old injury prone we can do cheaper. 

The addition of Snell perhaps means we are in the market for a big. I hope we are in play for Christian Wood or Bertans.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Looks to me like it can be done but must be a 3 year or 4 year contract

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q92

Interestingly, it looks like he couldn't have been extended and traded:

Thanks, I think.  All the years don't have to be guaranteed though.