• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, Vol4ever said:

He is a dang good player and if we continue to have this we aint gonna pay attitude nobody will come.  We are not getting any superstars now or later imo.  

Truth is....Hawks have an EXTREMELY clean cap sheet.  They can afford an overpay to get a legitimate player that will help them.  Especially when you consider that next season they will be competing against numerous teams with a ton of space for players.  This off season was the time to get a deal done, imo. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We could pay him but he says he needs to see us built a playoff level team.

Two things:

1) Would a playoff level team really be looking at signing Teague as their primary bu pg? 

2) This may be the first time he's ever displayed the kind of balls we always wished he would grow when he was here the first time.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

He is a dang good player and if we continue to have this we aint gonna pay attitude nobody will come.  We are not getting any superstars now or later imo.  

I'm not saying don't offer him a reasonable deal, I'd just be opposed to overpaying on a long term deal. 

We don't want to be Philly with Al, paying to dump a bad contract.

Supes said Boston's to him offer was 4/$65-$70 which seemed low to me, 4/$90-$100, declining salary I'd be ok with to some degree, the last year team option or partial guarantee.

I'm not upset if Heyward signs or doesn't.   What is sad is this team never makes a big time move.  I mean a real big move.   They have cap space and assets and are making fringe moves.   They never dare to be great. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm still waiting for an actual report that he is going somewhere and seeing what we do before getting too worked up.  For example, I'd much rather have Gallo at 2 years and $40M than Hayward at 4 years and $120M.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm still waiting for an actual report that he is going somewhere and seeing what we do before getting too worked up.  For example, I'd much rather have Gallo at 2 years and $40M than Hayward at 4 years and $120M.  

Indeed.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

FTR, I think he goes to Indy via trade which is where I think his wife wants to go.

Did we confirm he can be sign and traded despite opting out?  I recall some confusion on that over the last week.