• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Suns at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I guess it's the unexpected benefits of your big men being terrible rebounders lol.

It is also the hoped for benefit of him getting and staying healthy.  15 rebounds will never be the norm for him but he has been consistently good lately with the stinkers being the exception (rather than the other way around).  Fingers crossed that he continues to build on this!

If things go the right way, I think we could see MUUUUCH improved consistency for this team with JC being very high consistency and Trae and Huert being next level so you expect good nights from them all most of the time.  That will give our young, less consistent players more breathing room to not have to be central pieces in any particular game but the opportunity to step up in any game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

The CLP detractors are REALLY silent when we win...where’s their commentary at now ?

I'll give the coach his props when he does well.  We were playing much more like a team last night, and actually playing a little defense.  I do find it interesting that the refs called fouls on Phoenix that they were not calling on us late in the game.  I have to wonder out loud if the league dictated that we should win the game last night, because if some of those fouls had not been called against Phoenix, they might have won.  Also calling the second technical foul on Booker was a little iffy.  Our guys did well for the most part, other than Reddish, on offense.  I wonder if Reddish and Hunter have ever had good scoring games on the same night.  Reddish and Hunter were not rebounding the way you'd expect your forwards to rebound.  Thankfully, Huerter did a great job on the boards.

• Like 1

Just now, Watchman said:

I'll give the coach his props when he does well.  We were playing much more like a team last night, and actually playing a little defense.  I do find it interesting that the refs called fouls on Phoenix that they were not calling on us late in the game.  I have to wonder out loud if the league dictated that we should win the game last night, because if some of those fouls had not been called against Phoenix, they might have won.  Also calling the second technical foul on Booker was a little iffy.  Our guys did well for the most part, other than Reddish, on offense.  I wonder if Reddish and Hunter have ever had good scoring games on the same night.  Reddish and Hunter were not rebounding the way you'd expect your forwards to rebound.  Thankfully, Huerter did a great job on the boards.

Reddish and Hunter were defending shooters or Booker who is a shooter and scorer. Y'all gotta watch the game and not the stat sheet

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reddish and Hunter were defending shooters or Booker who is a shooter and scorer. Y'all gotta watch the game and not the stat sheet

I did, obviously, or I would not have questions about the fouls called on Phoenix, but not on us,  or the second tech foul on Booker.  Are you saying that Reddish or Hunter can only do one thing in a game (score, defend, rebound, etc.?)

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Interestingly, Booker had more offensive rebounds than Hunter and Reddish had defensive rebounds combined and had more defensive rebounds than Hunter and Reddish combined.  (Also more total rebounds than them combined).  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Interestingly, Booker had more offensive rebounds than Hunter and Reddish had defensive rebounds combined and had more defensive rebounds than Hunter and Reddish combined.  (Also more total rebounds than them combined).  

How many did he get when defended by Reddish or Hunter?

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I felt the opposite.  Booker's tech was lame for sure but i felt like we were getting called for touch fouls and a ton of flops by the suns.  Guys were just fake falling over when Collins was nearby and JC gets called for the foul. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You're seriously suggesting the league ... called the refs .. during the game ... and told them to make sure we win?

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

Why?  Why did we need to win last night, from the league's perspective?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

How many did he get when defended by Reddish or Hunter?

I don't know.  I just know that Reddish and Hunter collectively had a bad game on the boards and that Hunter has been disappointing there all year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I felt the opposite.  Booker's tech was lame for sure but i felt like we were getting called for touch fouls and a ton of flops by the suns.  Guys were just fake falling over when Collins was nearby and JC gets called for the foul. 

It seemed to me that late in the game, whenever a Phoenix player drove to the basket for a layup, they got fouled by our guys, but the fouls were not called.  However, when we drove to the basket, a foul was called rather routinely on Phoenix.  That was what it looked like to me.

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're seriously suggesting the league ... called the refs .. during the game ... and told them to make sure we win?

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

Why?  Why did we need to win last night, from the league's perspective?

No, I don't, hence I said "I had to wonder out loud,"  The calls down the stretch were very lopsided in our favor though, which is rare.  And yeah, we do need to win once in a blue moon, or our fans get very discouraged.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

It seemed to me that late in the game, whenever a Phoenix player drove to the basket for a layup, they got fouled by our guys, but the fouls were not called.  However, when we drove to the basket, a foul was called rather routinely on Phoenix.  That was what it looked like to me.

I looked it up.  they had 32 fta vs 20 for us.  Which is a huge difference BUT we had 12 in the fourth quarter (all trae/heurt) and they had 10.  So it evened up late but was pretty even.  

I do remember a foul call that heurter got late on beard-face that seemed like nothing.  Bembry might have gotten away with some but compared to most games this one seemed fairly balanced i thought.  

• Like 3