• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Can we at least get Headband Hunter back, or is that too much to ask?

~lw3

He never left.  Just switched to a black headband.

I know these guys have played a ton of basketball in their life but sometimes i think these big time prospects have  never played at the Y.  Some of their drives are so awful I think 'Flip Murray never had a drive that poorly executed in his life'.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He never left.  Just switched to a black headband.

I know these guys have played a ton of basketball in their life but sometimes i think these big time prospects have  never played at the Y.  Some of their drives are so awful I think 'Flip Murray never had a drive that poorly executed in his life'.  

I've never seen so many drives into oblivion where it's painfully obvious a charge is about to happen.  Like slowmotion train wrecks.

Plus you know these refs relish that block/charge call.  Frickin' one-man/woman broadway shows when they have to make that call nowadays.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

What's so bad about this is Hunter has a pretty decent midrange pull up. The midrange pull up is underutilized. once you've crossed the 3pt line, 2 points is 2 points. Leonard destroyed teams with his midrange game on his way to an NBA Championship.. 

This is so true.  It's true from youth to 2k to the pros yet so under used.  Guys want to drive the basket and get their shot blocked more than pull up for a 10 footer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

What's so bad about this is Hunter has a pretty decent midrange pull up. The midrange pull up is underutilized. Once you've crossed the 3pt line, 2 points is 2 points. Leonard destroyed teams with his midrange game on his way to an NBA Championship.. 

Eggsactly.  2 points is 2 points, man!

Freaking analytics clowns are ruining the game.  What's beautiful about watching two teams, with crappy a** shooters, jakin up 3's all game in between poorly driving to the basket?

Basketball is meant to be movement, cutting, etc. to generate the best shot.  That could be a 3.  That could be a layup.  But that could also be a pull up jumper.  Why are we eschewing an entire area of the court because some nerd needs fantasy points (literally and figuratively)?

And you know that's where this crap came from.  All these rotisserie league supahstars got nba jobs now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Should of just kept, 8, 10 and 17. Hunter's BBIQ and defensive prowess were oversold. Pelicans took us to the cleaners.

Yeah Id much rather have a 6'11 rim runner like Hayes(which can be found pretty easily) and a backup PG/SG(NAW), than a potential Stud wing.. smh. Give Hunter some time man. 

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And i don't know if you've seen high school/church league basketball lately but they play just like the pros except they shoot basically 5% from 3 and 10% at the rim.   

OMFG it's horrible.  kg03's little 11yo league has jumped the shark.  One kid lucks up and makes a 3 and it. is. on.

These little kids wrench and contort their little shoulders to hurl the ball at the rim.  I've never seen the basketball hit some of the areas of the backboard these kids are clanging into.

And the only thing that's worse ... the layup "attempts".  I'm screaming at little Timmy, "Hit the square, dude!  The SQUARE!"

Timmy's mom cosigns, "Yeah!  You suck, Timmy!"

😲

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah Id much rather have a 6'11 rim runner like Hayes(which can be found pretty easily) and a backup PG/SG(NAW), than a potential Stud wing.. smh. Give Hunter some time man. 

Eggsactly.

There's a Hayes-type over-drafted every year.  Just pick one up from the gleague when you want one.  Shiii, I bet we can get the Claxton kid from BKN for cheap right now.  Folks wanted to take him in the mid 1st round that draft.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

OMFG it's horrible.  kg03's little 11yo league has jumped the shark.  One kid lucks up and makes a 3 and it. is. on.

These little kids wrench and contort their little shoulders to hurl the ball at the rim.  I've never seen the basketball hit some of the areas of the backboard these kids are clanging into.

And the only thing that's worse ... the layup "attempts".  I'm screaming at little Timmy, "Hit the square, dude!  The SQUARE!"

Timmy's mom cosigns, "Yeah!  You suck, Timmy!"

😲

Sounds like my 11 year old girls team, lol.

Coach is always yelling...layup or dunk it.😂....which means stop trying to shoot from anywhere but the paint, lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds like my 11 year old girls team, lol.

Coach is always yelling...layup or dunk it.😂....which means stop trying to shoot from anywhere but the paint, lol

It's unintentional hilarity all game long.

My little kg hit a Harden-esque step-bak long 2 one game.  The crowd was ooing and ahing 'cause they thought he did it on purpose.

But really, he just traveled backward and it kinda looked like he did it on purpose.

I gave him the ol' "yeah I know you walked" look.  He just smiled and sprinted back on defense since Timmy left his man wide a** open!  Again!  Timmy really does suck at basketball.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I haven't given up, but I'm not as bullish as I was. 

But you said you want 8 and 17 back. For who? Hawks needed length, so Herro and Clarke weren't it. lol. PJ Washington maybe..But we had John and Jabari.Nobody else in that range is doing anything great..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

At 17 id take Brandon Clarke. 8 and 10 could be Rui and Reddish, or Reddish and Herro, or Reddish and Doumbouya, depending on your preference.

Grass always looks greener on the other side. Would those players perform the same way in the Hawks system? Maybe, Maybe not.  I'm just going to patient approach. You should never attempt to put a limit on how good a player can be.  We don't know their work ethic.  Hot starts, don't mean strong finishes. 

Okay, I've met my cliche quota today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2