• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, so what do you think the lady would do with that body if he were in a hawk uni?

Maybe you are referring to the other lady, Chelsea? Oh, wait....Omari memory just now....

• Haha 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Zion shooting threes better than our rooks

To be fair, for some reason SA wasn't covering him....at all.  He had time to check the wind on all of them.

What is the deal with Hunter.  It wasn't just missing shots that sucked.  He just made god awful decisions to head down drive with no plan.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

To be fair, for some reason SA wasn't covering him....at all.  He had time to check the wind on all of them.

What is the deal with Hunter.  It wasn't just missing shots that sucked.  He just made god awful decisions to head down drive with no plan.

It's gonna take time. I don't think he realizes he's not explosive in space and without Trae, a lot of those driving lanes strink quick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There's no point getting the best players in the draft because they will get hurt or leave anyways. Got it.

Ooh, is that snark from the grumpy cat?  Careful.  That's your 'tell'.  Shows I got to you.

And you know that's not what I said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Should of just kept, 8, 10 and 17. Hunter's BBIQ and defensive prowess were oversold. Pelicans took us to the cleaners.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Still think we didn't get good value. But I guess they didn't want too many rookies.

That's debatable. Two way wings are rare. Atlanta did whatever it took to get one. They take time to develop. The hardest role in the NBA. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Should of just kept, 8, 10 and 17. Hunter's BBIQ and defensive prowess were oversold. Pelicans took us to the cleaners.

I agree completely. Hunter has completely unimpressed me this season. He's an old ass rookie too so the NBA transition should have been far easier for him than say Cam.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I agree completely. Hunter has completely unimpressed me this season. He's an old ass rookie too so the NBA transition should have been far easier for him than say Cam.

He played PF during his college career. It always takes a year for those types

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He played PF during his college career. It always takes a year for those types

I said similar things about JustAverage Winslow in MIA.  He also played 4 in college and had a slow transition to playing a true wang in the league.  It took him 4 years but he's finally become a good player.

I expect a similar transition for Hunter although I don't expect it to take 4 years considering Hunter is a vastly superior player.

This is what I feared when I hoped we didn't draft him.  I wanted instant results.  However, now that he's a Hawk, I gots no choice but to root for the light to switch on quickly.

I was also uninspired by his temperament.  He could 'hide' to a degree at UVA but he'll need to become a 'killah' for us.  Otherwise he's still Battier-ceiling guy, which is 'fine'.  But he has the tools to be so much better than that.  He's gotta want it tho.

Such a tease when you see those stretches where he's actually aggressive.  So talented.

• Like 4