• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

22 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I think by the time season ends we will realize we have two stars on Young and Collins and some robust building blocks in Huerter, Reddish, Hunter and Capela. After the draft we will another solid building block in Haliburton, Cole Anthony, Toppin or Okongwu and then the FO will need to decide. Clearly we will be lacking defense, size and some veteran presence, shooting will also be a priority. Assuming we get a backup PG on the draft I think we will go after a PF with shooting capability (Bertans and Wood are my options) a SF (Crowder I think fits best) and a wing (Joe Harris, Beasley, Korkmaz). These are my choices as FAs we should go after, make a solid team, make the playoffa and save cap for 2021. This team will be top 6 team

Young/Haliburton/Goodwin

Reddish/Huerter/Harris

Hunter/Crowder/Reddish

Collins/Wood/Crowder

Capela/Dedmon/Fernando

A rookie backup PG? Nah...I want a vet there..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

A rookie backup PG? Nah...I want a vet there..

Not as concerned next season, with Trae in his 3rd year, as I am to make sure we have a serious defensive asset somewhere in the PG depth chart.

I'm just tired of seeing people advocating to threw money at Joe Harris. We have Reddish with Huerter backing him up. 

Give a Reddick contract to Paul Milsap for a year and fill out the roster with one year deals. Crowder would be fine. 

Only multi-year contract I'd consider is Bertrans. Even then there's the issue of what if some way Giannis would actually sign here? Then we'd have him, Collins and Bertans all playing the same position. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

I'm just tired of seeing people advocating to threw money at Joe Harris. We have Reddish with Huerter backing him up. 

Give a Reddick contract to Paul Milsap for a year and fill out the roster with one year deals. Crowder would be fine. 

Only multi-year contract I'd consider is Bertrans. Even then there's the issue of what if some way Giannis would actually sign here? Then we'd have him, Collins and Bertans all playing the same position. 

Having those three playing the same position on our team would be a problem I would love to have!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For you people who have been advocating Brandon Ingram as the primary target for our 2020 free agency shopping list, I have news for you... he may have removed himself from that shopping list with just one incredibly inept game for someone who just made his first All-Star Game... I'm glad Trae's never had one of these clunkers this season, insofar as I would know...

• Premium Member

Not a fan. But here's a big who probably shouldn't be so easily forgotten... the guy who we reportedly were flirting with ahead of the deadline.

2020-03-02_2128.png

2020-03-02_2133.png

Good chance he will fit the profile of a cheap, young-but-not-too-young good-upside addition.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

After tonight's debacle, I think I'm right back on the Brandon Ingram train. Young players are going to have sucky nights. But it's good to have another horse you can ride to, at least, stay competitive in a game.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Welcome back my friends 
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside come inside

I see your ELP, and raise you a TDN.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Have to admit, ELP had the aura of being cooler. But I never bought an ELP album, so I don't actually know first-hand whether they were. I should download some of their stuff and give it a listen.

But TDN was funner. I listened to one of their lead guys do an Adam Corolla podcast about a year or so ago, and I could have listened to him for another hour or two. Great stories.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:25 PM, Jdawgflow said:

Having those three playing the same position on our team would be a problem I would love to have!

On 3/1/2020 at 9:10 PM, warcore said:

Signing Crowder and Bertans is my perfect off season. We need some toughness off the bench, Crowder is that. We need a stretch four to back up Collins, Bertans is that. Both of these players are use to coming off the bench. They are perfect fits as far as I am concerned. SAP on a one year deal, sure if Bertans cannot be had.

PG Trae, Teague, Goodwin, ( Draft Pick )

SG Huerter, Reddish, ( Draft Pick )

SF Hunter, Crowder, ( Draft Pick )

PF Collins, Bertans, Skal, ( Draft Pick )

C Capela, Dedmon, Fernando, ( Draft Pick )

Sub SAP for Bertans and we still make the playoffs. If not, LP should have his resume in order. Maybe a return to college ball would be a good move for him. I think Bertans is in for a big payday. He may be one of the, if not the, highest payed 6th men in the league next season.

Despite all the hoopla out of Washington, money is a problem for them. Hell, I could see Charlotte trying to pencil Bertans in as a starter and move PJ Washington to SF. Of course that means Charlotte would have to be smart like me. So maybe they don't look his way 🤣

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

#8 = Trae

2020-03-04_1929.png

#24 = JC

New lyrics...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

I sang 🎵 it. Nice song 👍🏾...I don’t like adding Ingram though. My vote 🗳 is still no on the young talented slim Jim.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sturt said:

#8 = Trae

2020-03-04_1929.png

#24 = JC

New lyrics...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Must be a collaboration between World B. Free and Metta World Peace am guessing.....or not.....Lennon is a deity.

• Like 2