• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Trae ran out of gas.  The Hawks need scoring and shooting from other areas.

they could have if they didn't leave Cam in the corner while running dribble hand offs to Huerter's weak behind. That's a** backwards

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I meant northcyde's boi could've played 30 minutes and it would've been an L. Magic were going on runs with him in too, he had the 2nd worst +/- of the notables.

Only thing you could've actually argued was playing him more for development and conceding wins...because honestly Bruno ain't good right now. 

this isn't logic. sounds personal. You're not making any sense sorry

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He could have played 30 minutes and the Hawks would've still lost, that's what I mean.

#BrunoFernandoisntgood

The small lineups causes all kinds of problems from a defensive standpoint.  Even the GM saw it.

Whether it be Bruno - Collins . . Jones - Collins . . Jones - Bruno . . . the Hawks pretty much have little choice but to stay with bigger lineups.  That way, if we're shooting bricks, maybe one of the bigs can grab an offensive rebound and get a put back score, like Orlando did on countless occasions tonight.

But let's stick with this Core 5 thing, and hope those guys become tough enough to play against lineups much bigger and stronger than they are.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Cwell said:

they could have if they didn't leave Cam in the corner while running dribble hand offs to Huerter's weak behind. That's a** backwards

I get he's only 21, but Heurter projects to be a role player.  The fact that he's not good defensively and can't really generate offense makes him a poor match with Trae in the backcourt.

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP will have to realize, the core 5 lineup only works v. Teams without very good or great centers. I don't know if this is TS telling him to play with this lineup but it's not good at all. On defense, it's trash, on offense, they are too hot and cold. I rather see Teague or Bruno with Trae and Cam.

So you actually agree with me, but don't want me to say anything critical about the coach.

LP in his press conference: "I gotta play some other guys a little bit more and see if they can create some "new" energy."

So there you go.  Maybe the Core 5 is done after 3 games . . lol.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So you actually agree with me, but don't want me to say anything critical about the coach.

LP in his press conference: "I gotta play some other guys a little bit more and see if they can create some "new" energy."

Good...If a guy is playing well, leave him in the game..if he's playing like shit, keep him on the bench. Simple..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who the hell is he going to play at this point?  He’s going to sink or swim based on the play of that core 5, and it’s more than likely that he’s going to sink in the name of “player development.”  

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree with a part of it. I just don't think that guy is Bruno at this time as you do but at times that guy is. In this case, I would have liked to see Bruno 

Just now, KB21 said:

Who the hell is he going to play at this point?  He’s going to sink or swim based on the play of that core 5, and it’s more than likely that he’s going to sink in the name of “player development.”  

It's not that those guys shouldn't get as many minutes.  They just can't get that many minutes together vs certain types of teams. If that lineup doesn't have it going offensively, they can't play extended minutes with each other.

Trae and Huerter are defensive negatives.  Collins is a defensive negative if he has to play the 5.  Hunter is a defensive negative ( at least from a rebounding standpoint ), if he has to play the 4.   Cam ( statistically ) is a defensive negative, but his positive defensive plays immediately turn into points.

Collins needs to play the 4 as much as possible.  Hunter needs to play the 3 as much as possible.  Cam can play both the 2 and the 3.   Huerter needs to strictly play the 2.  

We have Bruno, Dedmon, and Jones who can play the 5.  

Coach just has this obsession for playing his 5 guys, and it's a no-go against any team more physical than they are.

• Like 2