• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Giannis will be a Hawk

Spud2nique

• Moderators

It's within the realm of possibilities, but as long as the Bucks keep winning, they are the front runner to signing him. Giannis like Lillard has loyalty and it would take an epic collapse by the Bucks and possibly a dose of bad blood for them not to keep him. Giannis would also have to believe that Trae and whoever is left on the Hawks roster would be enough for a title run. Trae is charismatic, but he and Giannis has no better chance of a title run than Giannis's current situation. I think Capela for Embiid has a better chance of happening as the Sixers are not gelling as of late and Embiid with Simmons is a horrible pairing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 10:04 AM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I think Capela for Embiid has a better chance of happening as the Sixers are not gelling as of late and Embiid with Simmons is a horrible pairing.

I seem to recall some kat around here driving the "Embiid-to-Atlanta" bus. If I could just remember who that was...😑

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, hazer said:

I seem to recall some kat around here driving the "Embiid-to-Atlanta" bus. If I could just remember who that was...😑

Well ....since you mentioned Embiid 😆 

I may be reaching but I don’t think I am...with Embiids injury history and bad fit of him and Simmons ...I do NOT think it’s impossible to get Embiid to the hawks.

It probably sounds crazy but it’s really not that over the top nor is it automatic homerun for the hawks.....but if Schlenk offered (and I’m not saying this is a wise trade on our end) but say Schlenk offers capela, hawks 2020 first rd pick, plus a young core player outside of Trae/Cam...that guy Elton Brand would think long and hard about that deal for Embiid.

talent wise Trae and Embiid pairing would be dream come true but the scary thing for the hawks would obviously be the health of Embiid and that’s a big risk in any trade for Embiid. For the hawks It’s also possible this team would suffer more than the sixers do without Embiid during those times he’s  injured even after an improved overall roster. Yes Embiid is elite but can the hawks afford for him to miss 20 games per season? ...With a better Overall roster can trae/cam/collins  win enough games without Embiid in rotation ?.....that’s the issue with a trade for Embiid that would make Schlenk back out.

i don’t think it’s impossible to get Embiid to Atlanta and yet I also don’t necessarily think it’s aautomatic championship move either though Embiid is a complete elite player in my eyes those injuries are too serious to ignore.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Welcome back cat!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JTB said:

say Schlenk offers capela, hawks 2020 first rd pick, plus a young core player outside of Trae/Cam...that guy Elton Brand would think long and hard about that deal for Embiid.

I would do that trade - especially if the guy isn't Collins.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I would do that trade - especially if the guy isn't Collins.  

Well if it’s not Collins or Cam it would suggest Hunter in which Philly might hang up the phone 📱 

Capela+2020 1st+Hunter for Embiid...

No Philly isn’t doing that. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Well if it’s not Collins or Cam it would suggest Hunter in which Philly might hang up the phone 📱 

Capela+2020 1st+Hunter for Embiid...

No Philly isn’t doing that. 🤷‍♀️ 

Collins makes it much more balanced.  I'd rather rip them off.  How about that 2020 #1 overall pick, Elton?  Ooohhhh....shiny!!

• Haha 3