• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just let Westbrook shoot. He's a bricklayer.

So is Lamelo fortunately.. Cole Anthony isnt much bigger than Trae. lol. Nice young PG's in our division now with Trae, Melo, Anthony, etc...

Edited by terrell

I remember talking about how untradeable Westbrook, Wall, and CP3 were last offseason, but I guess it works if you trade them for each other. CP3 turned himself back into an asset, though, so good for him.

I think this trade probably makes life slightly harder for the Hawks, but it hopefully won't matter. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

I remember talking about how untradeable Westbrook, Wall, and CP3 were last offseason, but I guess it works if you trade them for each other. CP3 turned himself back into an asset, though, so good for him.

I think this trade probably makes life slightly harder for the Hawks, but it hopefully won't matter. 

How are Rui and Deni gonna develop playing with Beal and Westbrick? lol.. Gonna be interesting..

• Like 2

I live in Houston. Westbrook sucks. He has his moment but he Josh Smith Jr these days. No telling what this does for Houston as they are betting on Cousins and Wall which we don't know what we will get but I know Washington lost this trade.

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's a nice backcourt in Washington.  
I'm surprised at the move. The last 2 offseasons have been pretty crazy with the amount of STAR player movement.

Westbrook getting traded for a guy who hasnt played in 2 years is kinda sad...........................

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I live in Houston. Westbrook sucks. He has his moment but he Josh Smith Jr these days. No telling what this does for Houston as they are betting on Cousins and Wall which we don't know what we will get but I know Washington lost this trade.

Two guys that haven't played in 2 years? Good luck to them.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Harden didn't want to play with Westbrook again.

Wall wanted out since the GM said they were building the team around Beal.

I guess lose/lose for both teams!

They're building the team around Beal . . but they bring in one of the most ball dominant PGs in NBA history to play with him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two guys that haven't played in 2 years? Good luck to them.

Cousins more than Wall. None of Wall injuries happened to his dominant leg so there is a chance he is still the same player just with an added jumper like Ariza. That's a better player than the last Wall I saw during that season when he looked like he was regressing due to constant injuries. 

Cousins on the other hand has had injuries to his dominant leg and doesn't look like the same athlete and he's easily lost 30-40 pounds from his previous playing days.

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The Westbrook for Wall only makes sense if they are keeping Harden. 

Agreed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cousins more than Wall. None of Wall injuries happened to his dominant leg so there is a chance he is still the same player just with an added jumper like Ariza. That's a better player than the last Wall I saw during that season when he looked like he was regressing due to constant injuries. 

Cousins on the other hand has had injuries to his dominant leg and doesn't look like the same athlete and he's easily lost 30-40 pounds from his previous playing days.

Agreed. 

I think there's almost no chance Wall is as good as we last saw him.  Dominant leg?  Recessive leg?  Doesn't matter because of over-compensation.  I think he's on the road of recurring injury now.

Agree on Cousins.

ETA: And furthermore on Wall, you don't get better by not playing for 2 full years.  I don't buy these reports that he went out and suddenly became a plus jump shooter.  Incremental improvement?  Sure, but that's about it.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think there's almost no chance Wall is as good as we last saw him.  Dominant leg?  Recessive leg?  Doesn't matter because of over-compensation.  I think he's on the road of recurring injury now.

Agree on Cousins.

ETA: And furthermore on Wall, you don't get better by not playing for 2 full years.  I don't buy these reports that he went out and suddenly became a plus jump shooter.  Incremental improvement?  Sure, but that's about it.

I disagree but we will see who's right and who's wrong soon. Ultimately, it wasn't his dominant leg and that matters. Also, John is one of the most freakish athletes I've seen for the sport in terms of complete athlete. He can lose some and still be fine as long as he gained in other areas, mainly shooting. 

I think he could be 2017 John Wall with volume three point shooting, just in more limited minutes for this type of season. We will see. 

There is a reason I why I am sky high on Wall. I know what his game looks like. I've been to over 200 of his games. I know his quickness, I know his first step, I know his game. John looks like the old John. You can't fake that quickness and that speed. He would either have it, or he won't. You also can't fake that improved shooting stroke. The footwork on it. He's made major improvements on his game. I honestly think James knew what John is and jump ahead of this before they pulled John off the market because he's way too good for a Westbrook trade.