• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Okongwu will be in College Park to rehab

So that's Bruno's spot.  And he might not give it up even when Okongwu is healthy.

I concur. Not only from the foot, but he hasn't played meaningful basketball for 11 months, he has a playbook to learn and get acclimated to his teammates in particular and the NBA life in general. I think Bruno gets the backup nod to start the season. I think the Hawks will be cautious with his foot and bring him along slowly. We'll know more about his progress when training camp starts if he's good to go or not.

This is the last update from his 2nd MRI.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I concur. Not only from the foot, but he hasn't played meaningful basketball for 11 months, he has a playbook to learn and get acclimated to his teammates in particular and the NBA life in general. I think Bruno gets the backup nod to start the season. I think the Hawks will be cautious with his foot and bring him along slowly. We'll know more about his progress when training camp starts if he's good to go or not.

This is the last update from his 2nd MRI.

People are trying to leave Bruno for dead.

Bruno will get the last laugh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

All the way from College Park?

🤔

Okongwu is not more skilled than Bruno.  He plays hella aggressive around the rim, especially on defense,  But overall skill?

Nah.

Burno has him on overall skill.

When Capela gets flipped for that final piece of the puzzle ( possibly another close to all-star wing shooter ), Bruno and Okongwu will be a nice 1 - 2 punch at the center spot.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

I always liked MKG.

He's joining Randle, Knox, Noel, and Quickley on the Kentucky North Knicks. Hope Calipari doesn't join them.

It is like they are trying gather all the lesser cats in the NBA.  We sure DeAndre Liggins isn’t somewhere on the roster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Okongwu is not more skilled than Bruno.  He plays hella aggressive around the rim, especially on defense,  But overall skill?

Nah.

Burno has him on overall skill.

When Capela gets flipped for that final piece of the puzzle ( possibly another close to all-star wing shooter ), Bruno and Okongwu will be a nice 1 - 2 punch at the center spot.

Yawn.

Capela is going nowhere any time soon.  Based on who we drafted, take this opportunity to hitch to another bench-wagon, cyde.  We won't hold it against you. 

Last year Bruno was not ready to play, he was lost on the court. Okongwu is a freshman rookie, is going to take a while until he figures out how to be effective on the court. Is very likely they have negative effect on the court next year. We are thin at backup Center, we need an upgrade there 

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Last year Bruno was not ready to play, he was lost on the court. Okongwu is a freshman rookie, is going to take a while until he figures out how to be effective on the court. Is very likely they have negative effect on the court next year. We are thin at backup Center, we need an upgrade there 

Maybe we Shouldve kept Dedmon? Any more bigs available just in case? lol..Hills contract isnt guaranteed, so there is always a spot...

Edited by terrell

I forgot one or 2 people. 5.5 million over the cap right now.

2020-21 Atlanta Hawks Salary Cap Totals

This team is currently "hard-capped", which means their Total Taxable Salaries may not exceed $138,928,000 at any point during the season.

CAP TYPE CAP TOTAL
Active Roster Cap $113,950,371
Dead Money $744,684
Total Cap Allocations $114,695,055
2020 NBA Salary Cap Max $109,140,000
Cap Max Space $-5,555,055
Practical Cap Space

$-3,953,462