• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uh oh...Ice vs The Baptist

HawkItus

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Collins is a big who lacks great movement, ball handling skills, and passing skills. Its obvious he would prefer a much slower deliberate offense. That does not make it right for the rest of the team. T

This makes no sense. Hawks are best when they play with pace which fits Collins and he excels in it, ball and player movement is essential.  And again your only focus is Collins' touches when it's more than that.

• getting into quicker offensive sets limits the opposing teams set defense, time and circumstance matter in the early shot clock 3s, nothing worse than an ill timed 3 when trying to get back in a game and there is no one to rebound, what wrong with more ball movement and offensive flow which is what we saw in the first 5 games

From the 3rd quarter of the Cavs game - the offense has not had the same offensive flow and I have no issue with JC speaking on it during team review.  He didn't do this after the 1st 5 games, this happened after the Knicks game and we know how that game went after the Cavs meltdown the previous game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes no sense. Hawks are best when they play with pace which fits Collins and he excels in it, ball and player movement is essential.  And again your only focus is Collins' touches when it's more than that.

• getting into quicker offensive sets limits the opposing teams set defense, time and circumstance matter in the early shot clock 3s, nothing worse than an ill timed 3 when trying to get back in a game and there is no one to rebound, what wrong with more ball movement and offensive flow which is what we saw in the first 5 games

From the 3rd quarter of the Cavs game - the offense has not had the same offensive flow and I have no issue with JC speaking on it during team review.  He didn't do this after the 1st 5 games, this happened after the Knicks game and we know how that game went after the Cavs meltdown the previous game.

I totally disagree with you. Collins wants all this to suit his game. Capela even alluded to that in his talk with Trae about the ever selfish D12 and ever selfish Harden butting heads over D12 wanting his touches. Collins may have veiled it well but the last bullet point was all about him.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I totally disagree with you. Collins wants all this to suit his game. Capela even alluded to that in his talk with Trae about the ever selfish D12 and ever selfish Harden butting heads over D12 wanting his touches. Collins may have veiled it well but the last bullet point was all about him.

and I totally disagree with you.

And I'm seeing these headlines: Trae Young on reports of recent criticism from his teammates: 'You learn and you grow'....so maybe not only Collins.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

and I totally disagree with you.

Here is the part you left out of bullet #3.

Sources tell The Athletic that .... He also said he wants to be more involved in the offense and would like to see more ball movement and flow.

Until he learns how to pass the ball, 16 touches a game is more than enough for a non distributor.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Here is the part you left out of bullet #3.

Sources tell The Athletic that .... He also said he wants to be more involved in the offense and would like to see more ball movement and flow.

Until he learns how to pass the ball, 16 touches a game is more than enough for a non distributor.

And I explained what my thought was on that.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, aali34 said:

- I don't know if Win shares is a fair metric to use for a tanking team.

- They did put up similar numbers, but John did so on better efficiency.

- I don't think JC has been playing bad defense this year either, the early fouls are an issue though.

PER is a fair point. 

At the very least they were comparable, same ball park so to speak, even the ages are similar. The max is not the same ballpark as those deals. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We can't just let John walk. You either trade him and pay him market value.

I agree, I think some team will want to pay way more than what would usually be fair market value because free agency is looking barren. Maybe we can work out a sign and trade if that's the case. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I agree, I think some team will want to pay way more than what would usually be fair market value because free agency is looking barren. Maybe we can work out a sign and trade if that's the case. 

If the Hawks don't decide he's a max player before the deadline, then they should trade him because some team will offer him the max.  No since in carrying that into the offseason.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If the Hawks don't decide he's a max player before the deadline, then they should trade him because some team will offer him the max.  No since in carrying that into the offseason.

How many non all stars have been signed to a max deal? Has that ever happened? 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks are really missing Gallo.  Aside from that, they need another guy who can consistently generate and create on offense besides Trae.

To beat the Hornets?  We spent all that money in free agency and still need more players to beat New York and Charlotte?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

How many non all stars have been signed to a max deal? Has that ever happened? 

I'm not sure and maybe max is the wrong word, but some team who clear the deck for the 2021 offseason is going to offer more than the Hawks reportedly did and I think Collins and his agent probably have a good sense of that.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

So capela agreed to collins comments about the offense? 

was that in the athletic article? 

The way I read it, it sounds like Clint went to his star and, seeing similarities between him and Harden, gave him some advice.  Probably less about the offense and more about leadership and not letting the situation divide the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I want to reiterate something that me and others have said over and over.  This team's offense is only effective when the players are hitting threes.  Most of is because of Pierce's vision of how to score but some of is how Trae Young plays the game.  Posters want to continue to trash John's game for some strange reason when he has been the most consistent Hawks.  They want to continue to think that John is the empty stats guy but Trae's stats are meaningful even though the Hawks winning percentage improves when John plays vs Trae.  I agree with John, Capela and @JayBirdHawk,  John needs to be more involved in the offense and Trae needs to make better decisions on the court.  If those 2 things happen, the Hawks will be tough to beat.  Oh yeah I forgot to add...Keep the ball out of Reddish's hands on offense for now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Of course it's happened: De'Aaron Fox just this past off season, Chandler Parsons (yes he did), Otto Porter, Mike Conley (unbelievable no allstar right) and everyone's favorite whipping boy Andrew Wiggins.😁,  I'm sure there are more.

You're on fire tonight Jbird!  Get um!

• Haha 1