• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm glad he's not too worried about it, but I sure hope he understands that if he doesn't get it worked out soon, they could be fighting out of a huge hole the rest of the season. I'm a broken record in saying the Hawks go as he goes.

In 2+ seasons with the Hawks, Trae has played 150 games:

If he scores 30 or less pts:  Hawks are 32-83 for a .278 winning %

When he scores 31 or more pts: Hawks are 19-16 for a .542 winning %.

Even this year when they have had a combination of better players (compared to 2 previous years), Trae avg 33 pts in the 4 wins and 18 pts in the 5 losses. And those 5 losses have been by an avg of 6 pts per game.  Despite poor shooting at various times from Cam, Bogie, and Huerter, the Hawks would very likely have 6 or 7 wins right now if they had even an average performance from Trae during those losses.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm glad he's not too worried about it, but I sure hope he understands that if he doesn't get it worked out soon, they could be fighting out of a huge hole the rest of the season. I'm a broken record in saying the Hawks go as he goes.

In 2+ seasons with the Hawks, Trae has played 150 games:

If he scores 30 or less pts:  Hawks are 32-83 for a .278 winning %

When he scores 31 or more pts: Hawks are 19-16 for a .542 winning %.

Even this year when they have had a combination of better players (compared to 2 previous years), Trae avg 33 pts in the 4 wins and 18 pts in the 5 losses. And those 5 losses have been by an avg of 6 pts per game.  Despite poor shooting at various times from Cam, Bogie, and Huerter, the Hawks would very likely have 6 or 7 wins right now if they had even an average performance from Trae during those losses.    

Yep.  I cited some of those same numbers last season.

Trae has time and time again compensated for the bad shooting of his teammates, and had monster games.  The question now is, who can do that for the Hawks when Trae shoots bad?

It's still baffling that Collins, after the great start he had, only got 3 shots after the 1st quarter. I want to see this offense go through the hot hand, when Trae isn't on.  Not just giving the green light to the "open" man.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Time to give the 2ways and Bruno some playing time for tomorrow nights game against Philly. Rondo should be back after his 3 game management plan for the westcoast trip.

Young, Goodwin, Mays
Reddish, Huerter
Hunter, Hill
Collins, Bruno
Capela, Knight

maybe Snell.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time to give the 2ways and Bruno some playing time for tomorrow nights game against Philly. Rondo should be back after his 3 game management plan for the westcoast trip.

Young, Goodwin, Mays
Reddish, Huerter
Hunter, Hill
Collins, Bruno
Capela, Knight

maybe Snell.

Maxey and Embiid probably gonna eat. Gotta limit everyone else.

41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Steph has been playing great though. 

Doesn't matter.  That dude went 2 - 16 tonight, but he hit a huge shot to keep them in the game after they had completely collapsed in the 4th quarter.

The fact is that his teammates stepped up and helped him out.  His brother in law even made the game winning FTs at the end.

This is what the Hawks need to start doing.  If your star doesn't have it, someone else has to step up and possibly win the game.

• Thanks 2