• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

1st 4 game for Trae: 33pts / 8.25ast / 50.7% fg / 34.8% 3pt / 15 fta / Hawks 3-1

Last 5: 18pts / 9.0ast / 33.3% fg / 22.2% 3pt / 6fta / Hawks 1-4

It ain't rocket science.  Hawks go as Trae goes by and large.

Yes, they have more depth to withstand a minor slump from Trae but that depth is either hurt or inconsistent. 

Hawks really miss Gallo.

Also, LP not gonna be around much longer imo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once nba.com video renders all of the stats, I'm going to look at those 16 offensive rebounds, and see what came out of it.  Like @JayBirdHawk said earlier, I'm expecting to see a whole lot of passes to the 3 point line, instead of trying to attack the basket.  If you attack the basket after an offensive rebound, you're more likely to either score, or draw a foul.

Facts. Only Trae attacked from my recollection but he was getting abused and blocked. He wasn't getting any love from the ref

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once nba.com video renders all of the stats, I'm going to look at those 16 offensive rebounds, and see what came out of it.  Like @JayBirdHawk said earlier, I'm expecting to see a whole lot of passes to the 3 point line, instead of trying to attack the basket.  If you attack the basket after an offensive rebound, you're more likely to either score, or draw a foul.

We had 17 offensive rebounds we probably scored 8 points off those - probably from Capela and JC with putbacks.  Everything else was from 3.

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah.  When Steve Nash cried about it, they stopped calling it.

Now it's time for Trae to adjust.  But the team and coach need to also make the game easier for Trae.

So the mentor mightve just ruined his protege's game...smh

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 2

It will be interesting to see what LP says about this one. To me its very similar to most of the other losses. The three ball is not dropping. But instead of attacking the paint we play small and keep shooting.

• Like 1

There was no reason to be super tight on Trea before because u cant win when its just one guy - this is clearly no the adv - the league thought he was a superstar or heading that way and now he is just a guy - its hard to watch but hopefully its just an adjustment.  

Just now, hylndr11 said:

There was no reason to be super tight on Trea before because u cant win when its just one guy - this is clearly no the adv - the league thought he was a superstar or heading that way and now he is just a guy - its hard to watch but hopefully its just an adjustment.  

Trae is definitely a star, borderline superstar. He's in a slump, similar to what Paul George went though in the bubble.

Trae will snap out of it and start playing well again.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

He certainly isn't helping himself with the types of 3's he attempts either. He needs to move off the ball and get some catch and shoot looks. 

They don't get it man...Don't waste your time talking about it.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is definitely a star, borderline superstar. He's in a slump, similar to what Paul George went though in the bubble.

Trae will snap out of it and start playing well again.

PG can at least defend when hes struggling on offense..

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

1st 4 game for Trae: 33pts / 8.25ast / 50.7% fg / 34.8% 3pt / 15 fta / Hawks 3-1

Last 5: 18pts / 9.0ast / 33.3% fg / 22.2% 3pt / 6fta / Hawks 1-4

It ain't rocket science.  Hawks go as Trae goes by and large.

Yes, they have more depth to withstand a minor slump from Trae but that depth is either hurt or inconsistent. 

Hawks really miss Gallo.

Also, LP not gonna be around much longer imo. 

Is he injured or something? He looks like second half of season at Oklahoma bad.

• Like 2