• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Look at my boy Dre

Drawing them organic fouls and not them bait fouls that Trae tries to get

LOL . . fouls are fouls.

A bait foul is like a bait car.   If you get caught trying to steal a bait car, instead of organically stealing a car that is locked, you're still going to jail.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . fouls are fouls.

A bait foul is like a bait car.   If you get caught trying to steal a bait car, instead of organically stealing a car that is locked, you're still going to jail.

There's a reason Refs have stopped calling it for Trae lol

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Cwell said:

Cam just said eff the mid range pull up huh? shooting nothing but 3's is not sustainable

Were playing spreadsheet basketball and its ugly.  Shooting this many threes doesnt work unless 1. we make the open ones and 2. we have good slashers to get to the rim and actually finish.  This entire team looks AWFUL around the rim

Just now, DS5 said:

Yeah I know it's easy to blame the coach but seriously what else should he do? Play Skylar Mays more minutes? Make the open 3 shots himself? I don't get the LP hate. 

what more else could he do?! Uh how about ACTUALLY COACH?! What do you think a coach's job is? Anybody that actually knows hoops can see clear as day Pierce does a terrible job as a coach. He doesn't have a stamp on this team at all besides the erratic play

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Were playing spreadsheet basketball and its ugly.  Shooting this many threes doesnt work unless 1. we make the open ones and 2. we have good slashers to get to the rim and actually finish.  This entire team looks AWFUL around the rim

They aren't really playing around the rim though.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, DS5 said:

This is not on LP. Bench is decimated, nobody can make a wide open 3. Our roster was built to shoot a boatload of 3s and that's exactly what we're doing, with good open looks, but guys are just missing. And of course it doesn't help that our best player is going through the worst shooting slump of his career. 

I 100% agree with the open three thing. I just don’t like how we are doing it. The mentality of “I’m open, let me shoot” isn’t what we need. The spacing in today’s NBA allows so many open threes. I want to see more of these shots coming after offensive rebounds, PnR plays with another pass or two, etc.

Not just the pass to you, pass back to me and shoot stuff. The team is learning to play together, but there has been an obvious drop offensively since they started practicing and thinking more about it.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

We ain't winning shit when 

Bogi is 1-5 from 3

Trae is 0-5 from 3

Cam is 4-13 from 3

Kevin is 3-13 from 3

If that is your offense then no.  But that has been LP's offense since he has been here.  Just jack up 3's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Having Big O will do wonders for us around the rim. Teams are realizing how bad we are at mid range. They are selling out defending the 3 for anyone not named Cam and Goodwin and forcing them into the mid range. This is a good strategy to be honest if you got firey defenders like Charlotte against us