• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hornets wouldnt do that. Only Schlenk would take the 6'0 guy over the 6'8 one......lol

I just cant stand the over dribbling, reminds me of Allen Iverson. That's not winning basketball. Look how decisive Melo is, and how they get right into their sets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Is he injured or something? He looks like second half of season at Oklahoma bad.

2nd half OU  was awfully bad and then we trade for him.......Imagine that...No wonder I was pissed..😀

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Everyone killing Trea. I honestly think  Trea is probably proving a point to LP and JC for calling him out in the film room. So he’s doing what they want him to do. He’s playing off the ball and letting other players handle the ball to prove a point. Now he is also just turning the ball over and not hitting any shots but I think he’s trying to let them know they’re better off letting him dominate the ball and everyone else around him play D, hit threes and cut to the rim. If they rather have him play off ball then he’s showing them what that looks like.
It might be a bit petty on his part but honestly if it helps getting LP out of here quicker and JC traded for something. It might actually be the best thing he could do.

4 minutes ago, timebomb said:

Everyone killing Trea. I honestly think  Trea is probably proving a point to LP and JC for calling him out in the film room. So he’s doing what they want him to do. He’s playing off the ball and letting other players handle the ball to prove a point. Now he is also just turning the ball over and not hitting any shots but I think he’s trying to let them know they’re better off letting him dominate the ball and everyone else around him play D, hit threes and cut to the rim. If they rather have him play off ball then he’s showing them what that looks like.
It might be a bit petty on his part but honestly if it helps getting LP out of here quicker and JC traded for something. It might actually be the best thing he could do.

This is the dumbest post I have ever read. Please tell me you're a bot?

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

This is the dumbest post I have ever read. Please tell me you're a bot?

Nope. There’s been articles written about it. Three sources in the locker room. There’s been multiple articles written about it. They’re already in trade talks about JC. 

1 minute ago, timebomb said:

Nope. There’s been articles written about it. Three sources in the locker room. There’s been multiple articles written about it. They’re already in trade talks about JC. 

So he's intentionally playing bad to prove a point? Yes, we aren't as good when Trae plays bad, not exactly surprising. I've criticized his play but no way would Trae be so immature and unprofessional as to actually play bad on purpose. If he did he's not the guy to lead this team. But Trae is a competitor, he wants to win and to play well, your assertions are baseless.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So he's intentionally playing bad to prove a point? Yes, we aren't as good when Trae plays bad, not exactly surprising. I've criticized his play but no way would Trae be so immature and unprofessional as to actually play bad on purpose. If he did he's not the guy to lead this team. But Trae is a competitor, he wants to win and to play well, your assertions are baseless.

Lebron and Kobe have done this before and it was immature. I said it was petty. But it proves a point. A 30 point a game scorer can become a 10 point a game scorer easy. The point is that doesn’t help win games as much as some other payers on the team might think so. It proves this team is at it’s best when he dominates the ball. Which he will in the near future. And JC will be traded this year but Shelnk will wait for the best offer. But I do think Trea is probably immature but he’s growing and is our future not JC.

A lot of these NBA players are super sensitive KD wanted out of a great situation in GS because the fans  liked Steph better. Which again was widely reported. These guys have egos. 

Edited by timebomb

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I didn’t see the game live, watching the replay now.  Ball’s floor game is exceptional.  After pushing Capela away from a screen, the very next play he runs with him on a fast break, and is on an island for about 5 seconds.  He pushes him away from the basket, then fronts him to deny a pass attempt.  Wtf.  He carries himself like the slick leader of the team already.  He even points back at his teammates after they point at him after an assist (so 80s). 

I’m loving this crop of more mature, pass first, economy dribble, rebounding, body sacrificing, communicating guards.  In addition to guys like SGA, Ja, and Nunn, in comes Ball and Halliburton with remarkable efficiency, already stealing crucial 4th quarter minutes from more experienced players.  

Ja, Hali, and Melo got better PG skills than Trae

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Give it time and he will pass Trae

Especially with Trae being 100% useless on the defensive end. I can see it happening

He's already better than Trae. Hunter is playing like a vet, his maturation was really fast. Then again, he doesn't carry the same burden as Trae does. I think Trae will be what he is now forever. Some amazing games to get our hopes up, followed by and a lot of stinkers. So much for playoff hopes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Yall can hate on Trae all you want but the reality is they can't win unless Trae goes off like he's capable of. 

The the coach, the team and the fans are all hostages? If so, I say ship his butt out ASAP. 

If in order to win we have to wait for Trae's transcendent play to show up, we are in a terrible spot.

Check out all the talk about "Rookie of the year."  Hawks never mentioned because agent 0017 has never set foot on the floor in any game.  This hurts.  He's our #6 pick this year.

Another Hawk rookie, Nathan Knight, enters the game.  Has a great block.  Exits.  These one minute games are using up his games as a two way player.  Why?  (And he wasn't drafted)  

Trae in a terrible, terrible slump with his 3 point shots.  Now, he has a two game with -0- 3's.  He's tight.  Hawks depend on his scoring.  Haliburton was available but we passed.  Hornets have a great rookie PG and Atlanta doesn't. Skylar Mays doesn't even sit on our bench now.

We all carp about the coaching of LP.  Yet, our star PG is in a slump.  Our bench is empty with injuries to so many key players.  LP has a great defensive minded coach on his team, yet we have a very poor defense.

Before the season began, we would have been fairly satisfied with the record we have now.  But, with the opening games that we had made us believe.  Then, this.  

We worry and fret.  But, remember this.  The Hornets are good.  Probably the surprise team in the east.  And, apparently they have our number.  Keep an eye on them as we go forward.

Meanwhile, let's win another game !!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, DS5 said:

Those new tools are all injured. 

The roster is better over the last week than we were last year and the bulk of the lineup have played together long enough that I understand is not winning every game (of course) but not looking like disorganized garbage.  

• Like 2

The only positive I am willing to take from this game is the free throw line for us. Over 80% which would help grab a win in a super tight game. Even CC hit 3 of 4 at the line. Maybe our shooting coach has been working overtime?