• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, DS5 said:

This is not on LP. Bench is decimated, nobody can make a wide open 3. Our roster was built to shoot a boatload of 3s and that's exactly what we're doing, with good open looks, but guys are just missing. And of course it doesn't help that our best player is going through the worst shooting slump of his career. 

Bench is decimated:  True . . . but LP doesn't have to go small.  He can stay big.  He'll just have to sacrifice the playing time of one of the wings.

Roster was built to shoot a boatload of 3s:  True . . . but now it's time to adjust.   Those guys miss good open looks, because they're not high percentage 3 point shooters.

Trae is slumping:  True . . . and yet, he was only ( -2 ) for this game.  Which means that when he was off the floor, the Hawks were ( -6 )

Hawks were in position numerous times to take the lead or win the game.  But every time LP opts to go small, bad things happen to this lineup.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We ain't winning shit when 

Bogi is 1-5 from 3

Trae is 0-5 from 3

Cam is 4-13 from 3

Kevin is 3-13 from 3

Problem is that we keep taking then when they aren't dropping. They were mostly open, but we've got to start getting more attempts at run and even midrange shots.

9 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Yeah I know it's easy to blame the coach but seriously what else should he do? Play Skylar Mays more minutes? Make the open 3 shots himself? I don't get the LP hate. 

Mays cant be any worse than Trae. At least they wont hunt him down on defense..

It's insane people can watch a team, with no identity, no offensive philosophy, no off ball movement, horrible rotations, horrible situational basketball etc. and think there isn't a coaching problem. You can't get on Trae for not moving off the ball, when there aren't gonna be any off ball screens set for him to get free. So many simple things that go back to lack of coaching, lack of identity, lack of creativity, lack of EVERYTHING....i'm just wasting my time at this point smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah.  When Steve Nash cried about it, they stopped calling it.

Now it's time for Trae to adjust.  But the team and coach need to also make the game easier for Trae.

They swallowed the whistle for Trae since the 1st Brooklyn game

• Like 1

Once nba.com video renders all of the stats, I'm going to look at those 16 offensive rebounds, and see what came out of it.  Like @JayBirdHawk said earlier, I'm expecting to see a whole lot of passes to the 3 point line, instead of trying to attack the basket.  If you attack the basket after an offensive rebound, you're more likely to either score, or draw a foul.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cwell said:

It's insane people can watch a team, with no identity, no offensive philosophy, no off ball movement, horrible rotations, horrible situational basketball etc. and think there isn't a coaching problem. You can't get on Trae for not moving off the ball, when there aren't gonna be any off ball screens set for him to get free. So many simple things that go back to lack of coaching, lack of identity, lack of creativity, lack of EVERYTHING....i'm just wasting my time at this point smh

We actually had off Ball movement in this game. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Having Big O will do wonders for us around the rim. Teams are realizing how bad we are at mid range. They are selling out defending the 3 for anyone not named Cam and Goodwin and forcing them into the mid range. This is a good strategy to be honest if you got firey defenders like Charlotte against us

We don't run any sets for midrange opportunities - it's either at the rim or 3.

7 minutes ago, Carmine said:

4t8rdr.jpg

been saying this. A bunch of talent with shit philosophy, no creativity and no direction.

Oh yeah I forget non existent in game management. No adjustments. "Whatever I wrote on this clipboard the night before is what we're gonna do regardless of what happens. If it doesn't work.....oh well I got nothing then.........lack of energy will be my excuse"

Edited by Cwell