• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I just caught up and finished the game. This might have been the worst I've seen Cam Reddish play on both ends since the Clippers blowout last season where he was a -48. 

His defense was horrendous till the last 4 minutes. Milwaukee completely played to his aggression. 

That said, Hunter was excellent offensively but rough defensively. 

Collins was similar. 

Solo actually looked good for his standard.

Gallo was critical. 

I was disappointed with Rondo, Goodwin, and Huerter.

LP had his moments and had bad moments as well.

This lost to me is on Cam Reddish. Not that he would have won if he played well because we wasn't going to win but it would have been better. 

Ultimately, we got zero from the SGs.

I wouldnt even call them shooting guards right now..How about just guards? smh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

He was one of the most efficient bigs in the country in college, Id like more than 4 points a game. 

He has to have opportunities to score though.  If guys are just launching 3s all willy nillyand not putting him in the offensive action how is he gonna score?

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

He was one of the most efficient bigs in the country in college, Id like more than 4 points a game. 

Does he even know the offense???  The Guy is 19 and hasn't practiced with the team.  He is going on raw athleticism.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

O.k.  We have to talk about this.  What is up with Randy Moss @NBASupes  His BBIQ is the lowest on the team.  Will it get better?

This was his worst game of his career to me outside of that Clipper debacle last year where he looked like he didn't want to show up. Milwaukee played to his aggression and his BBIQ was the worst I've seen in awhile from him. He was ass. Super ass. His defense was just as bad as his offense. That's unusual for Reddish. I am used of him having awful offensive games but his defense cost us more than anything. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This was his worst game of his career to me outside of that Clipper debacle last year where he looked like he didn't want to show up. Milwaukee played to his aggression and his BBIQ was the worst I've seen in awhile from him. He was ass. Super ass. His defense was just as bad as his offense. That's unusual for Reddish. I am used of him having awful offensive games but his defense cost us more than anything. 

What do you do???  He is not playing smart basketball.  And just wants to jack up 3's

Just now, Peoriabird said:

What do you do???  He is not playing smart basketball.  And just wants to jack up 3's

What type of question is this? I want him to play his normal Basketball. Good defender. All over the place covering ground. Making an impact and everything easier for others defensively. 

Offensively, making the shots you take. I would like to see more of that PnR action where he threw the oop to Okongwu. I would like to see him be more of a threat with the ball. Attacking Giannis off the dribble looked a lot like Edwards attacking Capela a couple nights ago.

When he comes in the game, he needs to add value. Hopefully on both ends.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What type of question is this? I want him to play his normal Basketball. Good defender. All over the place covering ground. Making an impact and everything easier for others defensively. 

Offensively, making the shots you take. I would like to see more of that PnR action where he threw the oop to Okongwu. I would like to see him be more of a threat with the ball. Attacking Giannis off the dribble looked a lot like Edwards attacking Capela a couple nights ago.

When he comes in the game, he needs to add value. Hopefully on both ends.

I think Cam wants to be the star!  He doesn't want to play complimentary basketball meaning set up Hunter or John when they are making shots.  He still has that hero ball in him and he isn't a good enough shooter to play that way but yet he does.  To me that screams low BBIQ!

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kevin shouldn't even bother going to the rack for a score. He's a terrible finisher. Just dish it off to a big or kick it back out.

Bogi?

He stinks too according to Peo..lol. He wants a 2 way player that not available. I was hoping Cam was that guy, but IDk.....I know Beal sucks at defense, but he cant be any worse than Huerter..lol

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cam has to start in order for this thing to work but he can't continue to play the way he plays on offense.  He just has to change his mentality.

Not if he keeps shooting like this..Dude cant buy a bucket...And his defense was bad too..

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think Cam wants to be the star!  He doesn't want to play complimentary basketball mean set up Hunter or John when they are making shots.  He still has that hero ball in him and he isn't a good enough shooter to play that way but yet he does.  To me that screams low BBIQ!

Obviously that's the goal. He's just not ready yet. He's too unpolished. The difference between him and Hunter is, you can tell Hunter improved in the offseason. With Reddish, I seen massive defensive improvement outside of obviously tonight. He still has many of the issues we saw last year. It's clear that the only area of improvement that we see is foul throwing drawing and rebounding but his FT drawing was good from Jan on. 

Honestly, he didn't get the amount of work he needed to this offseason and it shows. In the preseason, he looked excellent but he was hitting shots. Especially threes at a 37.5% clip. It's clear, if Cam shot is going, he's going to produce. But his shot mechanics is inconsistent. 

Ultimately, so much of his game falls on that jumper. His shot selection also does no favors. His stepback mid is one of the worst shots in his tool kit while he dribble pullup mid is his best. He barely uses it. 

A lot of Cam issue is just letting the game come to him. Hunter today was just letting things come to him. Did he force some shots, sure but there was a layup he did where he got the defense out of sorts and took it up, faked, and did a nice ass move on Middleton to score. 

Cam had a play where he could have drawn a foul on Giannis. Instead of taking it to Giannis body. He tried to beat Giannis to the spot for a layup. Massive mistake. 

There are things Cam can easily improve just by letting the game come to him. 

Say what you want about Kevin but I liked a lot of his moves even if the end result was garbage on offense. He just couldn't finish like JC or Hunter. Cam on the other hand just takes shots and takes that don't make sense. The stepback mid was just awful. And when you are open, get your body set. It's clear, confidence plays a massive role into his game. I wish he was more forget the last play like Hunter, JC, Capela, Kevin, and Trae is. 

He's going to be a challenge for the coaches. Because the talent he has like Marquez Johnson was saying is special but putting it all together is a tough. This isn't AAU. This is possession by possession Basketball. De'Andre is our best on the team at understanding that. Getting Cam to come along is our biggest challenge. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Not if he keeps shooting like this..Dude cant buy a bucket...And his defense was bad too..

You don't necessarily have to hit a bunch shots to have an impact on the game...Y'all been LP'ed to depth into thinking that shooting is everything.  It ain't!