• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You don't necessarily have to hit a bunch shots to have an impact on the game...Y'all been LP'ed to depth into thinking that shooting is everything.  It ain't!

Well not just shooting. Scoring in general. We need some type of offense from the 2 guard position..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Well not just shooting. Scoring in general. We need some type of offense from the 2 guard position..

Kevin has given us offense in the last 3 games outside of tonight. He had to deal with two of the better defensive wings in Donte D and Middleton. Holiday and Giannis doesn't make things easy either.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Some of y'all wanted Issac Okoro who is far from a scorer or shooter so even some of y'all don't believe that the shooting guard position has to be great at shooting all of the time.  He can impact the game in other ways.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Kevin has given us offense in the last 3 games outside of tonight. He had to deal with two of the better defensive wings in Donte D and Middleton. Holiday and Giannis doesn't make things easy either.

I wish he could get to the line more. And was a more aggressive player.. But yeah, hes been decent before tonight..Still not starting material imo..

I wish he could get to the line more. And was a more aggressive player.. But yeah, hes been decent before tonight..Still not starting material imo..

He doesn't get to the line because there's no need to foul him, he cant finish at the rim. He should just stick to what he does best.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Some of y'all wanted Issac Okoro who is far from a scorer or shooter so even some of y'all don't believe that the shooting guard position has to be great at shooting all of the time.  He can impact the game in other ways.

Well this is LP's offense we're talking about.. We're gonna shoot 3's. Thats just how it is..Its why I soured on Okoro..

Just now, bleachkit said:

He doesn't get to the line because there's no need to foul him, he cant finish at the rim. He should just stick to what he does best.

And what is that?

• Premium Member

Well this is LP's offense we're talking about.. We're gonna shoot 3's. Thats just how it is..Its why I soured on Okoro..

So that is on LP not Cam.  This is why LP will never win anything.  That strategy doesn't work period!

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

At least Okoro can slash and finish at the rim...Kev cant do that..

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

He's been a lot more aggressive this year. A lot more! He's just not a good finisher. Neither is Cam but if Cam was willing to be patience like Kevin, he would have a lot more success because he's just a much more talented player with the basketball. Another issue I noticed is when Cam is patience his handles aren't. That could be the cause of why he's so out of control. 

We had to do so many drill with him last year but Cam also keeps growing. These things do impact things like ball handling to a degree.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

So thats on Cam, not LP.

Not that simple.  The play design and how you practice should mitigate how you can attack your opponent.  Having said that, I agree that Reddish has been playing like a player with an extremely low BBIQ.

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's been a lot more aggressive this year. A lot more! He's just not a good finisher. Neither is Cam but if Cam was willing to be patience like Kevin, he would have a lot more success because he's just a much more talented player with the basketball. Another issue I noticed is when Cam is patience his handles aren't. That could be the cause of why he's so out of control. 

We had to do so many drill with him last year but Cam also keeps growing. These things do impact things like ball handling to a degree.

His ball handling is holding him back almost as much as his lack of strength is. I've never seen an NBA player lose control of the ball during an active dribble this much in a long time. Even the guys that can't dribble at all. It's weird. Even when he dribbles up the court with no defenders around him, he'll lose control for a second then get it back. Like wtf did he work on in that long as off-season?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cwell said:

His ball handling is holding him back almost as much as his lack of strength is. I've never seen an NBA player lose control of the ball during an active dribble this much in a long time. Even the guys that can't dribble at all. It's weird. Even when he dribbles up the court with no defenders around him, he'll lose control for a second then get it back. Like wtf did he work on in that long as off-season?

This was one of those things we saw improve by January and now it's back. He needs a screen nearly everytime but not because he can't beat his man off the dribble but he doesn't trust his handles. 

Bob mentioned he was the one player with no access to a gym during the quarantine. It shows. Kevin, De'Andre, and Trae have shown good improvement on a number of skills compared to last year. Cam seems to have regressed offensively based on what we saw in the 2nd half of last year. 

Kevin has improved. Trae has improved. His issue is his floater and jumper. De'Andre massively improved. Cam seems to have regressed while still showcasing the potential we all saw last year.

COVID hurt him and but this is also a sign that we really need a coach on him. How do you have an offensively sophomore slump when your 1st half of your rookie year was a rookie depression.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was one of those things we saw improve by January and now it's back. He needs a screen nearly everytime but not because he can't beat his man off the dribble but he doesn't trust his handles. 

Bob mentioned he was the one player with no access to a gym during the quarantine. It shows. Kevin, De'Andre, and Trae have shown good improvement on a number of skills compared to last year. Cam seems to have regressed offensively based on what we saw in the 2nd half of last year. 

Kevin has improved. Trae has improved. His issue is his floater and jumper. De'Andre massively improved. Cam seems to have regressed while still showcasing the potential we all saw last year.

COVID hurt him and but this is also a sign that we really need a coach on him. How do you have an offensively sophomore slump when your 1st half of your rookie year was a rookie depression.

I guess the silver lining is that they can key in on what worked last season. Deandre showing out takes pressure off of Cam being the third star the team needs at this point in time.

Hopefully he gets the reps he needs; adding the version of him that ended the season last year makes us more lethal.

• Premium Member

Some BS officiating but our interior defense sucks so bad without Capela we couldn't win this one even if there was no whistlejob in Giannis's favor. Still it was very nice to see Hunter, JC, Gallo and Rondo ballin. Good effort on offense, but there was no way to win this one defending like that. Hopefully Trae and Clint will be back on Tuesday. 

GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

See how Collins held that screen to create space for Hunter to get his shot off?

He doesn't do that for Trae.   He flashes toward Trae, and immediately takes off toward the basket.

If he starts to hold his screens more, Trae would have an easier time getting off the floater.

Yup, JC goes for the alley-oop, which works much better than Trae's floater. If this is not by design, it certainly should be.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, terrell said:

I think We might  have our BIG 3 at least.

Trae/Hunter/Capela

LOL What else JC needs to do to get some love from you? 

I know we don't have a real reason to trade Trae, but Hunter/JC/Capela coulb be of of the best NBA's frontcourts for years. The way I see it, we just need a starting-caliber SG to be really good. 

And Cam can just go. I'm really tired of his brick-layer ways. I'd much rather have Huerter out there than him.