• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sound like a Falcon fan.  More offense wins championships right?  That why the Wizard are doing so well.

No good 2 way players available unfortunately..I dont even know if Beal is available. I was just sayin.If Cam, Huerter, and Bogi stinks, we need a starting 2 guard...lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, terrell said:

"After watching Capela I know what a rebounder looks like. Collins is not. Gallo shows me what a scoring big looks like. Collins is not.

Hunter has shown me what improvement looks like when you are good. Huerter and Reddish have not shown that".

This is why Trae/Hunter/Capela is our BIG 3.............lol

Heurter is improved this game notwithstanding. Reddish is really struggling though. Where did Cam from the last few months of last year go? 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How long are they on minute restrictions? Do other NBA teams assign these arbitrary minute restrictions?

Per Gallo in post game interview re minutes......it all depends on how he feels, then the minutes are increased game to game.  The better he feels the more he can play.

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

John's back over 40% from three. Great game from him today.  Hunter was just so impressive. I'm loving his growth from year one to year two.  

Travis knows how to pick em. 

I saw a lot of we 'gave up too much for Hunter' articles last year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The minutes restrictions are set by the training staff and yes, other teams do.

I think I’ve heard at least 10 Jeff Van Gundy rants to know this is not some Hawks specific thing.  “Oh you’re saying he can play 15 minutes but not 20?  C’mon man, who exactly is setting the alarm clock on his ankle?!”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Thought OO would provide more on offense.

How did you think that? He's a rookie big returning from injury, no training camp, no real off season. I'm just glad he looks serviceable on the defensive end. He's not even close to game shape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He is a 21 year old sophmore who will have inconsistencies.  Why are you happy he's struggling? The moment he had a good game he went out with an injury.  Can you be patient and stop basking in whatever glory you think is Hunter vs Reddish?

Hunter's playing great which is a great sign for the ultimate potential of the Hawks.  These are all Hawks players, no need in revealing when players are struggling.  You seem to really enjoy the losses.

Makes sense to get annoyed when people undervalue John and Hunter but than proceeds to do the same regarding Cam. smh.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

I think I’ve heard at least 10 Jeff Van Gundy rants to know this is not some Hawks specific thing.  “Oh you’re saying he can play 15 minutes but not 20?  C’mon man, who exactly is setting the alarm clock on his ankle?!”

JVG always mocks the minute restrictions. He's old school, not big on babying guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

How did you think that? He's a rookie big returning from injury, no training camp, no real off season. I'm just glad he looks serviceable on the defensive end. He's not even close to game shape.

He gobbled up the ball on those blocks - love to see it.

• Like 1

I just caught up and finished the game. This might have been the worst I've seen Cam Reddish play on both ends since the Clippers blowout last season where he was a -48. 

His defense was horrendous till the last 4 minutes. Milwaukee completely played to his aggression. 

That said, Hunter was excellent offensively but rough defensively. 

Collins was similar. 

Solo actually looked good for his standard.

Gallo was critical. 

I was disappointed with Rondo, Goodwin, and Huerter.

LP had his moments and had bad moments as well.

This lost to me is on Cam Reddish. Not that he would have won if he played well because we wasn't going to win but it would have been better. 

Ultimately, we got zero from the SGs.

• Like 3