Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, marco102 said:

John's back over 40% from three. Great game from him today.  Hunter was just so impressive. I'm loving his growth from year one to year two.  

Travis knows how to pick em. 

TBH JC just landed on Travis's lap. He definitely hit it over the fence with Hunter, though.

OTOH, Trae+Cam for Luka was a terrible trade. Travis's biggest blunder so far. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, aali34 said:

Makes sense to get annoyed when people undervalue John and Hunter but than proceeds to do the same regarding Cam. smh.

I might be wrong, but one can't really undervalue a player who's shown us no real value. He's shown us promise, sure, but he's too inconsistent. In my books, that's good for a backup SG  spot and nothing more. Huerter is better than Cam as of now, and to me it's not even close. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He was one of the most efficient bigs in the country in college, Id like more than 4 points a game. 

Well, he did make both of the shots he took, so there's that. You can't make shots you don't shoot. FTs will most likely continue to be bad.

🤷‍♂️

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I think Cam wants to be the star!  He doesn't want to play complimentary basketball mean set up Hunter or John when they are making shots.  He still has that hero ball in him and he isn't a good enough shooter to play that way but yet he does.  To me that screams low BBIQ!

Osh Smith 2.0

🙄

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Some of y'all wanted Issac Okoro who is far from a scorer or shooter so even some of y'all don't believe that the shooting guard position has to be great at shooting all of the time.  He can impact the game in other ways.

SG can't be total ass on both offense and defense. That's what we get from Cam more often than not.

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

SG can't be total ass on both offense and defense. That's what we get from Cam more often than not.

Kevin offense has been fairly consistent as has Cam defense. The issue is, Kevin defense has been very inconsistent as has Cam offense. 

For Kevin, this is not a surprise for us. The thing is, many fans want Kevin to be more consistent at shooting. 3-9 games just won't cut it. 

For Cam, while he has had less clunkers on defense than Kevin on offense, his offense has been a bigger mess than Kevin defense this year. Ultimately, a lot of fans notice offense over defense. 

Both players have have shown improvement compared to last year on one side of the ball but to see degree have regressed on the other. Kevin consistency has regressed on defense and Cam handles, jumper, mechanics, and playmaking flashes have all regressed. 

Kevin has had some really good defensive games this year but many clunkers. 

Cam has had only a few good offensive games this year. His excellent preseason is seeming like an anomaly than something more to come.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I might be wrong, but one can't really undervalue a player who's shown us no real value. He's shown us promise, sure, but he's too inconsistent. In my books, that's good for a backup SG  spot and nothing more. Huerter is better than Cam as of now, and to me it's not even close. 

The thing is, metrics say they are having similar seasons as does the eye test. We got a tendency here to shit heavily on a player who played their worst game of the season and put his entire season like it garbage when Cam been our most impactful perimeter defender all season long. To say Kevin is much better just completely disregards defense where Cam has been much better. 

Both players need to show improvement but overall, both our are 5th best starters and compared to the general production of 5th starters, they are general within that tier regardless if we all know they are more talented than your average 5th starter. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The thing is, metrics say they are having similar seasons as does the eye test. We got a tendency here to shit heavily on a player who played their worst game of the season and put his entire season like it garbage when Cam been our most impactful perimeter defender all season long. To say Kevin is much better just completely disregards defense where Cam has been much better. 

Both players need to show improvement but overall, both our are 5th best starters and compared to the general production of 5th starters, they are general within that tier regardless if we all know they are more talented than your average 5th starter. 

If we can merge these 2 guys, we'd have the perfect SG. 😄...for now this is what I want from them. 

For Huerter to give us the offense we expect while being passable on defense.

For Cam, be the defensive presence we need on the wing while lettimg his offense come along, slow down.

The problems for both are inconsistencies, not so much Huerter as he was playing well before the clunker last night.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we can merge these 2 guys, we'd have the perfect SG. 😄...for now this is what I want from them. 

For Huerter to give us the offense we expect while being passable on defense.

For Cam, be the defensive presence we need on the wing while lettimg his offense come along, slow down.

The problems for both are inconsistencies, not so much Huerter as he was playing well before the clunker last night.

They would be our best player if we merged their strengths. Sadly, we can't at this time. We gotta develop them

• Like 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They would be our best player if we merged their strengths. Sadly, we can't at this time. We gotta develop them

The pace of this move by Cam is what I would like to see more of. Patience. Don't settle for those tough 3s.

• Like 4

Our "coach on the floor" from last season is now in the booth.  We are missing that.

Hawks got blown away in the 1st quarter.  After that, they put up a good fight.  If only those shots had went in, there would have been a real barn burner of a game.  Starting a rookie center who hasn't played but a very few minutes instead of one of the best NBA centers couldn't be great.

Remember Trae hitting all those three point shots last game?  We missed him last night.  With two starters unable to go, Hawks had a terrible beginning.  

Bruno.  He should play - get traded - released.  Right now he's just drawing his paycheck and taking up space.  Use him or lose him.  A thought.  Hawks are keeping him healthy, just waiting for someone in need to come up with a good deal and we add him to the mix to make it work.....

California coming to town.  Get well all you injured Hawks.  Hard for this bird to fly.  BB will still be out for a while and, remember Kris Dunn?  He's still a Hawk.  Healing, waiting for the second half.

Up and down.  In and out.  Still, we're @ .500 ball.  Going to make it happen!!

👨‍🌾

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I think the last 20 games of last season showed some value.

I'm not saying Cam is above criticism, just pointing out that Hunter's game last season wasn't as good as this year. Anyone who felt that Hunter was getting dogged on last year should show some courtesy to Cam this season, especially after hearing that he was one of the few players without gym access over the offseason.

• Like 2