• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

“Trae” and “elite offense” simply don’t go together.  How can an awful finisher who never shoots corner threes, never cuts off the ball, has absolutely no mid range game, and hunts assists instead of simple possession-advancing passes be called elite?  

I hate to be so hard on shawty but losing is virtually the goal when you choose to build around a 32.2 usage rate for a sub .500 eFG shooter who is also exploited on defense every way imaginable by BUs and third-tier guards (which I illustrated in depth last season but can’t find the thread). The floor-raising job that Dre was doing as a sophomore was f&@king phenomenal.  Halliburton was the no-brainer pick to slowly but surely supplant Trae but nah Hawks gonna Hawk.

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d96

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If we gonna tank, I want Cade Cunningham or Jalen Suggs. I am cool with one of the wings too. We need someone on Kevin and Cam's ass. Pass on Mobley for what we need. 

As long as our starting backcourt is Trae/Huerter we're tanking..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

“Trae” and “elite offense” simply don’t go together.  How can an awful finisher who never shoots corner threes, never cuts off the ball, has absolutely no mid range game, and hunts assists instead of simple possession-advancing passes because he doesn’t have confidence he can see the entire floor from the top be called elite?  

I hate to be so hard on shawty but losing is virtually the goal when you choose to build around a 32.2 usage rate for a sub .500 eFG shooter who is also exploited on defense every way imaginable by BUs and third-tier guards (which I illustrated in depth last season but can’t find the thread). The floor-raising job that Dre was doing as a sophomore was f&@king phenomenal.  Halliburton was the no-brainer pick to slowly but surely supplant Trae but nah Hawks gonna Hawk.

Facts are facts which are well.... Facts. 

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

As long as our starting backcourt is Trae/Huerter we're tanking..

Kevin WAR with Trae is literally 0 WAR over the last three years. Cam with Hunter and Trae was .6 WAR and he was shooting like ass as he's doing now. It's clear, Trae and Kevin can't play together mainly because they are such food on defense. Teams attack them relentlessly. We couldn't double Randle because he got the ball on an advantage. f***ing insane. LP ain't got really shit to work with due to the injuries. Posters can talk about how bad he sucks but this team got way too many flaws. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

“Trae” and “elite offense” simply don’t go together.  How can an awful finisher who never shoots corner threes, never cuts off the ball, has absolutely no mid range game, and hunts assists instead of simple possession-advancing passes because he doesn’t have confidence he can see the entire floor from the top be called elite?  

And because of this, Schlenk should definitely be on the hot seat....I seriously think they drafted Trae to put fans back in the seats, as he is a highlight reel at times..But That shit is gonna backfire bad if we dont start winning...Imagine all of the ESPN games had he kept Doncic..$$$$$$$$$ for days..lol

1 minute ago, terrell said:

And because of this, Schlenk should definitely be on the hot seat....I seriously think they drafted Trae to put fans back in the seats, as he is a highlight reel at times..But That shit is gonna backfire bad if we dont start winning...Imagine all of the ESPN games had he kept Doncic..$$$$$$$$$ for days..lol

I love De'Andre but I'll take WOAT shooting Cam with Luka over Hunter, Trae, and Cam. I kinda wished we would have traded up to get LaMelo. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin WAR with Trae is literally 0 WAR over the last three years. Cam with Hunter and Trae was .6 WAR and he was shooting like ass as he's doing now. It's clear, Trae and Kevin can't play together mainly because they are such food on defense. Teams attack them relentlessly. We couldn't double Randle because he got the ball on an advantage. f***ing insane. LP ain't got really shit to work with due to the injuries. Posters can talk about how bad he sucks but this team got way too many flaws. 

Jalen Brunson going at Trae was laughable.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I love De'Andre but I'll take WOAT shooting Cam with Luka over Hunter, Trae, and Cam. 

Luka just much more versatile player than Trae. I still cant believe they made that trade. Just imagine if we missed out on that top 6 protected pick and Dallas lucked up and got Zion...OMG!! That wouldve been an EPIC fail..It still might be if Cam doesn't end up being an all star..

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Payton, IQ, Rose, and Bullock was running a train on Trae and Kevin screaming BARBRA! everytime like Fabo. 

Did Schlenk think we could hide him when he drafted him? He was never going to be a good defender with his size and length..Getting in passing lanes is the best your gonna get..

Just now, terrell said:

Luka just much more versatile player than Trae. I still cant believe they made that trade. Just imagine if we missed out on that top 6 protected pick and Dallas lucked up and got Zion...OMG!! That wouldve been an EPIC fail..It still might be if Cam doesn't end up being an all star..

I tried to sell myself on the idea that Trae could be better when Luka was brickin but he just much better overall. Honestly, I don't like watching Trae play anymore. His defense is ass and he was so fun to watch and now, he cries and baits. I don't like it. I want fun Trae back. Logo Trae or whatever you call him. He was going Iso Trae and it actually worked and put so much pressure on the defense. He has to play Luka ball now. A lot of screens. Not taking guys 1v1. But Luka is big and can finish. Trae well... 

I miss Trae Iverson. Even if he wasn't as good, his passing made it lethal. This Trae is no fun. 

There is a reason why we didn't go out our way to vote for him this year. 

Luka defense is back to being trash again but his offense is back to being freakish, so oh well. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Anyone down for trading JC/Snell to GS for MIN pick and Oubre.

I dont like Oubre at all, but 2 1sts in 2021 draft sounds good..Is the pick protected?

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I dont like Oubre at all, but 2 1sts in 2021 draft sounds good..Is the pick protected?

Oubre is a UFA. He's ain't long term for us. He just make salary work. If anything, we can do the deal without him. Something like Looney/MIN pick for JC. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Oubre is a UFA. He's ain't long term for us. He just make salary work. If anything, we can do the deal without him. Something like Looney/MIN pick for JC. 

Oh yeah..Forgot he'll be Unrestricted...

Edited by terrell

That Luka shit will always hurt. He was so NBA ready. 

Cade not NBA PG ready: http://www.tankathon.com/players/cade-cunningham

Neither is Suggs: http://www.tankathon.com/players/jalen-suggs

All of the the top 5 need to come off the bench next year except Cade

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That Luka shit will always hurt. He was so NBA ready. 

I think the NBA paid Ressler off tbh...lol, They didnt want him in Atlanta...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think the NBA paid Ressler off tbh...lol, They didnt want him in Atlanta...

Probably and blamed the Black fans for us. You know, Trae fits Atlanta better. f*** outta here. Give me the best player. Luka would be loved in Atlanta like any superstar is. This is the same f***ing city that wanted more white fans under Levenson. As a Black fan, I f***ing wanted Luka. Hell, a month before the draft, I wanted Collin Sexton more than Trae. I ain't saying Trae hasn't been worth it for us but he's not playing like it right now. I think he knows it too. He is pressing just as much as Cam. 

Trae plays like a scam. 

Cam plays like Alibaba products. It got Nike on it and looks real but the fit is well...

Kevin = 31bda2fdb8c6e91ee1d6bb6bbfe75c1a.png

JC - spree.jpg

Edited by NBASupes

Only Hawk players I love right now are De'Andre and Clint. The rest of ya'll some bitches. 

Trae plays like a hoe. 

Cam needs to get a shrink, a dribbling coach, a shooting coach, and a personal trainer. He don't need to date or go on vacation. Just live in the gym like Kobe. 

Kevin needs 3 months with Mike Tyson and some other tough athletes. He's soft as a bitch. His defense is super ass. He plays like Chuckie Finster. 

Bruno, get some reps. I don't know how without the G-League but just do it. 

JC - Why you didn't take the money? 

Big O - Get your ass out here. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1