• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So you want him taking long threes as opposed to floaters? Um Ok, I guess. 

YES!  Especially when the floaters aren't going down.

His long 3's are momentum starters for us, and can demoralize the defense.

The issue with his floaters lately, is that he still has a man hanging all over him, because a decent screen wasn't set.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I told y'all to lower your expectations after the Hunter surgery. This team has only a few quality wins all season long.  If LP could do better he would.  This team is a play in team at best this season.   

This is a fact. You can't rely on any of our wings right now without Hunter. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We weren't in a lot of games last year. Maybe teams weren't guarding as tough, With so many games coming down to the wire this year, defensive pressure is more intense. 

They played 30 close games last year (within 5 pts) and were 11-19 in those games. They've played 16 this year and are 5-11.

Trae was 2nd in NBA in scoring in those 30 games last year. He's not top 30 this year. 

Cam and Bruno need to let the game slow down on offense. Once they do that, man, those two will be much better for it. I know we didn't see Bruno but he does it too. Once Cam just let it come like, I don't gotta rush shit, he would be so much better. His defense was actually big tonight. I thought Cam did an excellent job with the exception of a missed Taj Gibson assignment. 

The issues Cam and Kevin have are not going anywhere. The main one being they are too inconsistent. Kevin too passive, not impactful on defense, cant hit contested shots very well. He's fine when he's playing well, but when he's not he's a negative.  And Cam being loose with the ball, ending up on the floor. Does that happen to other players regularly? It's bizarre. And his shooting is wildly inconsistent. Like absolutely not reliable at all. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Renee Montgomery is so good with her analysis.  Much better than Stinger, Jerome and anybody on the Hawks broadcast ( outside of maybe Vince Carter ).

She understands that Trae needs to ball out, in order for the team to win.

Once again, LP's answer to that question is unacceptable.  Find a way to get your damn stars the ball, and encourage them to shoot the ball.

I love listening to her - always on point!

That was such an LP non-answer.  Even if teams know it's going to be Trae or John at least involve them in the action to force the defense to move, then  if it ends up with a play for someone else then ok....but you don't abandon them totally. That makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

YES!  Especially when the floaters aren't going down.

His long 3's are momentum starters for us, and can demoralize the defense.

The issue with his floaters lately, is that he still has a man hanging all over him, because a decent screen wasn't set.

that point about the screens....yeah. I hate seeing us die on screens on defense and then watch Collins on the other end not even make contact with the defender. that fake like i'm gonna screen and then slip to the rim thing is so trash. Atleast mix it up. He slips every screen

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

The issues Cam and Kevin have are not going anywhere. The main one being they are too inconsistent. Kevin too passive, not impactful on defense, cant hit contested shots very well. He's fine when he's playing well, but when he's not he's a negative.  And Cam being loose with the ball, ending up on the floor. Does that happen to other players regularly? It's bizarre. And his shooting is wildly inconsistent. Like absolutely not reliable at all. 

Most night it's all or nothing from these two.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cam and Bruno need to let the game slow down on offense. Once they do that, man, those two will be much better for it. I know we didn't see Bruno but he does it too. Once Cam just let it come like, I don't gotta rush shit, he would be so much better. His defense was actually big tonight. I thought Cam did an excellent job with the exception of a missed Taj Gibson assignment. 

Luka Doncic is the master of it. Just plays at his speed, never lets guys speed him up. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

His ball handling was actually below average tonight. It was massively better than usual. He still had a Cam moment which turned into an IQ three but overall, that part wasn't bad. Kevin on the other hand just can't play with Trae and we play winning ball. Over three years, Kevin been with Trae and his combined WAR - 0.0. It comes a time we have to end this experiment but injuries happen.