• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cam is the new Josh Jackson, not Smith..Needs to be in the G-league for a while..

Naw, don't put that on Cam. Cam actually plays good defense and has skill. Josh Jackson is all tools and athleticism. He's starting to find his shot but he's not that talented. Cam is all talent, tools, and skills he can't actually use due to his shit ball handling. 

Josh has a lot of stuff he is dealing with, that said, Josh can be a good player in the future now that his mind is right. 

Edited by NBASupes

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe just maybe, us not being in the bubble messed us up. Trae and Cam shooting has massively declined. Kevin can't hit shit consistently. We brick a lot of floaters. We are soft. UGH! Where are we? 

6th in tanking - http://www.tankathon.com/

Hawks might not win another game before the break tbh..Wizards and Pistons actually look better than us right now..And we're talking about Maxing guys..lol

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, don't put that on Cam. Cam actually plays good defense and has skill. Josh Jackson is all tools and athleticism. He's starting to find his shot but he's not that talented. Cam is all talent, tools, and skills he can't actually use due to his ball handling. 

I wonder if practices those ball handling drills Steph does. Steph puts himself through some very tough drills, dribbling two balls, changing hands, between the legs, crossing the arms over, doing it going forwards backwards, sideways, etc. That is a lot harder than it looks.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We should beat the Cavs. We play the C's three time. I assume we will get one of them. so 13-23. 10 games below .500. Say good night.

I doubt it...Cavs cant wait to play the Hawks..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wonder if practices those ball handling drills Steph does. Steph puts himself through some very tough drills, dribbling two balls, changing hands, between the legs, crossing the arms over, doing it going forwards backwards, sideways, etc. That is a lot harder than it looks.

LMAO, you know he didn't. Why you asking

The trio of Trae, Collins, and Pierce DO NOT know how to win, individually. And if I’m wrong, and Pierce does know how to win, it means Trae and company aren’t listening to him, which is even worse. I don’t see the Hawks being a contender with two of those three still on the team.

Just now, terrell said:

The trio of Trae, Collins, and Pierce DO NOT know how to win, individually. And if I’m wrong, and Pierce does know how to win, it means Trae and company aren’t listening to him, which is even worse. I don’t see the Hawks being a contender with two of those three still on the team.

You just figured this out. I been shouting to the loudest hill, we can't win big with JC or Trae. While JC has improved defensively a lot, tonight shows what I've been saying. JC still can't guard the best in his position. Randle killed him. Capela fought but shit, Randle made some tough shots. 

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why not play Skylar Mays more? He's not turning the ball over, he's hitting open shots. 

His defense is bad but yeah, we should see him more. Him and Cam has good chemistry. I am wondering if Mays might be a better pair with Cam than Huerter. 

• Premium Member

I've been avoiding this place because these games have been so painful.....  I don't know what the answer is right now.  Spurs absolutely exposed our defense, we played the pacers O.K. but trae took ...zero 3PA??? And now we have julius randle looking like hes anthony davis.  I wish the suns were open to trading bridges for collins and some assets -- we need him out, no room to pay him with hunter looking as good as he is.  Collins defense will hold this team back no matter how good of games he has on offense.  Capela is an elite defender and that will be even more apparent when he has a serviceable defender with him in the front court.  Trae/Pierce clearly are butting heads behind the scenes.

What I hope we are witnessing right now is Trae taking a backseat until the trade deadline because Schlenk isn't done making moves this season.  I am hoping the reason trae has been so passive this season is because we're trying to showcase guys to ship out before the deadline (read: Collins).  I might be foolish thinking it but if that is the case, I still have hope for the second half of the season.  Hunter can't come back quick enough though.  Our defense suffers hard without him and he's been the only reliable guy to make anything happen on offense besides trae.

Also, watching Cam dribble is painful.  He needs to do nothing but dribble and shoot this offseason.  Like, unlimited ball handling drills.  Like Supes said, his entire game will open up if he can be average to slightly above average dribbling.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I've been avoiding this place because these games have been so painful.....  I don't know what the answer is right now.  Spurs absolutely exposed our defense, we played the pacers O.K. but trae took ...zero 3PA??? And now we have julius randle looking like hes anthony davis.  I wish the suns were open to trading bridges for collins and some assets -- we need him out, no room to pay him with hunter looking as good as he is.  Collins defense will hold this team back no matter how good of games he has on offense.  Capela is an elite defender and that will be even more apparent when he has a serviceable defender with him in the front court.  Trae/Pierce clearly are butting heads behind the scenes.

What I hope we are witnessing right now is Trae taking a backseat until the trade deadline because Schlenk isn't done making moves this season.  I am hoping the reason trae has been so passive this season is because we're trying to showcase guys to ship out before the deadline (read: Collins).  I might be foolish thinking it but if that is the case, I still have hope for the second half of the season.  Hunter can't come back quick enough though.  Our defense suffers hard without him and he's been the only reliable guy to make anything happen on offense besides trae.

Also, watching Cam dribble is painful.  He needs to do nothing but dribble and shoot this offseason.  Like, unlimited ball handling drills.  Like Supes said, his entire game will open up if he can be average to slightly above average dribbling.

John wasn't on Randle the majority of the night.

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You just figured this out. I been shouting to the loudest hill, we can't win big with JC or Trae. While JC has improved defensively a lot, tonight shows what I've been saying. JC still can't guard the best in his position. Randle killed him. Capela fought but shit, Randle made some tough shots. 

Ive said before, Im not maxing either one of them for this reason...But Schlenk is tied to Trae so......................................Im building around Hunter if Im Travis..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I watched around half the game and saw John get torched more than a couple times.  He's not a good defender regardless of what he did tonight on Randle or anyone else.  I'm not saying he can't improve, but right now he's not great on that end.  He has a bad habit of getting stripped when posting up or working around the basket too.  All I'm saying is we didn't extend him and I won't be surprised (or disappointed) if we trade him before the deadline. 

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive said before, Im not maxing either one of them for this reason...But Schlenk is tied to Trae so......................................Im building around Hunter if Im Travis..

Yep. Hunter is who I am building around to. Cam, Okongwu, Kevin, and Bruno are guys I am developing. I might be willing to move Trae for the 1st overall pick. 

Cade

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Okongwu

Capela

Billy Knight's dream come true squad. 

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I am watching the replay and I watched the game. Randle was torching JC and they moved Capela to him. Capela made things a lot more difficult but once you are on fire, everything starts going in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Y'all need to remain patient. We've got fundamental issues returning players won't fix, but we're still dealing with a bunch of injuries limiting what we can do on the court. This team can win games when everything is clicking.

The fact that we struggle to execute with so many players out shouldn't be surprising considering how many games we've lost the past few years. We don't have a good backup pg or center now, Gallo has not looked great, and our top bench wing is Solo... Be patient, this season was always going to be difficult for us.

• Thanks 2