• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I've been avoiding this place because these games have been so painful.....  I don't know what the answer is right now.  Spurs absolutely exposed our defense, we played the pacers O.K. but trae took ...zero 3PA??? And now we have julius randle looking like hes anthony davis.  I wish the suns were open to trading bridges for collins and some assets -- we need him out, no room to pay him with hunter looking as good as he is.  Collins defense will hold this team back no matter how good of games he has on offense.  Capela is an elite defender and that will be even more apparent when he has a serviceable defender with him in the front court.  Trae/Pierce clearly are butting heads behind the scenes.

What I hope we are witnessing right now is Trae taking a backseat until the trade deadline because Schlenk isn't done making moves this season.  I am hoping the reason trae has been so passive this season is because we're trying to showcase guys to ship out before the deadline (read: Collins).  I might be foolish thinking it but if that is the case, I still have hope for the second half of the season.  Hunter can't come back quick enough though.  Our defense suffers hard without him and he's been the only reliable guy to make anything happen on offense besides trae.

Also, watching Cam dribble is painful.  He needs to do nothing but dribble and shoot this offseason.  Like, unlimited ball handling drills.  Like Supes said, his entire game will open up if he can be average to slightly above average dribbling.

Trae is being intentionally passive so we can show case guys to trade? Um no, this sounds like borderline conspiracy theory. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. Hunter is who I am building around to. Cam, Okongwu, Kevin, and Bruno are guys I am developing. I might be willing to move Trae for the 1st overall pick. 

Cade

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Okongwu

Capela

Billy Knight's dream come true squad. 

Trae for the 1st pick? Hell yeah Im doing that..But Im trading for a 2..Kev and Cam are bench players..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. Hunter is who I am building around to. Cam, Okongwu, Kevin, and Bruno are guys I am developing. I might be willing to move Trae for the 1st overall pick. 

Cade

Cam or Kevin

Hunter

Okongwu

Capela

Billy Knight's dream come true squad. 

Crazy I’m not moving Trae because LP and this staff wants him to play a certain way rather than allowing him to be a better version of himself 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is being intentionally passive so we can show case guys to trade? Um no, this sounds like borderline conspiracy theory. 

EXACTLY....It’s the OFFENSE ....LP is so horrible at directing a offense that fits that now we have posters who want to trade Trae away. That is incredibly insane.

how is Trae getting blamed even on a down season this team is still much better offensively with him on the floor than off

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You don't think the good GMs do this?  Don't miss the forest for the trees

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Iso Joe is better than Trae Young. I don't care what no one says too. Al Horford is much better than Trae. Trae has proven he's better than Smoove but that's it. 

I told yall from the beginning, Trae Young is more flash than Substance. I saw enough at Oklahoma..Gonna be hard to win consistently with him Im afraid..But no way Schlenk moves on from Trae..He'll look like a fool for doing so..lol..Only a GM change will do it..

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Me too. I think if a team like Minnesota ended up with the 1st, they would consider it. Sadly, we might be in prime position anyway. 

This would be stupid and set us back for years to come. Horrible reaction. I’d trade cam for a second rd pick before I even think about giving up Trae .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Crazy I’m not moving Trae because LP and this staff wants him to play a certain way rather than allowing him to be a better version of himself 

Bro, he ain't what he was last year. His 1v1 game has regressed. He needs a screen for damn near everything like Cam but Cam has a reason, his handles are booty butt cheeks but what about Trae? His three point shot is inconsistent af. His floater is streaky. He was always a streaky shooter but he was always streaky from elite to average. Not very good to bad. He has made improvements. He's much better his Shot IQ. His passing has improved. His ball handling is more crisp. He's smarter and he runs the offense so much better this year than last. Defensively, he's massively improved even if it doesn't seem like much of an impact. He just isn't very good anymore on offense. He relies too much on the refs. His preseason play wasn't anomaly we thought it would be. The Bulls game ended up being that. 

Let's just be real. Trae hasn't been elite on offense this year. He's been very good but we need elite from Trae. Elite Trae would have us into the playoffs regardless of Cam's and Huerter's shit. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

TS isn't moving Trae. You would have to bring in a new GM to do that. 

And He shouldn’t move Trae, shouldn’t even be a topic. 
crazy fans suddenly want to move Trae before getting him a real nba coach who knows how to adjust and place a real offense around him. We have the weapons but not the game plan right now 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

This would be stupid and set us back for years to come. Horrible reaction. I’d trade cam for a second rd pick before I even think about giving up Trae .

lol I tend to agree with you.  I think winning a championship with Trae will be very difficult as it's much easier to build around an elite center or wing, but I'd still take my chances.  Trae's shooting will come back but it's not his focus right now.  If he can develop into an elite passer/game manager in addition to being able to score at will and efficiently, he could take us on deep playoff runs.

Just now, JeffS17 said:

You don't think the good GMs do this?  Don't miss the forest for the trees

So how does this work. "Hey Trae, Travis here, so I need you to take your foot off the gas until the trade deadline. But just keep feeding the ball to John, pump up his stats. We aren't going to pay him, so let's try and get a shitload for him in a trade." I'm sure that would go over great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

That would be a firable offense. Obviously, I am overreacting on Trae's front but I am frustrated about his game. I literally have to watch last year's game on Trae to remember, this guy used to be ELITE on offense. Maybe it wasn't consistent but it was there. For someone who's as bad on D as he is, we need him to be elite on offense. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That would be a firable offense. Obviously, I am overreacting on Trae's front but I am frustrated about his game. I literally have to watch last year's game on Trae to remember, this guy used to be ELITE on offense. Maybe it wasn't consistent but it was there. For someone who's as bad on D as he is, we need him to be elite on offense. 

Trading Luka for Trae and Cam is fireable too but here we are.DRafting Spellman fat azz over Robinson and a few others...Paying Rondo and Gallo 60 miill..Drafting Okungwu when we were desperate for a secondary playmaker..I dont know man..Im losing faith in Travis..Hunter/Capela trades are his best 2 moves...

Edited by terrell

What did TS get right? 

1. Gallo signing was pretty good to me. Yes, it doesn't seem like that but look at our bench tonight. Mays, Gallo, and Hill. I mean, this was some last year shit. 

2. Capela trade

3. Holding out on JC and making him prove it has been good as JC really improved his value. 

What he got wrong? 

1. Most of our signings have been hurt for a long time. 

2. Rondo signing is looking like the Turner trade. Hali looks better each and every day. 

3. He didn't give expectations but yeah, we are 6th in the NBA's tank lottery. That's not good. We have lost so many games within our division. It's been bad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trading Luka for Trae and Cam is fireable too but here we are..Paying Rondo and Gallo 60 miill..Drafting Okungwu when we were desperate for a secondary playmaker..I dont know man..Im losing faith in Travis..

It seems as such. The jury is still out but Trae needs to be a superstar offensively and Cam needs to at least become good. Right now, Cam is one of the least productive players mainly due to offense and Trae seems to have regressed. While Luka has had his struggles, he's been much better of late. Yeah, it looks bad. 

I don't want to judge Big O yet. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

What did TS get right? 

1. Gallo signing was pretty good to me. Yes, it doesn't seem like that but look at our bench tonight. Mays, Gallo, and Hill. I mean, this was some last year shit. 

2. Capela trade

3. Holding out on JC and making him prove it has been good as JC really improved his value. 

What he got wrong? 

1. Most of our signings have been hurt for a long time. 

2. Rondo signing is looking like the Turner trade. Hali looks better each and every day. 

3. He didn't give expectations but yeah, we are 6th in the NBA's tank lottery. That's not good. We have lost so many games within our division. It's been bad. 

And we're still tied for 10th spot play-in game..lol