• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

Just now, marco102 said:

I'll push back on this.  Trae's been playing the right way though.  The results aren't there, but if his teammates start hitting those open shoots, it'll open things up for him.  He took 19 shots tonight.  That's plenty. 

Just got to get Cam and Heurter to make shots. 

Are we going to the Cade Cunningham sweepstakes? 

Cade Cunningham is the 2nd coming of Brandon Roy.  That guy is going to be good.  He already has a NBA like game.

As for Trae, I don't want him playing the right way, if it continues to lead to losses, and especially him not taking shots down the stretch.  He missed 4 shots in the lane . . 4 tough shots.  But he didn't attempt a single 3 pointer, because he's not shooting 3s off the dribble lately . . or taking "hero ball" shots.

The Hawks need a hero who can save them.  Not a guy who plays correctly and makes the right play.

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Although Nate is superior to LP I don't want him to be the coach of this team either. He can be the interim until a permanent coach is found tho

A permanent won't be found this year. JC leaves for nothing if we don't match his max offer this summer.

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'll push back on this.  Trae's been playing the right way though.  The results aren't there, but if his teammates start hitting those open shoots, it'll open things up for him.  He took 19 shots tonight.  That's plenty. 

Just got to get Cam and Heurter to make shots. 

Are we going to the Cade Cunningham sweepstakes? 

Playing the "right way" is not Trae's thing. He didn't make it to the league playing the "right way" whatever the hell that is

• Like 4

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Here's the issue with that...

Trae took 3 shots in the 4th qtr and JC took 1 (with 11 secs left). Playing the "right way" in the 4th gets you beat when your support staff can't make a play. 

Trae needs to be aggressive and force his own offense if the rest of the team isn't doing squat. This idea of playing the right way is horse sht when it gets you beat every dang game. 

This. Teams want Cam taking an one dribble three or a three in general. Teams want Kevin shooting that step back 3 or driving with the ball which equals nothing. 

All year, we been complaining that Kevin and Cam just haven't given us what we need (defense and aggressiveness - Kev) and (shooting and scoring - Cam). Tonight, Cam's shooting killed us and Kevin with the ball in his hands was even more of a disaster. Almost all of Cam's threes hit the front iron. It was so rough to watch. At least his handles are improving. He made a mistake twice and paid for it once but overall, it looked a lot better going to the basket but 2-8 from three and 1-7 when the game mattered. UGH! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Cade Cunningham is the 2nd coming of Brandon Roy.  That guy is going to be good.  He already has a NBA like game.

As for Trae, I don't want him playing the right way, if it continues to lead to losses, and especially him not taking shots down the stretch.  He missed 4 shots in the lane . . 4 tough shots.  But he didn't attempt a single 3 pointer, because he's not shooting 3s off the dribble lately . . or taking "hero ball" shots.

The Hawks need a hero who can save them.  Not a guy who plays correctly and makes the right play.

So you want him taking long threes as opposed to floaters? Um Ok, I guess. 

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae has been effectively neutered.  I don't know of its LP, JC, or the whole team but this version of Trae is ass. 

People forget that Trae was actually good last year. They now see this foul baiting player is what he is. Maybe @TheNorthCydeRises, is right, he gained too much weight and is not as quick as he was last year. He used to kill people 1v1. He seems to need a screen for everything. 

Edited by NBASupes

34 minutes ago, aali34 said:

It's sad how I can't trust this team at all. 

I almost dont care anymor. I already feel that way about the Falcons right now...smh..Hawks better get right quick..smh

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He made a mistake twice and paid for it once but overall, it looked a lot better going to the basket but 2-8 from three and 1-7 when the game mattered. UGH! 

When your starting SF goes 4 of 12 from the field and 2 of 8 from three, most fans would not bother digging to find something that looked better. I hope you enjoyed that shit show of a performance you tried digging Cam out of.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People forget that Trae was actually good last year. They now see this foul baiting player is what he is. Maybe @TheNorthCydeRises, is right, he gained too much weight and is not as quick as he was last year. He used to kill people 1v1. He seems to need a screen for everything. 

Trae was 2nd in the entire NBA last year in scoring during clutch time per nba stats. This year he barely takes 2 shots per game in the clutch. 

Even if his overall attempts aren't down that much his effectiveness in the 4th is essentially gone this year. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We weren't in a lot of games last year. Maybe teams weren't guarding as tough, With so many games coming down to the wire this year, defensive pressure is more intense. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

When your starting SG goes 4 of 12 and 2 of 8 from three, most fans would not bother digging to find something that looked better, I hope you enjoyed that shit show of a performance you just dug Cam out of.

Cam was the starting SF :gum:

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

OO with 3 minutes? #6 pick in the draft and he cant sniff the court.

Yep Schlenk last 2 top 10 picks look like G-Leaguers right now....

Edited by terrell