• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

Just now, Cwell said:

sounds like something a coach with no imagination would say

No sir, that's a fact.   You see what Randle just did to us, right?   That wasn't great ball movement by the Knicks, getting guys open looks.   Hell, we get guys open looks all the time.

That's people being capable of taking and making big shots.

Trae shot the ball one time going down the stretch ( I think ).

Collins didn't shoot until the very end of the game.

The offense was Huerter and Cam getting good looks from the outside, but not being able to knock down enough open shots.

I want "hero ball" Trae back.  At least he had the aggressive mindset from a scoring standpoint, to take over the game like Randle did.

We're not a good enough shooting team to let the "open guy" take the shot.

• Like 3

Hmm just checking in. Let's see here:

• Pierce is still gutter trash
  • Hawks still have no actual offense
  • Defense is dumpster juice status
  • Extremely obvious that Dre was the most consistent player on this team
  • This team is not going anywhere

But I would hate for this team to trade Collins. I want to see this team with superior coaching before a key player is moved

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No sir, that's a fact.   You see what Randle just did to us, right?   That wasn't great ball movement by the Knicks, getting guys open looks.   Hell, we get guys open looks all the time.

The offense was Huerter and Cam getting good looks from the outside, but not being able to knock down enough open shots.

I want "hero ball" Trae back.  At least he had the aggressive mindset from a scoring standpoint, to take over the game like Randle did.

I'll push back on this.  Trae's been playing the right way though.  The results aren't there, but if his teammates start hitting those open shoots, it'll open things up for him.  He took 19 shots tonight.  That's plenty. 

Just got to get Cam and Heurter to make shots. 

Are we going to the Cade Cunningham sweepstakes? 

• Like 1

Just now, Bonkers said:

Hmm just checking in. Let's see here:

• Pierce is still gutter trash
  • Hawks still have no actual offense
  • Defense is dumpster juice status
  • Extremely obvious that Dre was the most consistent player on this team
  • This team is not going anywhere

But I would hate for this team to trade Collins. I want to see this team with superior coaching before a key player is moved

Unless you think Nate McMillan is "superior" coaching, if Travis isn't willing to match JC, I don't want to see him leave for nothing.

I have been the biggest person against trading for a SG who would be a liability on defense.  But at this point screw that the guys we have here now in Huerter and Cam don't give you much on that end either anymore.   If we are gonna be straight garbage on both ends of the floor from SG then im all open for a Beal or Lavine being brought in.  I would much prefer a 2 way SG like Jaylen Brown or Jrue Holiday but i doubt we can get one.  So if we can't hold anyone under 115 any more you might as well give me a guy who can drop 30 next to trae and we try to outscore them.  Then when Hunter and Dunn come back healthy we can add them for defense.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae's not as good as he was at scoring. Hero Ball Trae is now baiting Ball Trae. 

• Like 1

Just now, GameTime said:

Unless you think Nate McMillan is "superior" coaching, if Travis isn't willing to match JC, I don't want to see him leave for nothing.

Although Nate is superior to LP I don't want him to be the coach of this team either. He can be the interim until a permanent coach is found tho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'll push back on this.  Trae's been playing the right way though.  The results aren't there, but if his teammates start hitting those open shoots, it'll open things up for him.  He took 19 shots tonight.  That's plenty. 

Just got to get Cam and Heurter to make shots. 

Are we going to the Cade Cunningham sweepstakes? 

Here's the issue with that...

Trae took 3 shots in the 4th qtr and JC took 1 (with 11 secs left). Playing the "right way" in the 4th gets you beat when your support staff can't make a play. 

Trae needs to be aggressive and force his own offense if the rest of the team isn't doing squat. This idea of playing the right way is horse sht when it gets you beat every dang game. 

• Like 1